• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Two (or more) Characters' Chemistry Are You Fond Of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyter

Island Challenger
What Two or More Characters did/do you like when they are together? Why?

Pokemon, Human or both.

Example: Ash and Pikachu. They make a great team and are the prime example of "growing on each other." From rebelliousness to Best friends, Pikachu and Ash have, by far the best chemistry on the series.

Ok now my answer...Pikachu and Oshawott.
Oshawott has a jealousy for Pikachu that (to me) is beyond cute. Oshawott represents the new generation that want to do it as good as the veterans such as Pikachu. But Pikachu, (as the mature Pokemon that he has become), just allows Oshawott's rants. It's honestly awesome to see these 2 together on screen.

Antithesis

Bulbasaur and Squirtle. It wasn't shoved in your face or made completely obvious like a lot of other relationships, but whenever the two are together it manages to be focused on.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
bulbasaur and snivy there a great couple

Antithesis

I feel like there might have been a joke there, or something witty, but I can't grasp it.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
Ash and Misty because they keep hinting that they like each other.
There are some indication in the Anime that Misty cares for Ash.

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
I hate being cliche, but I too am going to go with Ash and Misty. The little hints of them liking each other was cute and made for some interesting dynamics between them. I'm not a shipper, I don't believe that Ash and Misty were attracted to each other in the way Teenagers/Adults are (basically, a sexual aspect), but I think they liked each other a little more than friends, especially towards the end. Either way, it was a nice, light, non-cheesy relationship which I really enjoyed watching.

Ash and Bayleef.

Bayleef really seems to be in love with Ash, and needs attention. In a Jotho episode named "Chikorita's Big Upset", Chikorita walks away, because she thinks Ash likes Pikachu better than her (and to be honest, I think so too, Ash treats Pikachu better than his other Pokemon).

And Bayleef really seems to love Ash, but also listens to Ash since evolving, and after the episode "Turning over a new Bayleef", she gets her love under control and stops tackling Ash, and becomes a very strong and reliable Pokemon.

Also, it was funny when Bayleef was sent to Oaks lab in the episode "Duelling Heroes", and how she missed Ash, it was cute to see when Ash got Bayleef back. I am wondering how she is doing now, she can't stand the lab, but she's been there when Ash was in Hoenn, Sinnoh and now in Unova.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I hate being cliche, but I too am going to go with Ash and Misty. The little hints of them liking each other was cute and made for some interesting dynamics between them. I'm not a shipper, I don't believe that Ash and Misty were attracted to each other in the way Teenagers/Adults are (basically, a sexual aspect), but I think they liked each other a little more than friends, especially towards the end. Either way, it was a nice, light, non-cheesy relationship which I really enjoyed watching.

Yes but this got completely squashed when she left and in Pokemon Chronicles, her new "love interest" became Tracy. Or at least everyone said so. Just watch the episodes.

@Antithesis: YES! Bulba nd Squirt made a great team. That chemistry of theirs.

Another chemistry combo:
Meowth, James, and Jesse. I love how FAILURE after Failure after FAILURES these 3 maintain a tight friendship. The new Unova seasons has dropped that chem. but I still hope to see that show up somewhere.

pokemon fan 132

Im also going to say Ash and Misty but in friendly aspect.Their constant bickering and arguing was always fun to watch being interesting to see change in relationship between them over time.Misty toned down abit on her aggressive side becoming more teaseful/sarcastic in friendly manner.She also developed more tolerance toward Ash and her friends becoming more supportive and understanding with both characters becoming able to get over their difference developing strong friendship.

You could notice in departure episode how upset Misty was about having to leave Ash and Brock caring about her friends a lot.

Yes but this got completely squashed when she left and in Pokemon Chronicles, her new "love interest" became Tracy. Or at least everyone said so. Just watch the episodes.

I watched them and to be honest i didnt notice any sign of romantic affection coming both from Misty or Tracey.

Of course Misty and Tracey became closer friends in chronicles having more time to better know each other but to be honest they never showed amount of bonding and strong emotional connection which Misty showed to have with Ash and Brock.,No real signs of romantic affection was present either with Misty being pretty indifferent toward Tracey in love aspect.Way in which those two were portrayed made it seem like they are just two good friends who support themselves.
Especially when i look back and notice how blunt Misty used to be when Ash was in question being very clear in what she felt for him in original series.

Sure there was that one hint in "Date with Delcatty"when she stated how "there is someone else"when Georgio asked her out but person in question she talked about could be both Tracey and Ash.Judging by past and lack of any real hints for these two i have to say im leaning more toward "Ash being in question"in that episode answer.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Im also going to say Ash and Misty but in friendly aspect.Their constant bickering and arguing was always fun to watch being interesting to see change in relationship between them over time.Misty toned down abit on her aggressive side becoming more teaseful/sarcastic in friendly manner.She also developed more tolerance toward Ash and her friends becoming more supportive and understanding with both characters becoming able to get over their difference developing strong friendship.

You could notice in departure episode how upset Misty was about having to leave Ash and Brock caring about her friends a lot.

I watched them and to be honest i didnt notice any sign of romantic affection coming both from Misty or Tracey.

Of course Misty and Tracey became closer friends in chronicles having more time to better know each other but to be honest they never showed amount of bonding and strong emotional connection which Misty showed to have with Ash and Brock.,No real signs of romantic affection was present either with Misty being pretty indifferent toward Tracey in love aspect.Way in which those two were portrayed made it seem like they are just two good friends who support themselves.
Especially when i look back and notice how blunt Misty used to be when Ash was in question being very clear in what she felt for him in original series.

Sure there was that one hint in "Date with Delcatty"when she stated how "there is someone else"when Georgio asked her out but person in question she talked about could be both Tracey and Ash.Judging by past and lack of any real hints for these two i have to say im leaning more toward "Ash being in question"in that episode answer.

Do you think there will ever be an OFFICIAL relationship between 2 characters in Pokemon. Where they officially say, we are BF & GF

pokemon fan 132

Do you think there will ever be an OFFICIAL relationship between 2 characters in Pokemon. Where they officially say, we are BF & GF

To be honest i highly doubt it.Pokemon was never show about romance with writers trying to avoid such thing as much as possible.

Sure they tend to throw some romantic hints here and there between characters to bring up tension and spark some things up but they never went further than that sticking mostly to friendship aspect and pokemon.
Reason is probably because this is children TV show with small kids being much more interested in pokemon battles than romantic relationships.

Though there exist exceptions with some characters in other kids shows becoming couples at very end.

BlueDragonfangirl

Ash and Bayleef.

Bayleef really seems to be in love with Ash, and needs attention. In a Jotho episode named "Chikorita's Big Upset", Chikorita walks away, because she thinks Ash likes Pikachu better than her (and to be honest, I think so too, Ash treats Pikachu better than his other Pokemon).

And Bayleef really seems to love Ash, but also listens to Ash since evolving, and after the episode "Turning over a new Bayleef", she gets her love under control and stops tackling Ash, and becomes a very strong and reliable Pokemon.

Also, it was funny when Bayleef was sent to Oaks lab in the episode "Duelling Heroes", and how she missed Ash, it was cute to see when Ash got Bayleef back. I am wondering how she is doing now, she can't stand the lab, but she's been there when Ash was in Hoenn, Sinnoh and now in Unova.

I also feel Ash and BayLeef had a lot of chemistry, so sad we never got to see BayLeef fight in the D/P league. Oh well, next league cuz I don't see her coming back in the Best Wishes one. I also like feel Ash & Dawn and Ash & Iris have really good chemistry.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Pikachu and Piplup, Ash and Dawn, and Dento and his brothers :3 (<- too bad we didn't get to see much of them together :< but I'm sure their chemistry of brotherly love is perfect!)

DittoDude

The King of Town.
Oshawott and Snivy don't really interact, but I still ship them like insanity, and they would interact well if the writers started being smart.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
James and Cacnea, it`s funny how Cacnea hugs James.
I was sad to see him go

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I'm fine with this thread as long as it focuses on non-romantic relationships. However...

We have a shipping forum. If you want to post about anything that could count as seeing hints for a romantic relationship/your own wishes for there to be a romantic relationship between two characters, do it there.

Nyter

Island Challenger
I'm fine with this thread as long as it focuses on non-romantic relationships. However...

We have a shipping forum. If you want to post about anything that could count as seeing hints for a romantic relationship/your own wishes for there to be a romantic relationship between two characters, do it there.

Oh I did not know this...

"Shipping forum" sounds nothing of what you said at first glance but it is good to know. Thank U!

Hmm next chemistry...

Minun and Plusle.. Especially in the Destiny Deoxys movie, They were awesome. We need to see more of this in the anime!

thunderblade12

Dawn and Paul seemed like it could have been interesting. Too bad they only had like three sceens together,. They seem to be making up for this with Iris and Trip though.

Status
Not open for further replies.