• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

WHAT THE LUMP!!!!! uu team like a boss

trident20

ground types
Ok guys, I play ou and I'm good at it, then I got kinda bored and looked into uu
I realized that some of my favorite pokes to use in ou are indeed in uu.

This team is kinda bulky with a good sweeper,

Here is the team:

237.gif

Hitmontop (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat

Her I try to make the most out of priority moves.
The set is pretty straight forward but I need help on it.
What item should I use?

560.gif

Scrafty @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Scrafty scratfy scrafty. I can't believe he isn't ou. First of all of course I use dd.
This gets my speed and attack up. Now the opponent usually tries to get status on him.
That's where the lum berry comes in handy.
Getting rid of status and continuing to sweep is such a troll move to do.
Ice punch for dragons, drain punch for hp, and crunch for coverage.

609.gif

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Flame Thrower
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

This guy is a revenge/late game sweeper.
I have a porygon2 and a scrafty on this team so I need the ability to get rid of ever present fighting types.
So this is a coverage set. Plus his power is amazing.
178f.gif

Xatu @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spd
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Psychic

Used for poisoning and magic bounce.
This team is kinda stally so I need more pokemon with toxic.
also that magic bounce can really save me.

207.gif

Gligar @ Eviolite
Trait: Immunity
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Protect

This is my rock setter/stall guy.
His defense is amazing and can toxic, and u-turn out, or set up rocks and u-turn.
He is here to take hits, that my other ones can't. (yeah I know, taunt bait)

113.gif

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 4 Hp / 252 SDef
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Softboiled
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss

This pokemon is to take special hit where my other pokemon can't.
And then toxic the other pokemon.

Last edited:

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
Earthquake > toxic, you need stab, and it can dispose of some threats. Use note's s crafty set.

trident20

ground types
no i dont like notes set, this is one that i use 24/7.

anyway why do you need earthquake? his purpose is to stall

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Well, I'm not terribly familiar with UU but 3 Evioliters seems a bit excessive... Again, I don't know UU that well so I can't really say much, but I do know Xatu and Amoonguss are both fantastic and both usable in UU. They can get away with playing in OU, and Xatu is even viable in Ubers for Magic Bounce. I use both frequently. If I had to recommend replacing stuff, I'd say use them over Dusclops and Gligar, but again, my UU knowledge is very limited xD

Ironfish

pokemon scientist
evolite much? on amipom use return over double hit, and with duclops why invest in attack if all it does sismic toss/wilo-wisp for damage?

trident20

ground types
the small amount of attack is for shadow punch.

honestly i can get rid of porygon, but what set should i use on xatu?
also for double hit i wanted do be able to break subs...

I080I

UU expert
Earthquake > toxic, you need stab, and it can dispose of some threats. Use note's s crafty set.

False, both work for different reasons. Most of the time toxic is more useful, but earthquake can stop set up pokes so it is the safer option. Use whichever you want, its more of a personal preference.

Ok couple things:
-Use chansey, just use it. This may sound noobish but this thing takes a dump on the uu metagame. I've had a crapload of uu experience and you'll never have a problem with special attackers again (barring a trick) with this thing. It can also take an unboosted hjk from mienshao, its just that good. It helps your team out a whole lot as it could really appreciate wish/heal bell support. You might as well take advantage of smogon's retardation while it lasts. (I suggest replacing dusc with chansey)
-shed skin and lefties on that scrafty sir. Also use jolly not adamant. You won't regret it
-Your team is very hazard weak with no spinner or magic bouncer. In uu you pretty much need one of these.
-trick on chandy-hp fighting does less to a wall like chansey than fire blast does so in general trick is better to prevent chansey and the like from walling the crap out of you
-Don't bank on hax so if that's why you're using porygon than you can replace him.
-shadow sneak can't do crap damage (4% to gligar), use something else like toxic
-a good poke to worry about while making a team is physically def. suicune. Right now it absolutely runs this team over, might wanna think about running download on porygon to help with that.
-one more suggestion if I may, ambipom straight up sucks. I can't even remember the last time it killed anything on any one of my teams and always ends up just being fodder. If you like him as a poke you can keep him I suppose, but replacing him with hitmontop with sucker punch would be a good choice and you still get a priority move. At higher levels of play ambi just doesn't cut it.

Last edited:

trident20

ground types
False, both work for different reasons. Most of the time toxic is more useful, but earthquake can stop set up pokes so it is the safer option. Use whichever you want, its more of a personal preference.

Ok couple things:
-Use chansey, just use it. This may sound noobish but this thing takes a dump on the uu metagame. I've had a crapload of uu experience and you'll never have a problem with special attackers again (barring a trick) with this thing. It can also take an unboosted hjk from mienshao, its just that good. It helps your team out a whole lot as it could really appreciate wish/heal bell support. You might as well take advantage of smogon's retardation while it lasts. (I suggest replacing dusc with chansey)
-shed skin and lefties on that scrafty sir. Also use jolly not adamant. You won't regret it
-Your team is very hazard weak with no spinner or magic bouncer. In uu you pretty much need one of these.
-trick on chandy-hp fighting does less to a wall like chansey than fire blast does so in general trick is better to prevent chansey and the like from walling the crap out of you
-Don't bank on hax so if that's why you're using porygon than you can replace him.
-shadow sneak can't do crap damage (4% to gligar), use something else like toxic
-a good poke to worry about while making a team is physically def. suicune. Right now it absolutely runs this team over, might wanna think about running download on porygon to help with that.
-one more suggestion if I may, ambipom straight up sucks. I can't even remember the last time it killed anything on any one of my teams and always ends up just being fodder. If you like him as a poke you can keep him I suppose, but replacing him with hitmontop with sucker punch would be a good choice and you still get a priority move. At higher levels of play ambi just doesn't cut it.

ok you know uu more than i do so i took your advice

i changed the original post

I080I

UU expert
I'll give a couple more suggestions on the new team
-hitmontop needs rapid spin (instead of fake out)
-energy balls a better option on chandelure than hp ice
-why do you have attack evs on xatu? Its u-turn isn't gonna be doing a lot so its somewhat of a waste plus with bold nature this makes little sense. Also use psychic over heat wave as you already have fire coverage with chandy
-with toxic on xatu, I'd run earthquake on gligar
-don;t give chansey hp evs, isntead put them into sp.def. You lose a very small amount of physical bulk that way but gain enough sp.def evs that way to give it a huge 433 sp.def with the eviolite and wall the crap out of everything

Soperman

The One and Only
First thing: Slow down a bit with your typing. You have a lot of errors :p
Anyway, synergy-wise, the team is great, besides you not having anything to cover Gligar's water weakness. You can live though.

Now, Hitmontop happens to be one of the prime Spinners in UU. Therefore, you should use him as such. I recommend taking out Close Combat, unless you really need it for bruising walls or something.
Chandelure may want Timid, as Modest Choice Scarf isn't really enough to fully out-Speed faster threats.
Your Xatu set is all over the place. Consider making it a Special-wall of sorts, with Calm Mind and Psychic/Stored Power. Maybe even make it a full-on Special Tank, with Shadow Ball and HP Fighting for coverage; this way, you can set up Calm Mind the first turn (if you force a switch from whatever pokemon is trying to set up), and then beat up the other team. Otherwise, it's just sort of there, with no real purpose to it beyond suicide-bouncing.
Finally, I recommend giving Gligar Protect over U-Turn, as it looks like you want him to stall, not scout.

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Just sayin', Protect can be used to scout too. So running Protect fills 2 roles at once.

Hmmm seems great,but its odd a jolly hitmontop hmmmmm,Hitmontop is best if defense base,thats from my experiences,Because what if your Xatu Is gone,Great your pooped on by rocks and spikes,and your pokemon team has weakness to dark,Fighting,You have Chansay,And Scarfty,weak to fighting,yaaa Xatu can scare fighting but he's not all that powerful,Then Chaindlur,And Xatu,Both weak too dark,And Dark pokemon run around in UU,Soo yeah >.>

Your team Still Gets S*it on by Bulk Up Sub Machamp,Sharpedo,Houndoom,Zoroark,HARCROSS,The list gose on

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
*Points to Scrafty and Hitmontop*

Dark problem? I don't see one...

I also don't really see this Fighting problem, probably because of the Xatu, the one with the 4x resistance? And the Chandelure with an immunity?

I do, however, see TONS of grammar and spelling problems...

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?

Ok couple things:

Where do you get off saying chans can take an unboosted hjk? 252Atk Life Orb Mienshao (Neutral) Hi Jump Kick vs 252HP/252Def Eviolite Chansey (+Def): 100% - 119% (710 - 840 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
Fighting Gem on Hitmontop makes for a great battering ram in a tight situation.
Beware that in singles play and without technician,mach punch may be slightly lacking.Does he need two priority moves?
I find that using priority moves when your opponent has critical health is begging for a switch into a comfortable wall.
You could try pursuit because of this; physical attackers will also be on the switch anyway because of intimidate.

Additionally,don't worry about Gligar being taunt bait-you can scout with protect,then switch to Xatu and deflect the taunt,potentially giving you a free turn to toxic,heal etc.

Last edited:

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Just out of curiosity, if your chandelure goes down, how do you take on orbed Darmanitan? He 2hko's even gligar with rocks up (yeah I know, xatu, but you won't have perfect prediction forever), since this a late game theory, gligar would probably have some damage already anyways and I'm pretty convinced Hitmontop will not Ohko Darmanitan with Mach punch while darm easily ohko's with flare blitz (and then some).

Moog2

Must stay awake...
You appear to be developing a weakness to one of UU's most prominent sweepers; Choice Scarf Heracross.

With Close Combat and Stone Edge, it wreaks havoc on your team. It outspeeds scarfed Chandelure (learned that the hard way), and can dish out large chunks of damage even as you switch around its moves.

Gligar walls it nicely, but if it falls (Random HP Ice, Azumarill, Swampert, etc.), you're in for a bit of a tough time.

Just something to point out. Aside from Gligar, ghosts wall it fairly well, but I'm not going to suggest a large overhaul. Just making you aware of it. :p

I080I

UU expert
Where do you get off saying chans can take an unboosted hjk? 252Atk Life Orb Mienshao (Neutral) Hi Jump Kick vs 252HP/252Def Eviolite Chansey (+Def): 100% - 119% (710 - 840 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
Unboosted means no life orb...

Also the idea is if there's a darm or a hera, you keep chandy/gligar around, you can't expect your team to have multiple counters to threats like those. Also hera isn't a threat at all to this team with gligar, a ghost type and blissey, hera's not gonna do much

Last edited: