• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What starter will you choose?

Which starter will you chose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DSDark

Breeder
i'm not sure which starter to go with, i started with chimchar in Diamond but i don't use it anymore because of an Ev trained and iv breed infernape, so that starter doesn't completely matter but it still important. I'm leaning between turtwig and piplup but i hate piplup but with piplup pearl has torterra so that an easy pokemon to beat up on where Infernape can be annoying.

BroaddySN

We are Siamese
Turtwig all the way. I started with Piplup in my Japanese Diamond, and Chimchar in my English Pearl. So I'll start with the turtle in Platinum :]

tyranitar.armaldo

King of the reptiles
I will start with Turtwig but trade it out for a Treecko, so I can have my favorite starter.

Tenilius

I'll be choosing Piplup because I think Empoleon just looks awesome plus I'll be transfering over some eggs from D/P anyway like most people are going to.

The_Jack_Attack

Experienced Trainer
Definitely using Turtwig, I already have a moveset planned and everything. Too bad I won't be using it in the Battle Frontier because I won't be able to EV train it in the beginning...

JD

Chimmy definfetly I would pick turtwig but you he is to slow and I picked him in pearl and piplup n diamond

Mime1020

Heart Gold =)
Piplup the pengueine! I started with chimchar my last game of diamond just so i could start with piplup in platinum. Piplub gets grass knot quick so i have a special sweeper.

Mime1020

Heart Gold =)
Piplup the pengueine! I started with chimchar my last game of diamond just so i could start with piplup in platinum. Piplub gets grass knot quick so i have a special sweeper.

Sailor Saturn

Master of Silence
Turtwig. I've never used a grass type for my starter before, so it would be fun to change. Interesting that the poll seems to be pretty closely spilt among the 3.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Turtwig, my fave Pokémon and IMO the best Sinnoh starter. I can't wait to get started with it.

Pika-Freaka

I'm gonna pick Chimchar cause' I've restarted my Diamond a couple of times and Chimchar is the only starter that I haven't chosen.

Kukem

Probably Piplup due to the fact I've used the other two in the last two versions. Here's hoping it makes for a good starter.

Piplup, without a doubt. I had already chosen Chimchar for Diamond, so he's outta the picture. And, when it comes down to the other two, Piplup wins the vote. :)

Alloute

Not Banned
Well I chose Piplup in Diamond and Turtwig in Pearl. So I will pick Chimchar, a fire type is strong against Gardenia, Byron, and Candice, not to mention Aaron too, so it'll work out nicely:)

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
I will be choosing Turtwig again

Blue_Ditto_256

Fail on a Stick
I will choose Chimchar because I picked Turtwig in Pearl, and because Infernape is more useful in competitive battling than Torterra and Empoleon are.

Piplup. Simply because every Pokemon game I have ever had has started with a water type. (except for Yellow for obvious reasons) I may restart later, but I am not going to break my habits.