• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What starter will you choose?

Which starter will you chose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sprintking

Turtwig because I always pick chimchar. Although I really don't want to use ponyta....maybe I just won't use any fire types

one4all

top coordinator=P
well...
first i started piplup
but now im making myself even harder...
i wont even use water,fire,electric and grass...
and i wont use a starter not even battle with someone with any legendary pokemon
tough?

Last edited:

misunderstoodhero

i didn't buy Diamond or Pearl because i was waiting for the third version. i picked turtwig first time, and am on my second playthrough with chimchar!

D.S. Delano

Dark Ghost Collector
Turtwig i chose him in peral and he was amazing for most of the game without using anything esle.

plus he is 1 of my favs.

willpower

Add my FC
i chose chimchar because i thought there wasnt any good catchable fire type until i found out i could catch an houndour :(

from the games i made so far i never picked piplup, dont know why, never felt like it...

Nathaniel

Hoen Legend
i chose piplup because i think roserade is kickass. and now that they have houndoom.... piplup it is. Empoleon is amazing if anyone didnt know. in pearl i picked infernape, only because didnt want ponyta. but yeah i think empoleon is better than most of the water types too. gyarados is the only one i can think of that i would use other than empoleon....

umbreon4ever

Dark Trainer
I had chimchar and turtwig on my D/P.

So I choose Piplup.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I chose Turtwig, becausse grass pokemon are my favorite. I have never chosen anything but the grass starter in any game.

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
I always pick Piplup as my starter.
For me, it is very useful throughout the games, especially when facing the Elite 4.

Farmermon

Is back once again!
I chose Piplup for my first runthrough (almost beat it now)
After that I'm going with Chimchar, he's the only one I haven't had yet (I used to have Pearl)

DragonSage

Dragon Type Trainer
My starter is a female Chimchar whose already an Infernape now. Picked Turtwig for Diamond so I decided to give Chimchar a try this time around. ^^

pokegamefreak

i choosed piplup because i think it looks the best of all the other sinnoh starters

Nathaniel

Hoen Legend
I chose Turtwig then once i caught my starly i put him in the pc imediatly. personally i dont like the idea of having your starter having to be choasen from only three pokemon. so i chose starly to be my starter. staraptor kicks ***. no one gives poor staraptor a chance. :(

Lugion

I chose Turtwig because the little guy's awesome.