• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What starter will you choose?

Which starter will you chose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jster786

Ace Trainer
Post your favorite starter and why.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Chose Piplup in Diamond, so I suppose I'll use Turtwig this time, as it's definitely my next-favorite. Infernape just looks ugly.

scurry13

Beginning Trainer
looking over the gyms, I think I'm going with turtwig, and transfer over eggs of chimchar and piplup (got those ready in my PC on diamond, thank you ditto!!!) one question. do special even pokemon (ie magmorter and electrivire) suffer from the badge restrictions like traded pokemon do? (where they don't listen to you)

Dragon Rules

No longer trading.
Piplup,since I'd chose Chimchar in Pearl.

mrglowy

Chimcar because i love him because i love monkeys and he is cute yes i am a male and i said that

Penguin888

a t l a n t i s
Probably Turtwig. Then transfer Lickitung over. :D

leon25270

<- Zap Cannon Espeon
I'm going for Turtwig. S/he is like Squirtle, except s/he is a Grass-type and s/he will become part Grass-type later on...

And I should try starting with a Grass starter for once.

hello moto

Top of the morning
Choosing Chimchar, I like the mean backsprite of infernape. But i'm sending some pokes from diamond so i might not end up raising the chimchar.

Hyper Chibi Absol

The Dark Goddess
Well... Chimchar's not my favorite but I already picked Piplup in my Diamond version. And of course I won't pick Turtwig. :/ Not cute enough.

So... Chimchar'll be my Platinum starter.

Visual

Nine one six ~
Probably Turtwig because I chose Chimchar in Diamond. Since there are so many Water Pokemons in the game, I don't feel like choosing Piplup.

Babey_blue

Foreva and alwaez...
piplup because he's so cute!
*hugs piplup!*

~AussieWonder~

Its simple:
Diamond: Turtwig
Pearl: Infernape
Platinum: Piplup

This is how I'v done it since RBY, and its worked out pretty well.

skillwise

Paul's fan
i choose piplup in diamond and i regret it, ill go with chimchar (there aint enough fire types till after the elite four) and ill trade a turtwig and a piplup over to it

JD

Uhh Chimchar since I picked piplup in diamond and turtwig in pearl so and plus he is awesome!

Zera

lolforumz.
i chose piplup, but thats just until i can trade stuff over.