• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What type of cast chemestry would you like for the XY Anime!

What type of Cast type do you wish for the next saga?

• Ash/Female Gym Leader/Male Gym Leader (Ash/Misty/Brock, Ash/Iris/Cilan)

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Ash/Female Trianer/Young Brother of F. Trainer/Young adult/ (Ash/May/Max/Brock)

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Ash/Female Trainer/Gym Leader (Ash/Dawn/Brock)

Votes: 36 32.4%
  • Something different with amount of 3 Ash/Misty/Brock

Votes: 19 17.1%
  • Something different with amount of 4 Ash/May/Max/Brock

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • Something Way different with 5 or more Main Characters

Votes: 13 11.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
I'm not the one who started the Paul and Dawn shipping so don't blame me XD

*Strangles you anyway*

>3>...Don't care. xD

...I could never imagine Dawn saying that, like ever.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
....i am so sigging this. If this happened i would be in tears from laughter d8
the second traitor of this thread.

Must god die in a hole now.

Kaythaxbai. ;_______;

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Ash/Female Trainer/Gym Leader (Ash/Dawn/Brock)

Ash, New Girl (who wants to be a pokemon proffssor or something), and Cilan.

Maybe she can be shy and quite while Cilan is extreme and happy. So they can still clash like Iris' nature side and Cilan's science side.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
I feel like its about time Ash started traveling on his own now. The Trio thing has been done to death and I can't see Ash traveling with only a female without a huge emphasis on romance being made.

Besides, he's been through 5 regions at this point. If he can't take care of himself by now, then something is seriously wrong with him. It made sense in Kanto and to an extent Johto as well for him to have Brock and Misty follow him since he was rather inexperienced. But when Hoenn came around, I felt it was time to go it alone, and for a few minutes, I thought that was actually going to happen. But like always, its only teased until the new girl meets up with him. Pretty much every region starts off with him going it on his own, only for the new girl to show up and follow him and Brock (Or in BW's case, Cilan) baby him and make sure he doesn't attempt to do anything to take care of himself on his own.

Besides, why even include these "Main characters" if they don't do much of anything other than be Ash's cheering section when it comes to important battles for him? At least Dawn didn't just waste away on screen for 100+ episodes. She actually was a huge player in DP as was as much as a main character as Ash. If they go with the "Dynamic Duo" again and have the main girl share the screentime with Ash and have her be equally as important, then I'm all for it. If not, then have him travel alone. Trio's have gotten old and ineffective, and 4 people just becomes too much at one point, even if they all have individual goals.

This is Pokemon, what makes you think they can have 4 main characters and give them each equal focus with their own set of Pokemon and do it effectively?

But like every other idea I had had in terms of the anime, its not going to happen

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I feel like its about time Ash started traveling on his own now. The Trio thing has been done to death and I can't see Ash traveling with only a female without a huge emphasis on romance being made.

Besides, he's been through 5 regions at this point. If he can't take care of himself by now, then something is seriously wrong with him. It made sense in Kanto and to an extent Johto as well for him to have Brock and Misty follow him since he was rather inexperienced. But when Hoenn came around, I felt it was time to go it alone, and for a few minutes, I thought that was actually going to happen. But like always, its only teased until the new girl meets up with him. Pretty much every region starts off with him going it on his own, only for the new girl to show up and follow him and Brock (Or in BW's case, Cilan) baby him and make sure he doesn't attempt to do anything to take care of himself on his own.

Besides, why even include these "Main characters" if they don't do much of anything other than be Ash's cheering section when it comes to important battles for him? At least Dawn didn't just waste away on screen for 100+ episodes. She actually was a huge player in DP as was as much as a main character as Ash. If they go with the "Dynamic Duo" again and have the main girl share the screentime with Ash and have her be equally as important, then I'm all for it. If not, then have him travel alone. Trio's have gotten old and ineffective, and 4 people just becomes too much at one point, even if they all have individual goals.

This is Pokemon, what makes you think they can have 4 main characters and give them each equal focus with their own set of Pokemon and do it effectively?

But like every other idea I had had in terms of the anime, its not going to happen

Ash being alone would be boring

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I want something different this time.

Personally, with all the recurring characters we'll likely have I'd like to see what they could do with just Ash and Female Companion. The third wheel isn't always there. When they are it's a recurring character who travels with them for an arch before leaving.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Care to elaborate why?

Would not fit his persona at all. Kid is to social to travel alone.

Ash and the new girl as a due would be fine

Like be a mentor

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Care to elaborate why?

Because he wouldn't have many other characters to interact with. Yes, there are COTDs, but those attachments won't be permanent and would amount to nothing in the end. If the anime's done anything right, it's that the characters he's traveled with do end up forming a tight bond with the kid and it's actually developed well, for the most part. Besides, from an advertising stand point, it'd be tough to do so with just him.

Personally, with all the recurring characters we'll likely have I'd like to see what they could do with just Ash and Female Companion. The third wheel isn't always there. When they are it's a recurring character who travels with them for an arch before leaving.

I'm with you this, An00bis. I think Ash and a female companion could work really well. Yes, there will be inevitable shippings of those 2 but isn't it inevitable that people will ship Ash with the main girl from each region whether we are looking at a duo, trio, or 4 people together? This would be a really unique twist. Although I don't want Gina to punch me so I will say that Cilan should be there as well XD

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Character wise, any interactions that Ash needs can be easily achieved through COTD's. It's what Pokemon hangs its hat on since the beginning. Pretty much every episode involves Ash helping any random person that just so happens to need help. Without taveling companions, the episode structures would very much be the same, just minus two other characters.

pokechamp95

kanto champion
Yes I would like to see Ash travel alone only for a couple of episodes then meets the new female companion and they travel as a duo I don't doubt the writers I could see them making it work and as for Trio its been used so muchthat i'd like something new but I wouldn't disapprove another Trio and a 4 person group with atleast one of them having 6+ pokemon and the rest having between 3-6 pokemon the writers can barley even out screen time now and a 5 person group dont get me started >.>

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Character wise, any interactions that Ash needs can be easily achieved through COTD's. It's what Pokemon hangs its hat on since the beginning. Pretty much every episode involves Ash helping any random person that just so happens to need help. Without taveling companions, the episode structures would very much be the same, just minus two other characters.

And that would get old very fast. Because people would want him to form relationships with others. Also, for people who don't like Ash or prefer other characters, they won't have anyone else to identify with or enjoy as much. It just wouldn't work out. It'd be even tougher for the show to stay fresh.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro

Just like when Bianca appeared every now and then? The narrator seemed to define that Bianca was part of the gang, but during the times she actually appears.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
this would of been perfectly fine as an idea if some people just weren't so sick of ash. lol If this was a done in the third region then it would of been fine...but since the pattern has been established, its hard to break and atcually be interesting.

(To be interesting they have to play with other character stereotypes and such. Make the anime flair because Ash by himself is just there. lol

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Yes I would like to see Ash travel alone only for a couple of episodes then meets the new female companion and they travel as a duo I don't doubt the writers I could see them making it work and as for Trio its been used so muchthat i'd like something new but I wouldn't disapprove another Trio and a 4 person group with atleast one of them having 6+ pokemon and the rest having between 3-6 pokemon the writers can barley even out screen time now and a 5 person group dont get me started >.>

I'm not sure how well a mere duo would work out. With just one person to interact with, it's possible the show would get stale after a while, at least depending on how the two get along. I think a group dynamic with three or four can do wonders. As for a four person group, they could very well balance out a group with 3 to 6 Pokemon, including Ash's... Of course, yeah, the writers might end up giving someone the shaft which would suck. I'm hoping (although expectations are low) that they can do things right since BW had a great group dynamic.

Status
Not open for further replies.