• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What the heck is wrong with my Yahoo! Messenger?

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I log in to my Yahoo! Messenger for one reason and one reason only.

To get notified about a new e-mail message.

As you can see here, I have the notifications on that on:

durr.png

But no, it never informed me when I got a new e-mail not once.

It always did that with my old computer, so I don't know what gives.

Can someone help me?

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
Stop using yahoo. I have been locked out of my accounts for ages and they done crap about it.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
Stop using yahoo. I have been locked out of my accounts for ages and they done crap about it.

I'm sorry that happened to you, and no I'm not gonna stop using Yahoo!

All my important notes are on my Yahoo! Notepad, and my e-mail box is on Yahoo! Mail.

These two services are very useful.

Trevenant

Banned
Use a better e-mail provider? Yahoo has been crap since 2004 or whenever gmail started.

I'm also not sure what a "Yahoo! Notepad" is that wouldn't just be better off by e-mailing yourself via Gmail or just using Notepad, so...

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I never asked whether or not I should use Yahoo! Mail, this thread has nothing to do with that. I asked how I can be notified of new e-mail with my Yahoo! Messenger.

If no one can help about what I actually need help with, ah well I at least asked.

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
Why do you want to use Messenger so much? It's rather obsolescence and skype is the only widely used IM program.

Rezzo

Occasionally
Is the Yahoo! Messenger application directly linked to Yahoo! email automatically, usually? If not, you might need to fiddle with the POP3 settings of your Yahoo! account. If all else fails, find another email client and forward the emails to it. If you want me to give you a hand with doing this, just let me know

Last edited:

dragonskull

Dark trainer
I have a feeling the connection to the Yahoo servers isn't functioning, try checking those settings. I'm not familiar with the Yahoo! messenger software though, but this is what logic tells me.