• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What starter will you choose?

Which starter will you chose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dark Master Zork

dark scizor master
ima not gona chose any......how....well after i get one at random ima gona box it when i can n trade over me surfing pickachu after the first gym i have practaly all pokemon just missing those last 3 legonds so i plan on traden insome odd pokemon insted of catching any

JoeyRavn

I ended up getting Chimchar. Doesn't matter, in fact, as I'm migrating my now-egg-team to Platinum to hatch them. Then I'll trade them over again to Diamond to EV train them.

Pikawho?

(five15)
I chose Turtwig. I almost never choose the grass starters so I wanted to try something different. Probably the last time I ever will choose a grass starter. It was a pain getting through some parts, but I just happened to get through them. But yeah.

Rad3n

Banned
I will choose whichever my curser starts over. I intend to trade over a Weedle egg and go through with only Kakuna.

Pokeh

Eh, might toss a coin over Chimchar or Piplup. I Started with Turtwig in Diamond, so yeah, I want to try something else.

freakyboy05

Swing the bat
The starter that I chose was Charmander. But since i had to choose one of the sinnoh starters before I ended up choosing a chimchar. I have Charmander because i sent an entire team from diamond to platinum inside their eggs. I sent the following pokemon in eggs: Charmander, Totodile, Treecko, Ralts and Larvitar. Now this team is awesomely tough and my Charizard just got to level 100 today. What happened to Chimchar? He is rotting in Box 1 in level 8.

freakyboy05

Swing the bat
The starter that I chose was Charmander. But since i had to choose one of the sinnoh starters before I ended up choosing a chimchar. I have Charmander because i sent an entire team from diamond to platinum inside their eggs. I sent the following pokemon in eggs: Charmander, Totodile, Treecko, Ralts and Larvitar. Now this team is awesomely tough and my Charizard just got to level 100 today. What happened to Chimchar? He is rotting in Box 1 in level 8.

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
i'm going to choose turtwig because i love grass type pokemon! =D Also, he's pretty strong and his moves and stats... i don't really care about speed you know... and as the Turtwig evolutionary chain has pretty good defense and attack stats I'll choose him!

ClaymanV

although the poll is closed i did Piplup in D, and Turtwig in P.

So IF i get Pl, i'll use Chimchar.

Emo_Kirlia

I chose Turtwig because I choose my starters based on this:
Red=Charizard
Blue=Blastoise
Green=Venusaur

Gold=Typhlosion
Silver=Meganium(Silver's closer to green than Crystal is I guess)
Crystal=Feraligatr

Ruby=Blaziken
Sapphire=Swampert
Emerald=Sceptile

Diamond=Piplup
Pearl=Infernape
Platinum=Torterra(Like Silver, Platinum is closer to green than Diamond or Pearl)

BM14murph

Master Collector
I went piplup as i always go for the water type

the trends been going since i first got red way back when lol

Indy

WAT
Chimchar was chosen for Diamond.
Turtwig for Pearl.
Piplup for Plat.

Though, He's taking it easy at the daycare.

b3ttybr00t4l

COLOUR ME CLICHÉ
I chose Piplup, even though I picked him in Diamond and Pearl as wlel. But I traded chimchar with my sister, on her Pearl game, and Turtwig with my other sister on her Platinum game, so its all good ^_^

themagicalgamer

interesting garglmes
In every game I had before diamon was the water starter, so in diamond I chose chimchr (plus monkeys are awesome) and platinum I chose turtwig.