• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What type is your specialty?

Volcaronick

Mine is Ice, although I am also a HUGE fan of Water. But Water/Ice types go together well (Lapras), so I always say that they are both my specialties, though I favor Ice more than Water.

So....ice.

I personally am a big fan of Fighting types. I like the amazing type coverage they offer (there's pretty much no offensive typing that doesn't benefit from Fighting dual STAB, besides maybe Ground because of coverage redundancy), and many of my favorites are Fighting types, like Blaziken and Terrakion.

emilyshortcake

good left undone
I like using fire the best,with grass being a close second.
Pretty much I favor sun teams, they're the best<3
Plus those little fire and grass types are so damn cute *fangirls*

Steel is the best! I was the Official Serebii League Steel type Gym leader for a while, and had the highest win ratio in the league's history. I find the type extremely solid. Its few weaknesses are easy to work around and they pair defensively almost perfectly with dragons.

Also Skarmory and Steelix are badass.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Fire is definitely my go to type, mostly because of Charmander, although I find I work better with ground and ice types.

SuperPichu

Pokémon!
Although Grass is my fav type, my speciality is Water. I find Water types the easiest to use and some of my strongest Pokemon are Water types.

omg.its.juri!

Psychic, all of my best Pokemon were Psychic or Ghost in my previous games, up until Black which was where I attempted to do more of a mixed team. I learned that if you have a self heal move, and a protection move plus two really amazing power type moves you are all set. Water is in 2nd, but that's because all games except Sapphire and now SoulSilver my starters were water Pokemon, if not they are fire. I just like water types because they are easy to train, plus I for sure would have a Pokemon who could use surf for when I got that.

Water:
- It's my favourite type.
- It has my favourite Pokemon in it (Milotic), and some other Pokemon I love (for example, Lapras, Lanturn, Azumarill, Mantine, Kingdra and Suicune).
- I'm obsessed with Misty, whose favourite type is Water.

Estellise

peachy
Hmm...I absolutely love Ghost and Psychic Types, as well as Ice and Water. If I had to pick one, though, I'd go with Ghost Types.

EonDragonFTW

I'm pretty good with Fighting, Psychic, Dragon and Steel types. Don't know which one I'm the best at .

Dark types for me! I may not really be a real battler except with friends but I always have at least one Dark type in my party at any given time. Usually Cacturne, Bisharp, Drapion or Darkrai. Even if the ones I use are mostly dual type, I like them for being Dark types. Ghost is close 2nd though.

Firebrand

Indomitable
Fire, for sure. Because the pool of fire types is comparatively small, it's easy to get a handle on almost all of them. They have some very common weaknesses, but as a type they are very versatile and when used correctly, can be devastating.

Arlo

...and so on...
I like this question - it's a bit of a different spin, instead of favorite or best.

My specialty is probably Grasses, in that I use them quite a bit, and with good success, and I'm still sort of surprised when I see people complain about them being weak. Bugs are sort of the same way for me.

On the other end of the spectrum, I've never really gotten the hang of Steels. I know they can be powerful, but I haven't quite figured out how and when to use them best. And Poisons are a bit of a challenge too, but I tend to think that that's not just me - that they really just aren't that good a type.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Psychic and, allow cliche police are going to arrest me for saying it, dragons. Fighting it awesome as well.

Kalosian

So long
Probably Water, I usually have an easy time using Water-types. Most Water-types also have pretty good movepools and they do usually have a way to defeat Grass- and Electric-types and other troublesome things.

Lluc

Not a Very Well-Known Member
Despite the fact I love electric Pokemon I think I'm better with fighting Pokemon. They are the ones who are super-effective to most of the Pokemon I run into. I also try to teach every one of my Pokemon a fighting move if they can (Can't wait to find that Focus Blast TM in Black 2)