• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What the heck is going on?!

Lightbringer

Johto Trainer
...Whatever. Digimon is ridicolous anyway. No, I do not want any posts telling me how stupid I am because I dislike Digimon. I just don't like it.

Eclipsed soul

Houndour Trainer
Exactly as Mega said D: So I'll list another example

Monster Rancher is also similar with the raising part. Because you train them to battle, raise them, and hybrid them, ect. D: Sure we aren't 'capturing' them in the same sense, but it's like the other games *nods*

In reality, it's not just a unique feature for just Pokemon. I think the Digimon game looks better than Pokemon Ranger anyway D:

Oh Digimon-disliking Pokemon fans, you never fail to make me sigh, shake my head AND roll my eyes at the same time.

Second here too D:

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
hogsbff said:
I thought Digimon left a while ago! Since when does it come back AND copy Pokemon. Hasn't it copied it already?
I've had it with the f*cking assumption that Digimon is a copy of Pokemon.

Digimon started out as a VIRTUAL PET game while Pokemon is a full fledged RPG about battling monsters. The only similar thing about them is that they're both pet raising franchises.

Monster Farm is a Pokemon rip-off! Neopets is a Pokemon rip-off! Tamagotchi is a Pokemon rip-off!

Seriously, you people need to realize that Pokemon ISN'T THE ONLY GAME ABOUT RAISING AND/OR BATTLING MONSTERS. Digimon World DS and Pokemon Ranger bare NO resemblence besides the fact that there are monsters in it. In Digimon World DS, you take control of Digimon without using anything similar to a capture styler - and the term "Digimon Tamer" existed WAY before Pokemon Ranger.

Before ANYONE accuses a Digimon game of being a Pokemon rip-off, please have the decency to read the actual game descriptions first before making a half-assed comparision. :\

Last edited:

Nintendo_6444

Tails the Bouyzel
Oh my goodness! You are capturing monsters and fighing with them! Someone sue! [/sarcastic]

Oh c'mon, just cause the main screen looks slightly similer, means you can say is copied Ranger? Pleeze... T_T

~~;444; "Grrrrrrr.... I %$!#%#^%^$#!"

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
The makers are jealous that Pokemon is hogging the limelight, like with the TCG. Personally, Digimon is fine as is, I mean they should just stick to making Digivices and Tamagotchis IMO.
Err...what?

God forbid they make games that revolve around an expanded form of the virtual pet system of the old Digimon Virtual Pet. Also, the Digimon video games existed since 2000, this is hardly anything new. :\

"L"

Digimon is not a copy of pokemon, nor is pokemon a copy of digimon.

And people Digimon is back in Japan with their fifth season. Like a phoenixmon they rose from the ashes!

Sarukarisha

Retiring
The games and ideas are only remotely similar. In reality digimon's different seasons also have different ideas.

Mirai Mirai

rabid kitten
I laugh everytime someone berates Digimon become it's copying Pokemon. Or vice versa.

It doesn't matter if you hate Digimon. It doesn't mean it's copying Pokemon.

Meowth! That's right!

Cat Pokemon Trainer
It kinda looks like fun...

Anyway heaps of games have you raising and battling monsters... with your logic, that would make Neopets a Pokemon rip-off!

davidone10

The new tuxedo look!
Digimon still exist? Well, I'll take care of that...*gets out machine gun* BWHAHAHA!

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
That just about did it. I now declare the Digimon fandom better than the Pokemon fandom. And it's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Nah, just kidding. But seriously, all this "let's blow up Digimon because it's about RAISING MONSTERS. ONLY T3H UBER SPECIAL POKEMON CAN DO THAT!!!" crap really gets on the rhombencephalon.

-Dragon-

Furret rocks
If I remember, wasn't Digimon out before Pokemon, in the very beginning?

Demon of Light

The Pumpkin King
The Digimon fandom IS better than the Pokemon fandom, in a way. It might be a bit batshit, but the vast majority of Digimon fans don't go around cursing Digimon out and claiming that it's a Pokemon ripoff after SEVEN FREAKIN' YEARS. In fact, most of the Digimon fans I know are in the Pokemon fandom too. I should know, I'm one of them.

Seriously, it's time to grow up and realize that Pokemon didn't invent the concept of monster taming. It doesn't matter who came first because in the end, these are two completely different franchises where the only thing they have in common is that they have monsters.

Twits.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Yes it was...
Not really.

The Pokemon games were released in February, 1996 while the Digimon Virtual Pet was released in June, 1997.

Last edited:

"L"

Not really.

The Pokemon games were released in February, 1997 while the Digimon Virtual Pet was released in June, 1997.

Wasnt it 1996 for both? I mean 2006 is the games tenth aniversary. I swear it was the anime of pokemon that came out in japan in 1997