• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What type is REALLY your fav?

Turner

Vagabond
For those of you who are patient enough to do this.. Lets figure out our favorite types.. by pokemon you love.. and.. typing them..?
From this.. we can also figure out which Gen we REALLY love. ^.^
Maybe we can learn something surprising about ourselves..?

*starts*

ICE x3
2nd- Sneasel (also dark)
1st- Articuno (also flying)
1st- Lapras (also water)

BUG x3
1st- Paras (also grass)
1st- Venomoth (also poison)
1st- Scyther (also flying)

DARK x4
2nd- Umbreon
1st- Sneasel (also ice)
2nd- Houndoom (also fire)
3rd- Sableye (also ghost)

DRAGON x3
1st- Dragonair
3rd- Vibrava (also ground)
3rd- Latias (also psychic)

ELECTRIC x2
2nd- Mareep
1st- Jolteon

FIGHTING x3
3rd- Breloom (also grass)
4th- Lucario (also steel)
4th- Gallade (also psychic)

FIRE x5
1st- Charizard (also flying)
1st- Arcanine
2nd- Houndoom (also dark)
3rd- Torchic
2nd- Quilava

GHOST x3
1st- Haunter (also poison)
3rd- Sableye (also dark)
4th- Mismagius

FLYING x10
1st- Charizard (also fire)
1st- Pidgeotto (also normal)
1st- Zubat (also poison)
1st- Scyther (also bug)
1st- Aerodactyl (also rock)
1st- Articuno (also ice)
3rd- Swellow (also normal)
3rd- Tropicus (also grass)
4th- Chatot (also normal)
4th- Togekiss (also normal)

GRASS x9
1st- Paras (also bug)
1st- Bellsprout (also poison)
3rd- Grovyle
3rd- Breloom (also fighting)
3rd- Cradilly (also rock)
3rd- Tropicus (also flying)
4th- Torterra (also ground)
4th- Leafeon
4th- Shaymin

GROUND x6
1st- Sandslash
1st- Onyx (also rock)
1st- Marowak
3rd- Trapinch
3rd- Vibrava (also dragon)
4th- Torterra (also grass)

NORMAL x10
1st- Pidgeotto (also flying)
1st- Kangaskhan
1st- Eevee
1st- Porygon
3rd- Swellow (also flying)
3rd- Linoone
3rd- Zangoose
4th- Chatot (also flying)
4th- Togekiss (also flying)
4th- Buneary

POISON x7
1st- Arbok
1st- Nidoran male
1st- Zubat (also flying)
1st- Venomoth (also bug)
1st- Bellsprout (also grass)
1st- Tentacruel (also water)
1st- Haunter (also ghost)

PSYCHIC x6
1st- Abra
1st- Mew
1st- Mewtwo
3rd- Metagross (also steel)
3rd- Latias (also dragon)
4th- Gallade (also fighting)

ROCK x5
1st- Onyx (also ground)
1st- Kabuto (also water)
1st- Aerodactyl (also flying)
3rd- Aron (also steel)
3rd- Cradilly (also grass)

STEEL x4
3rd- Aron (also rock)
3rd- Metagross (also psychic)
4th- Lucario (also fighting)
3rd- Mawile

WATER x10
1st- Wortortle
1st- Golduck
1st- Tentacruel (also poison)
1st- Lapras (also ice)
1st- Vaporeon
1st- Kabuto (also rock)
2nd- Suicune
3rd- Milotic
4th- Piplup
4th- Finneon

1st Gen x 45
2nd Gen x 7
3rd Gen x 25
4th Gen x 16

What did I learn about myself..?

Well.. Water, Normal, and Flying are tied for my favorites apparently... I knew I loved water types.. but I didn't think normal would make it up there in the higher numbers. I knew I loved bird pokemon - but I didn't expect it to match up with the water.. so that was a bit of a surprise too.

Grass came in second - which was a total surpise (I honestly expected second place to be either bug or flying).. and third place was Poison.. That, was also a total surprise.. Poison was one of the types I assumed to be one of my least favorites.. Weird.

At least Fighting didn't surprise me, as it's one of the last on the list, as I expected. Ghost, Dragon, Bug, and Ice however.. Tie it... This is odd to me, as... well, I mentioned before that I figured bug would take second place - so for it to be close to last on the list surprises me... And Ice surprises me as well, as it's so close in kin to water - my favorite (or.. one of them, apparently).. The Dragon I'm not too sure about... there are some dragons that I LOVE, but most of them I greatly dislike... so I suppose that one makes sense.

But - My LEAST favorite, apparently, is Electric. I honestly figured fighting would be lower on the list than it - but.. Meh.

Another thing that really shocked me, was the generational liking-ness...
I always assumed I loved the 1st gen most, then the 2nd gen.. then the 4th, then 3rd... Instead.. it's 1st, 3rd (the gen I though I hated came in second), then 4th, then 2nd (what I assumed to be my second fav, came in last!)... So, that was a total shocker to me.

Again - these are the pokemon I love - as opposed to just, "ooh, that one's cool, I'd like to keep one."... They've gotta' really, really catch my attention to be on here. ^.^ So - maybe that's why theres so many surprises from the results of this list...

I mean...
I LOVE the bug pokemon of Paras, Venomoth, and Scyther..
But I like the bug pokemon of Beedrill, Paras, Venomoth, Scyther, Ledian, Ariados, Yanma, Heracross, Beautifly, Surskit, Nincada, Ninjask, Shedinja, Anorith, Mothim, Skorupi, and Yanmega...

So.. Obviously, there's gonna' be a biiig difference between "type I like the most", and "type I love the most"...

How about you guys..? Care to share? Or perhaps learn something about yourself and your love for pokemon? :3

(please only post comments on other people's lists.. or organized lists.. not "omg I love dark types!")

Cassiel

Goddess of Mischief
Fire type ftw.

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
I already know it's the steel type, and well as you probably know, Metagross is ultimate favourite pokemon.

BTY

?HuH?
Fire Types... owns them all.

ahmad_bulba

IM FINALLY 13!! :D
venusaur=grass
scizor=steel
pidgeot=flying
scizor=bug
venusaur=poison
charizard/ninetales=fire
blastoise/??=water
umbreon=dark
gengar=ghost
golem=ground
golem=rock
raichu=electric
and many many more...

Regi-Z

Master of Nightmares
grass= Sceptile
steel= Scisor
flying= Charizard
bug= Scizor
poison= Gengar
fire= Infernape
water= Swampert
dark= Spiritomb
ghost: Sabeleye
ground= golem
rock= Golem
electric= Raichu
Yet there are always more

Vlagh

psychic all the way!

Regi-Z

Master of Nightmares
But lucario can learn a dragon move

Princess Reina

lalala....
Hi Turner! I will remply for your post with pleasure^^

I like: bug type, ice type, ground type, psychic type.... too many types I like but let me tell you about my two favourite types: Bug and ice.

I like bugs because are cute. Look at the face of sweet Shuckle, Caterpie, Weedle, Wurmple, Butterfree, Honeybee, Spinarak... They are all cute. Bug pokemon are friendly and they live in peace in the forests and in the other places where the peace is. Bugs like trees, leafs, flowers, they care about everything what is related with our beautiful world. Bugs are physically weak, well not all are weak but big part of their group is but if their home is in danger, they are brave and attack the enemies.
Why I like bugs? Do I em like they? Somehow yes. I like to live in peace, I like to make friends and I love nature. I walk in the forests or fields with pleasure, I like to sleep on the grass and I love to watch like the flowers and leafes grow. Everything borns to life in Spring. I dont know what pokemon I would be if I was born as one. Maybe a bug? I would love to see bug-type legendary^^

Oh, here comes the time for writing about my next, favourite type - Ice.
I have been loving snow and cold, windy days since I was born. The cold days and snow are like mistery. Big floating ices and the mountains where snow is, are so inaccessible. Ice type pokemon uses cold, darky moves (ice beams, blizzards). The soul of the moves is frozen. The moves are inexorable and beautiful. That why I like them.

Bugs are my first love anyway^^ Love bugs!

Regi-Z

Master of Nightmares
Oh yeah ice is also good and Im a fan of it

moomaster009

Dragon type is my favorite. All those powerful pokemon.