• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What the hec tier is this? Rate my first ever team :P

Jibbets

Hiyas everyone. Well, this is my first RMT and my overall first ever team made for out of game experiences. I dont really intend to use this competitivley, due to my wifi not working, but there are friends in school and the union room always works fine ^_^. Because of this, I have picked Pokemon that are basically my favorites, and turned down any real tier. However, if my wifi does work one day I wouldn't mind trying this team out :O. Since this is my first team, please don't be too harsh :S. All constructive criticism is welcome though. The Pokemon are in no specific order.

Here we go

dpmba348.png

Armaldo @ Life Orb
EVs: 40 HP/ 252 Atk/ 176 Def/ 42 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp Atk)
-Earthquake
-Aerial Ace
-X-Scissor
-Stone Edge/Swords Dance

An almost standard Armaldo as a physical sweeper. The moveset caused me a lot of trouble, especially Stone Edge/Swords Dance. With 252 Atk EVs, he might not need the boost from Swords Dance, so Stone Edge would seem the better choice, but it's accuracy frightens me.

dpmba135.png

Jolteon @ Leftovers/Petaya Berry
EVs: 252 Spd/252 SpAt/6 HP
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
-Thunderbolt
-Agility
-Substitute
-Baton Pass

This Jolteon will primarily be used to baton pass Agilities to Armaldo, and maybe an occassional Substitute. One of Armaldo's only set backs as a sweeper is his speed, so Jolteon should be able help him out in that area.

dpmba226.png

Mantine @ Damp Rock/Leftovers
EVs: 196 SpDf/192 HP/96 Def/26 SpAt
Calm Nature (+SpDf, -Atk)
-Surf
-Toxic
-Ice Beam
-Rain Dance

This Mantine will primarily serve as Special Wall/Rain Dancer. I'm not sure if the 96 Defense EVs will do anything, but Serebii forums says different :S. Rain Dance will serve as support, but I'll get into that later.

dpmba091.png

Cloyster @ Leftovers
EVs: 156 Hp/252 Def/92 SpAt/8 Spd
Lax Nature (+Def, -SpDef)
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Spikes
-Explosion

Cloyster, will serve as a Physical wall. I was thinking an Iron Defense could fit in somewhere here, but I'm not sure where. And I'm not sure if he should be my starter or if Jolteon should. So any help here would be great

dpmba407.png

Roserade @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 SpAtk/6 HP/252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
-Energy Ball
-Sludge Bomb
-Weather Ball
-Toxic Spikes/Sleep Powder

The rain dance from Mantine will be for Weather Ball, to take care of those annoying fire types. Energy Ball and Sludge Bomb for nice STAB moves aswell. In most cases Sleep Powder will be banned, so I thought toxic spikes would be useful. However, since this is not really going to be used on Wifi...Well I'm just not sure.

dpmba026.png

Raichu @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk/150 Speed/108 SpAtk
Hasty Nature (-Def, +Spd)
-Thunder
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Encore

This Raichu will be taking full advantage of the Rain Dance from Mantine, with a very strong STABed Thunder. The 252 Atk EVs are there for any Ground types that try to stop its rampage. Although its not likley to KO it, it's better than not doing anything. Basic battle strategy, Thunder anything that it can kill, and if not, Encore a status move, sub up, and focus punch to death.

Thats my team. Remember, its my first team ever so please be nice. And it's not for competitive battling, unless I ever get Wifi, which is very unlikley. I feel like Ludicolo might do this team some good, but I'm not too sure if he would fit in anywhere. I also hear Kabutops is amazing when it comes to Rain Dance. So once again, rate my non tier team :p

pit-fall

Angels Amoonguss
If this isn't a Competitive team in the terms of WiFi/Tournaments/ShoddyBattle, should it be placed here?

Anyway, I suggest leading with something different than Cloyster or Jolteon, or change the movesets. I don't know about your friends but most leads usually try to inflict status or lay Stealth Rocks in order to gain an early advantage.

Your team has a heavy bias to Special. Mantine & Cloyster and to a lesser extent Jolteon & Raichu are basically doing the same thing, so I would suggest changing one of them.

newbioform

Blazing Passion
Since you are running a rain dance team, Kabutops will outclass Armaldo because he has Swift Swim boost. Mantine and Cloyster are horrible special/physical walls respectively due to Mantine's 4x weakness to electric and Cloyster's weakness to fighting and rock. They should be replaced with more competent walls.

Give Roserade Rain Dance over Sludge Bomb and Sleep Powder over Toxic Spikes. Grass Knot should be used over Energy Ball. Lead with it.

Pickachu@Light Ball does Raichu's set better.

Jolteon is a bit redundant on this team as you already have Raichu/Pickachu and Kabutops does not require speed support. Use this slot to cover threats that your two walls can't.

Since you are running a rain dance team, Kabutops will outclass Armaldo because he has Swift Swim boost. Mantine and Cloyster are horrible special/physical walls respectively due to Mantine's 4x weakness to electric and Cloyster's weakness to fighting and rock. They should be replaced with more competent walls.

Becuase the best Garchomp counter in the game is a horrible physical wall right?

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
Cloyster isnt the best Garchomp counter in the game. It is a 'bad' phsyical wall because it is weak to stealth rock, lacks recovery and is destroyed by anything that runs a special attack. i.e fire blast mence/chomp.

Careful - Knock Off/Stone Edge/X-Scissor/Toxic @ Leftovers is a better Armaldo set.

If you want it to be all out attacking then stick Choice Band on it, don't bother with Life Orb on something so slow and ditch Aerial Ace as STAB Stone Edge does more than super effective Aerial Ace.

Raichu and Jolteon on the same team, especially neither having a hidden power, just makes you too vulnerable to grounds despite having the two water types.

Jolteon isn't a good speed passer either. Light Screen Scizor would work much better as a speed passer.

newbioform

Blazing Passion
Becuase the best Garchomp counter in the game is a horrible physical wall right?

Even if Cloyster can deal with Garchomp to a certain extent, I just can't think of any other sweeper that is walled by Cloyster. Gyara DDs in its face and even Mamo/Donphan can Stone Edge him on the switch-in. Breloom is the only one he can beat, assuming he has skill link, which this one does not.

Thing is, if its one of best answers to the strongest OUs, its gonna deserve a special mention. They do need Icicle Spear and Skill Link, plus a decent investment of Atk EVs to KO Chomp however.

Mantine is way too unreliable as a special wall. Sure, EQ immunity and 140 special defence look good on paper, but when all your other stats are averaging and your 4x weak to Electric and weak to Stealth Rock...not so good.

Team needs more reliable physical attackers. Raichu is too frail and Armaldo is way too slow and requires setup. Think of something else.

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
Mantine is a better special wall than Cloyster is a Garchomp counter.

Both are bad.

And when both your walls are easily crushed by Electric attacks, you DEFINTELEY need new walls. Hell, even Swampert would do if they wanted a physical Water wall.