• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What starter will you choose?

Which starter will you chose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

darkshadow17

I will get chimchar because I like the fire type.

milo05

has no status =3
Well, i picked turtwig, torterra is awesome!

Tokeynono

akasaka sad
I always use Turtwig. Torterra is one of my favorite Pokemon (it's almost an exact replica of Venasaur, only with a tree). I also like ground type because my favorite move is earthquake (except, you know, for birds). I think Turtwig has the best combinations. I chose Piplup the first time I played Platinum, but I didn't like the steel/water combination.

And, as some people stated before, Infernape is ugly. It's shallow, but usually I like all of the final evolutions of starters (except the Johto ones). And Infernape...-shudders-.

Jirachi_Star

Fiddlesticks!
I choose Piplup also in my Diamond game. I don't really know why i choose it. I do like Chimchar and Turtwig though. :)

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
I'll be getting Platinum in the next couple weeks or so and I'll be choosing Turtwig because he's the first grass starter that I think is awesome. Gotta love that Grass/Ground typing when it evolves into Torterra and he learns Earthquake at the same time he evolves. Plus I chose Piplup in Pearl and Chimchar in Diamond.

Calm PokeMaster

I love Chimchar.Turtwig is also good but Piplup stinks.

shaq-attack

.:~:._.:~:.
Piplup stinks? It easily gets you past the first two Gyms with Bubblebeam and Peck.

Anyways, I chose a male Piplup in Diamond so I picked a female Piplup in Platinum.
That way their offspring would be my team's Empoleon.
Kind of obssesive isn't it? ^^;

xxxLatiasxxx

I'm going to have to say Turtwig.

Calm PokeMaster

Piplup stinks? It easily gets you past the first two Gyms with Bubblebeam and Peck.

Anyways, I chose a male Piplup in Diamond so I picked a female Piplup in Platinum.
That way their offspring would be my team's Empoleon.
Kind of obssesive isn't it? ^^;

I know,but it doesn't have the best of stats.I would go for a Gyarados over an Empoleon,it has superb stats.

And it learns EQ and Stone Edge.

PKMN Legend Anthony

Water Gym Leader.
piplup - i love waters :)

I know,but it doesn't have the best of stats.I would go for a Gyarados over an Empoleon,it has superb stats.

And it learns EQ and Stone Edge.

Seriously... each Pokemon is differnt. Which pokemon is 'better' depends on so many factors. Empoleon works better as a Bulky water and Gyra as an Attacker. So to say Gyarados is better is fairly 2D.

Last edited:

pokemonmaster3.0

Stop laughing...
I always use Grass, so I used Turtwig. Torterra is very useful, like in Pearl. Earthquake, Immune to Electric, etc.

legendary maniac

I LOVE LEGENDS
Piplup because i love penguins!:D

Looking for: TRU;492; TRU;486;
Offering: ;465; ;475; ;398;

Platinum Friend Code: 5327 7840 9362
Name: Nick

I was going to use Piplup like I did in Diamond, but I chose Chimchar instead. I have this funny thought of teaching my little monkey martial arts.

lloyd094

Experienced Trainer
In reply...

I always liked Empoleon, so I decided to use Piplup. Besides, Piplup is really easy to use an can become exceptionally strong.