• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Strategy will Ash use when he faces Paul at the Pokemon League?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like that Battle layout that you've done Tails_Sliat. Everyone else who posts on here then keep up the good work.

There are plenty of atacks that Ash could teach his pokemon. Here are a few that I've thought up:

Pikachu - This little mouse doesn't need any new attacks
Torterra - Stone Edge is preferable to deal with Honchkrow, Earthquake where it doesn't need speed, Wood Hammer
Infernape - Brick Break to deal with light screen, Flare Blitz to replace flame wheel
Staraptor - U-turn is effective on a staraptor
Buizel - It has Ice Punch, that is all it needed
Gible - Dragon Claw , not pulse.

The attacks thread is there in the Polls section.

On Topic: Writers have proved that they will be rushing thing by evolving Monferno so early. So new strategy can surely come in handy against Paul. Moves improvised is all Ash need so Ash to thrash Paul.

ST8

Fourth Gen Veteran
I'm quite inquistive about this supposed 'Blast Rage' that is something that Ash's Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape is able to use by activating Blaze. What could that do to increase a battle's power and supposedly its tide?

I think after the six on six battle against Paul, Ash will try and adopt a new battling style for all of his Pokemon by the time the league comes around. He will certainly need to try something new with Torterra, since I really can't picture it using Rock Climb due to it's monstrous size. Hopefully it will learn a team oriented move like Reflect which will also benefit it's already awesome defense, turning it into a tank.

Torterra with Rock Climb will be the weirdest thing ever. But I surely wanna see that gigantic Tortoise move around the ground with this move.

Torterra will most likely learn Wood Hammer and it will be a nice move for it as it already has a recovering move.
And Staraptor can use Roost to maintain HP in battle after using Brave Bird. It only has drawback that Staraptor will have to come to ground for one turn.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Torterra with Rock Polish plz.

ST8

Fourth Gen Veteran
That last comment about Torterra with Rock Polish put me through a rather funny little scenario with me thinking about what would happen if Torterra used Rock Climb after that. That would really put Paul in trouble and perhaps we'll see the super hero look that Grotle gave us in 'The Lonely Snover' after if downs Honchkrow. It may sound impossible but would add just that hint of humour to the battle.

SketchFox7

I believe that when he faces Paul he'll definitely use his Sinnoh team (no reserves vs Paul) and probably use everything, spinning, counter shield, and some new ones. Plus, a speedy Torterra = win!!!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I believe that when he faces Paul he'll definitely use his Sinnoh team (no reserves vs Paul) and probably use everything, spinning, counter shield, and some new ones. Plus, a speedy Torterra = win!!!

I think Spinning and the Counter Shield are all the special techniques his team knows.

He might train his team during the post-Sunyshore Fillers though, so they'll probably learn something else.

SketchFox7

I think Spinning and the Counter Shield are all the special techniques his team knows.

He might train his team during the post-Sunyshore Fillers though, so they'll probably learn something else.

They are, and I think he will utilize both, especially against Paul and I think Ash will develop a couple new techniques, maybe even perfecting Ice Aqua Jet with a Ice Punch/Aqua Jet combo!!!

Ash should use the strategy he used in gyms.
In previous generations he usually do some cool tricks in gyms like Volkner, Claire and Bugsy gym but he doesn't do the same in league. Thats quite disappointing cause if he used Claire technique against Blaziken then Charizard would be the sure winner.

SketchFox7

Ash should use the strategy he used in gyms.
In previous generations he usually do some cool tricks in gyms like Volkner, Claire and Bugsy gym but he doesn't do the same in league. Thats quite disappointing cause if he used Claire technique against Blaziken then Charizard would be the sure winner.

Do you mean Falkner???, because he hasn't challenged Volkner yet, lol

ST8

Fourth Gen Veteran
I wonder if Paul has actually changed his impression on Ash since that full battle. I guess that we will find that out in the evolution episode.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I wonder if Paul has actually changed his impression on Ash since that full battle. I guess that we will find that out in the evolution episode.

He probabl thinks less of him. Specially since Ash beat Brandon and Paul couldn't beat Brandon but could beat Ash.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
"Grotle, swallow your Energy Ball for a power boost!"

"Pikachu, spin to dodge that attack!"

"Buizel, use counter-shield!"

And thats about it...

jedi bobs

Beginning Trainer
One thing I think that will be an advantage to Ash, is that it appears that he will be using the reserves durring the Leauge, and since Ash will be changing it up, Paul will not know truly what pokemon Ash will be using durring there battle.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
One thing I think that will be an advantage to Ash, is that it appears that he will be using the reserves durring the Leauge, and since Ash will be changing it up, Paul will not know truly what pokemon Ash will be using durring there battle.

There is a chance for that, I agree. if after the Sinnoh league there won't be a BF. he definitely can use more pokemon like he used in the Johto league. it might be a great strategy because Paul doesn't know Ash's other pokemon.

ST8

Fourth Gen Veteran
What do you mean exactly by BF? Is it something to do with facing the elite four

psbigg

What do you mean exactly by BF? Is it something to do with facing the elite four

BF=Battle Frontier

its more like a filler saga that happens b4 ash goes to the next region

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
If he uses only his Sinnoh team:
Torterra - Torterra
Magmortar - Buizel
Electivire - Gible
Honchkrow - Pikachu
Weavile - Infernape
Ursaring - Staraptor

If he uses his reserves to help him & that'll surprise Paul:
Torterra - Glalie
Magmortar - Buizel
Electivire - Donphan
Honchkrow - Pikachu
Weavile - Infernape
Ursaring - Snorlax

Either way, I think Ash will be smart & rely on type advantages more than luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.