• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

WHAT THE LUMP!!!!! uu team like a boss

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Without a Life Orb, it takes 85.23% - 100.57% (6.25% chance to OHKO), but who runs a Mienshao without Life Orb nowadays?

I080I

UU expert
Without a Life Orb, it takes 85.23% - 100.57% (6.25% chance to OHKO), but who runs a Mienshao without Life Orb nowadays?

Dude scarfed mienshao is more popular (and better) than life orb and, from what I've seen, is still growing in popularity. It outspeeds or ties 95% of anything you'll encounter in uu and still hits very hard with a base 130 stab move. I see it about 3 times more than I see life orb mienshao on ps, especially with higher level players. Also a non-life orb (scarfed mienshao) won't be adamant, it'll be jolly (unless your opponent is dumb as crap), so max def chansey would actually take 77-92%, which is quite impressive. Also if you're running a wish/protect set, shao isn't even safe to go for hjk, so in short, chansey is a giant *** wall.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Either way, Chansey has no way of weathering Mienshao's Hi Jump Kick. It will be 2HKOed regardless of what it does.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Ugh boy, where do we start. Comments in red.
Ok guys, I play ou and I'm good at it, then I got kinda bored and looked into uu
I realized that some of my favorite pokes to use in ou are indeed in uu.

This team is kinda bulky with a good sweeper,

Here is the team:

237.gif

Hitmontop (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat

Her I try to make the most out of priority moves.
The set is pretty straight forward but I need help on it.
What item should I use?

Either abuse priority and fight offensively with Hitmontop or be defensive and abuse Intimidate, Drain Punch, and invest in bulk.

560.gif

Scrafty @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Scrafty scratfy scrafty. I can't believe he isn't ou. First of all of course I use dd.
This gets my speed and attack up. Now the opponent usually tries to get status on him.
That's where the lum berry comes in handy.
Getting rid of status and continuing to sweep is such a troll move to do.
Ice punch for dragons, drain punch for hp, and crunch for coverage.

Debatable choice. It's a good choice but you're team needs a bit of variety. Maybe Feraligatr? The croc can take a hit, send one back, and has some decent Speed to boot.

609.gif

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Flame Thrower
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

This guy is a revenge/late game sweeper.
I have a porygon2 and a scrafty on this team so I need the ability to get rid of ever present fighting types.
So this is a coverage set. Plus his power is amazing.

Love your interior decorating but might I suggest using Overheat as your Fire type move. If you want to be a bit more creative, a Substitue Pain Split strategy works quite well due to its sheer power and Shadow Ball and Fire Blast cover one another very well.

178f.gif

Xatu @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spd
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Psychic

Used for poisoning and magic bounce.
This team is kinda stally so I need more pokemon with toxic.
also that magic bounce can really save me.

No comment here bar the fact that you might want to consider Night Shade if Psychic isn't packing enough of a punch. Thunder Wave should also be considered since the rest of your team could do quite well with the foe's Speed drop.

207.gif

Gligar @ Eviolite
Trait: Immunity
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Protect

This is my rock setter/stall guy.
His defense is amazing and can toxic, and u-turn out, or set up rocks and u-turn.
He is here to take hits, that my other ones can't. (yeah I know, taunt bait)

Too much defence is never a good thing. Though Stealth Rock is always a nice move to have if not a necessity.

113.gif

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 4 Hp / 252 SDef
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Softboiled
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss

This pokemon is to take special hit where my other pokemon can't.
And then toxic the other pokemon.

No comment here bar the fact that Chansey does learn Stealth Rock. Over Toxic possibly?
What else? I don't know, maybe consider Swampert as opposed to Gligar? What do you guys think about my suggestions along with what's already been suggested?

Last edited:

Klaus™

Banned
Unboosted means no life orb...

Also the idea is if there's a darm or a hera, you keep chandy/gligar around, you can't expect your team to have multiple counters to threats like those. Also hera isn't a threat at all to this team with gligar, a ghost type and blissey, hera's not gonna do much

lol? it outspeeds everything he has, and i believe 2hkoes gligar through rocks with stone edge. ohkoes chandy with stone edge. ohkoes chansey with close combat(or very close). I'd say it is a huge threat. All it needs to sweep completely is a good pivot.

I dont see how you beat amoongbro cores at all. they troll you all day long, and you dont really do anything back, other than chandelure. They'd make a great pivot for hera to switch out and in.

as stated, houndoom craps all over you as well, and hitmontop needs to actually switch in, at which it's hit with a STAB LO-boosted fire blast.

Machamp pokes major holes in your team. especially dynamicpunch variants, which are every machamp. if it happens to have a sash, well, you just lost 2-3 pokemon.

scarfgon can also play mindgames with you. similar to scarfhera.

and kingdra. if it is on a rain team, and t-spikes are down, you are 6-0d. regardless, its hitting you very hard. everything but chansey.

I080I

UU expert
lol? it outspeeds everything he has, and i believe 2hkoes gligar through rocks with stone edge. ohkoes chandy with stone edge. ohkoes chansey with close combat(or very close). I'd say it is a huge threat. All it needs to sweep completely is a good pivot.

I dont see how you beat amoongbro cores at all. they troll you all day long, and you dont really do anything back, other than chandelure. They'd make a great pivot for hera to switch out and in.

as stated, houndoom craps all over you as well, and hitmontop needs to actually switch in, at which it's hit with a STAB LO-boosted fire blast.

Machamp pokes major holes in your team. especially dynamicpunch variants, which are every machamp. if it happens to have a sash, well, you just lost 2-3 pokemon.

scarfgon can also play mindgames with you. similar to scarfhera.

and kingdra. if it is on a rain team, and t-spikes are down, you are 6-0d. regardless, its hitting you very hard. everything but chansey.

You don't know what you're talking about at all. Stone edge from scarfed hera does 14-17%, not even a 2 hit if he got 2 crits after rocks.

What's amoongus gonna do to this team other than teporarily put something to sleep only to be woken up with aroma from chansey

houndoom can't kill blissey, crunch does about 25% max

he has a ghost type for dynamic punch...

once again porygon z can do nothing to chansey

toxic spikes on a rain team? This is uu and special kingdra also can't touch chansey

None of the pokes you listed are even remotely threatening. Please at least know what you're talking about before criticizing his team

Last edited:

Klaus™

Banned
You don't know what you're talking about at all. Stone edge from scarfed hera does 14-17%, not even a 2 hit if he got 2 crits after rocks.
ok, so i was wrong about that. but still, late game, hera is a huuuuge threat.

What's amoongus gonna do to this team other than teporarily put something to sleep only to be woken up with aroma from chansey
read, "pivot." as in, nothing really touches it besides chandelure, and cant come in freely all the time due to spore.

houndoom can't kill blissey, crunch does about 25% max
*chansey

and again, late game. and read, "Teammates." this is a factor you seem to be missing.

he has a ghost type for dynamic punch...

machamp has a 100% accurate for chandy switchins.

once again porygon z can do nothing to chansey

lol? i never said anything about porygon-z....

toxic spikes on a rain team? This is uu and special kingdra also can't touch chansey
ever heard of roserade? yeah, it just came out, brand new. good deal too. o, i also hear its a popular toxic spikes user too. o, you know, that reminds me of another good t-spikes user. qwilfish. yeah, its also got intimidate and haze to stop fighting type sweeps, specifically scrafty. you should check into those.

None of the pokes you listed are even remotely threatening. Please at least know what you're talking about before criticizing his team

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I080I

UU expert
-Your definition of late game seems to be when everything's at 25% health and rocks are up. This is not late game nor is this a likely situation
-you say pivot like it means something and amoongus can't do ANYTHING to this team and its NOT free to go for a spore with xatu around
-hera still isn't even remotely a threat just cuz you said huuuuuge
-I didn't say teammates nor did you so idk what to say here as you just seem to be just clinging on to the hope that houndoom can do something to this team
-your machamp comment lacks proper english so I can't shoot it down, unfortunately
-scarf gon means flygon or porygon z, you need to specify. Still both get walled by chansey
-I've never nor will likely ever see roserade on a rain team and as for qwil you forgot that he has a spinner AND xatu and most rain team qwil's will probably be swift swim life orb attackers anyway (not to mention most run spikes over toxic spikes). His chansey also has aroma so it can get rid of a poison if all else fails, which is extremely unlikely.
-You keep coming up with these really obscure situations and seem to assume trident won't ever be able to predict anything like a dynamic punch which I doubt is the case.

His team is actually pretty well rounded and is likely better than anything you'll make, looking at your bizzare suppositions (you also never even gave a helpful suggestion, just pretended to know what's threatening to his team). Don't invent ways in which his team is lacking solely to feel superior or at the very least think before you make assumptions like that scarfed heracross could do any damage at all to gligar.

Last edited:

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
-Your definition of late game seems to be when everything's at 25% health and rocks are up. This is not late game nor is this a likely situation
-you say pivot like it means something and amoongus can't do ANYTHING to this team and its NOT free to go for a spore with xatu around
-I didn't say teammates nor did you so idk what to say here as you just seem to be just clinging on to the hope that houndoom can do something to this team
-your machamp comment lacks proper english so I can't shoot it down, unfortunately
-scarf gon means flygon or porygon z, you need to specify. Still both get walled by chansey
-I've never nor will likely ever see roserade on a rain team and as for qwil you forgot that he has a spinner AND xatu and most rain team qwil's will probably be swift swim life orb attackers anyway (not to mention most run spikes over toxic spikes). His chansey also has aroma so it can get rid of a poison if all else fails, which is extremely unlikely.
-You keep coming up with these really obscure situations and seem to assume trident won't ever be able to predict anything like a dynamic punch which I doubt is the case.

His team is actually pretty well rounded and is likely better than anything you'll make, looking at your bizzare suppositions (you also never even gave a helpful suggestion, just pretended to know what's threatening to his team). Don't invent ways in which his team is lacking solely to feel superior or at the very least think before you make assumptions like that scarfed heracross could do any damage at all to gligar.
How about you back up your trash advice by making a team that is as perfect as you think your advice is, hm? Otherwise, I'd rather have advice from someone who actually makes valid points.

I080I

UU expert
ScreenShot2012-11-19at45737PM.png

Is this sufficient proof of my team-making capabilities? I was 32-0 at one point with the team that got me here

I never claimed my advice was perfect, however, I was just explaining why russian's points are invalid.
Can we get back to giving advice on his actual team?

Klaus™

Banned

im seriously done here. your definition of not a threat seems to be 1 poke walls it, and cant do anything to it.
its not an attacker, so idk what youre talking about. its job is to wall you. and stall you out, while still provide support. and you act like trident is supposed to have perfect prediction for the entire match. its honestly not hard to get off a spore, even with xatu.
o, so because it cant touch gligar, its not a threat. yet, it 1-2hkoes everything on his team. yup, not a threat in the slightest. and by late game, i mean gligar possibly be koed or damn near. thats what i would do, is get rid of gligar. its called, "strategy"
so youre just expecting 1 pokemon to completely 6-0 this team? almost no team does that happen, unless its a really bad team.
my bad. 100% accurate stone edge.
again, teammates.
lol, i was just stating that rain kingdra punches major holes in this team. if toxic-spikes happen to be up for one reason or another, then hes ****ed.
lol? and you keep coming up with bs counterarguments that dont even make sense. you assume everything is going to hunky-dory and at 100% health, and that its 1 pokemon against 6, and that its gonna be perfect prediction all the way.

His team is actually pretty well rounded and is likely better than anything you'll make, looking at your bizzare suppositions (you also never even gave a helpful suggestion, just pretended to know what's threatening to his team).
so were down to flaming. cool.
Don't invent ways in which his team is lacking solely to feel superior or at the very least think before you make assumptions
lol, just saying, i never said his team wasnt good.
like that scarfed heracross could do any damage at all to gligar.

lol, my bad. i was too lazy to run calcs.if youre just gonna insult me then whats the point? i didnt list suggestions because it was late at night/early in the morning. i was actually going to list suggestions as i thought of them. but **** that, im not going back to this thread anymore, lol. this is the reason the rmt threads have gone to ****. because of this, and raters who know nothing.

I080I

UU expert
A couple more suggestions
-you might wanna run fire blast over flamethrower, though accuracy is important, you may not to be able to ko fast threats with flamethrower. This isn't huge tho
-I'm gonna disagree with putting protect on gligar. If he were a lefties wall, I'd say go ahead, but right now he's set-up fodder so you might wanna replace it with eq or u-turn
-I agree one priority move on top is enough, I'd replace mach punch with either toxic or forseight. Also you might wanna try lefties over life orb as it'll make your top, chansey, gligar wall core even harder to break. Finally don't give it any speed, I'd try 252 hp, 252 att, 4 def adamant nature

Don't have much else to say, let me know how it's doing in play

Last edited:

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
I'd side with the Russian on this one actually.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I'd side with the Russian on this one actually.

communism.jpg

Anyways, opposing Scrafty look to be a bit of a problem with this team if they manage to get off a Dragon Dance or two. I'm not sure if Chandelure can OHKO but I know Scrafty can with Crunch, so he's not exactly a counter. Gligar's really your only check, or your own Scrafty if it hasn't gotten a Dragon Dance yet. Let me run some calcs between Scrafty and Hitmontop, then I'll get back with a full rate.

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
Divine. You just made my life.

I really should stop posting on this thread, my UU knowledge is more or less ScarfCross is dangerous. That's about it.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
-your machamp comment is completelty correct so I can't shoot it down, unfortunately
Fixed that for you. Also, Machamp's Stone Edge does like 160% to Chandelure.

I080I

UU expert
wrong comment

also completely*

Last edited: