• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Things From The Earlier Seasons Do You Miss And Would Like Back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Look at Pokemon from the 1st season to now...
What do you miss or want back.

I know the most common answers would be "Misty" or "Charizard"...
But look a little further and think of the detailed stuff that made us LOVE Pokemon from the beginning

To me, Pikachu's naive nature. Where the heck did it go? Pikachu used to poke, touch, try, and fiddle with everything as his curiousity made him a bit of a clown (His love for ketchup for example). I know Pikachu has been around long and probably matured but he should still carry some of those same qualities. Ash still has that stubborn personality of his.

Also the humourous physical smacks, hits, and BAMS, they used to give each other. Misty and Ash bickering and saying insulting things to each other and giving each other lumps on the head was an eyecatcher for me. "You're such a kid" isn't going to cut it.

We all know Team Rocket are now "Bada.s.s." but they should still be a bit clowny as they made a 360 with their personalities. Wobbuffet is a prime example of this change. He needs to come back.

Brock's love for girls was humorous the first few seasons but then his whack poetry in the Sinnoh seasons really irked me.

Jigglypuff... Nuff Said.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying stop watching the show because there are things I love about the show at this moment (OSHAWOTT!). But they need to make it back to the raw, "3 stoog-esque", manner they had it.

Anything any of ya'll want to add?

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Um... humor?

Every Pokemon fan should watch Episode 009, "The School of Hard Knocks". That is an episode of Pokemon at its absolute best.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Japanese references...but with them in NYC it would be hard lol

Rovian

Kodoku no Koori
- Brock's personality from his debut episode. He became a clown when he started flirting with girls.

- When Ash enters a new city, he should just go to the gym, challenge the leader, do a re-match if needed, win the badge, and leave (Think about his battles with Brock, Koga, and Lt. Surge). Why does he have to become their friend first every time?

- Using the special pokeballs. What happened to Ash and Misty's fastball, and Brock's heavy ball?

poizonsting

Pokemon master
- Charizard
- Brock
- Humour

The new Pokemon seems very lackluster. I've been trying to start watching B/W (since I haven't watched a single episode yet), but I find myself lacking interest.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
PREPARE FOR TROUBLE.

I'd like to see more variety in episode plot and structure. More (non-Grand) festivals. More unique competitions. More unique locales that might not have been in the games. We're getting a lot of episodes where its " Ash meets -Pokemon- and it has a problem they solve " and our milage is varying on entertainment value.

yeminied

The crazy pointless episodes that have no meaning and contribute nothing to the plot yet are enjoyable anyway.

The last episode like that was the Togepi episode where Team Rocket built a rocket ship then flew into space and everyone was blasted off by Rayquaza. Before that I can't think of any.

Not as many as we had in OS but more like that. I can't name a BW episode that has been like that at all, just about all contributed something to the plot.

pokemon fan 132

For start i would like to see Misty be given second chance as main cast member.She was great character having colorful and entertaining personality which added for great character interaction and chemistry withing group.

Also Misty wasnt fleshed out enough as character having many things left unanswered and open in story(like goal of becoming water master, potential to do more with her pokemon team,to expand more on back story(like what happened with parents,from where fear from bugs originates),developing her more as trainer.
In reality she has lot of untapped potential which could allow for further development and her return would in my opinion give justice to her character and all that unused material,giving us nice twist from current formula aswell opportunity to see her,her pokemon,battles and future accomplishments more often instead of everything being left to imagination and questionable and very rare appearances.

-I would also like that more humor is injected in new series missing antics and comedy older sagas used to have.Nowdays pokemon anime just doesnt seem to have that mix of humor and use of snarky comments older series(especially original) used to have in character interactions.

-Some older pokemon Ash had wouldnt hurt to be used more either.For such a big arsenal of pokemon he collected over the years some received rather short end of stick with likes like Kingler or Muk never being given justice,Totodile dint fared much better either and legend like Charizard being used in some future battle would be a welcomed thing in my opinion too giving us some info on how much further he improved in Charific valley.

MasterJedi

Coral Eye Trainer
Honestly besides having cameos of main characters/recurring side characters every so often and having Pokemon shown and return to battle in leagues/side quests, nothing. The writing was horrible, the characterization bad, thank God we're long past the Kanto days. I'm one of the few that will say compared to the rest of the saga Kanto was crap.

PokemonLotty

Misty, lol XD and I want Team Rocket's old motto back. I also thought that Ash should've kept his original hat it should have been symbolic or had a backstory behind why it was so important other than the whole box top thing. He should've kept it....
(or gave it to Misty) *shot*

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
The old episodes that were funny but did nothing for the story. LIke the episode where Pikachu kept obsessing over the ketchup. I love that.

Blasto

I miss....

-Misty as the main female
-Brock as the second main male
-Funnier episodes
-More pokemon captures (yet that seems to be returning)
-Pokemon that went into training or were released such as Pidgeot, Butterfree, Squirtle, Charizard, Primeape, even Lapras.
-More developed and interesting plots for gym battles, such as in "Riddle Me This" and "Volcanic Panic"... two of my favorite episodes
-The good old cocky, funny, terrible-at-their-job Team Rocket. I hate the new serious Team Rocket...
-Pokemon with more developed personalities... no more robots like Swellow, Staraptor, and Donphan. The only pokemon from season 1 with no personality was Tauros.
-Professsor Oak's and Delia's frequent conversations with Ash.
-Movies with an actual interesting plot... Mewtwo Strikes Back was the best pokemon movie ever we need more like that.
-Legendaries with more developed plots in the anime, such as Mewtwo and Lugia had. Pokemon like Cresselia and Heatran had NO explanation of where hey came from or their legends.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I miss....

-Misty as the main female
-Brock as the second main male
-Funnier episodes
-More pokemon captures (yet that seems to be returning)
-Pokemon that went into training or were released such as Pidgeot, Butterfree, Squirtle, Charizard, Primeape, even Lapras.
-More developed and interesting plots for gym battles, such as in "Riddle Me This" and "Volcanic Panic"... two of my favorite episodes
-The good old cocky, funny, terrible-at-their-job Team Rocket. I hate the new serious Team Rocket...
-Pokemon with more developed personalities... no more robots like Swellow, Staraptor, and Donphan. The only pokemon from season 1 with no personality was Tauros.
-Professsor Oak's and Delia's frequent conversations with Ash.
-Movies with an actual interesting plot... Mewtwo Strikes Back was the best pokemon movie ever we need more like that.
-Legendaries with more developed plots in the anime, such as Mewtwo and Lugia had. Pokemon like Cresselia and Heatran had NO explanation of where hey came from or their legends.

I agree with most of this except for the movies... The Darkrai and Zoroark ones were amazing to me!

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8

poizonsting

Pokemon master
The old episodes that were funny but did nothing for the story. LIke the episode where Pikachu kept obsessing over the ketchup. I love that.

Seriously, it was only one episode where Pikachu was seen to be fond of ketchup - it doesn't necessarily mean he's obssessed over ketchup though. That episode was probably intended as a pun by the writers for Ash Ketchum's last name.

Status
Not open for further replies.