• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What starter will you choose?

Which starter will you chose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Piplup obviously! It's kinda awesome it evloves in to part iron and it's a penguin

It doesn't really matter, as I already have all three starters in my Diamond (and fully evolved), and would simply trade their offsprings or start out with a certain starter, get it equipped with a one-and-only item, and trade to my Pearl (which has an unused Chimchar), and then then pick the one that I didn't choose earlier, trading them back shortly afterwards.

But if I had a choice, I'd pick Piplup as the one that my final file would start out with.

Penguinist Trainer

I always pick the water type my first play through, because I love battling with water and ice type pokemon.

Weezing

The Poison Trainer
I chose Turtwig. I have to say- I love him.
I don't mean that I love something out of a game I mean I love any turtwig in general. I havn't let him evolve yet. He is at a level 21 now but I think I will keep him as a Turtwig a bit longer. (I hate grottle)

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
Turtwig. Just for the purpose of Torterra's Wood Hammer

Aiether

I honestly don't like any of the starters. I mean Infernape has frail defenses. Empoleon dies with like one earthquake and fighting kills it too. Torterra has awesome attack and defense, but its speed is lacking.

I don't know I guess I preferred the Hoenn starters because of their battle capability.

But I chose Chimchar, because eventhough its frail, if it gets the first attack I can pretty much kill/taunt walls, etc.

Horitzu

NOMNOMNOM
Where I live the release is on friday (22 of May), and we're free from school so I will probably buy it right away. :>
I'm gonna choose Chimchar ofc. I have almost always picked the fire-type :L

Neostar

Theh Newbie!
I chose Turtwig for Platinum. ;387;

I chose a Piplup for Pearl. ;393;

Saving Chimchar when I get Diamond. ;390;

ChloboShoka

Writer
I chose Chimchar in Diamond and chose piplup in Pearl so in Platinum I am going to choose Turtwig and try the cute leaf out. :)

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I chose Chimchar, since after I'm done with Platinum, I plan on restarting my Diamond because I used Action Replay to get a lot of stuff. I swore off that before I got Platinum.

Actually, I might play through Pearl first (as a girl, just for the lawls).

Aeron

Bum Eyes
Turtwig, I always pick the grass types, I mean, Bulbasaur and Sceptile is reason enough to choose the Grass starters (oftern overlooked)