• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What type of cast chemestry would you like for the XY Anime!

What type of Cast type do you wish for the next saga?

• Ash/Female Gym Leader/Male Gym Leader (Ash/Misty/Brock, Ash/Iris/Cilan)

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Ash/Female Trianer/Young Brother of F. Trainer/Young adult/ (Ash/May/Max/Brock)

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Ash/Female Trainer/Gym Leader (Ash/Dawn/Brock)

Votes: 36 32.4%
  • Something different with amount of 3 Ash/Misty/Brock

Votes: 19 17.1%
  • Something different with amount of 4 Ash/May/Max/Brock

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • Something Way different with 5 or more Main Characters

Votes: 13 11.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
She meshed pretty bad with Takeshi and Satoshi.

She did better with Iris and Dent because of the quality of their characters.
....-.-...

Okay for the last time.

She didn't mesh well in viewer enjoyment...

But I can damn well tell you that Dawn Ash and Brock are probably the closest group in the entire series. >_>

2 energetic people + one wise guy isn't that bad. In fact I thought they were quite good. They're just boring after while to us.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
....-.-...

Okay for the last time.

She didn't mesh well in viewer enjoyment...

But I can damn well tell you that Dawn Ash and Brock are probably the closest group in the entire series. >_>

2 energetic people + one wise guy isn't that bad. In fact I thought they were quite good. They're just boring after while to us.

Well, I felt that in terms of 'being close' the award would go to Ash, May, Brock, Max. I felt that their group went through the most emotional growth, although I'm counting the movies that had that group as well. In second place, I'd say Ash, Misty, Brock were pretty tightly knit. Their send-off is still one of my favorites.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
No, not Cilan. Both Iris and Cilan annoyed the **** out of me. Please two new characters or let Brock come back. He was awesome. And if I had my way: No Ash either. Start with a clean sheet. A new trainer. That Monomo girl or something from the N episode

Brock was just as painfull. So new people is probably better for everyone.

She meshed pretty bad with Takeshi and Satoshi.

She interacted pretty well with Ash. Like I said, Brock was what was painfull.

She did better with Iris and Dent because of the quality of their characters.

It all depends on how you view the way any of the characters in Best Wishes were treated.

Since trios are overdone and group of four was done in AG, what about just two this time around. Ash + Female Trainer? If that happens, I think the amount of shippers would skyrocket though.

I don't see what is wrong with just two. If people ship then it's probably becuase they are childish with nothing better to think of between just two ten year olds. But if that were to happen, it would be cool because they would both have a useful goal where the writers can work with and not have a secondary useless boy do little to nothing but dumb gags all the time.

pokechamp95

kanto champion
Adding on from from my previous post I still think they could pull off a duo like try it out for a bit and if the ratings are down and I mean a lot then insert Cilan or new guy and I still think a group of 4 with all of them having pokemon is a bad idea short term like 3- 9 episodes is fine but in long term atleast one if not two people will get screwed over in screen time and development so I'm still going with duo as main choice

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
I don't see what is wrong with just two. If people ship then it's probably becuase they are childish with nothing better to think of between just two ten year olds. But if that were to happen, it would be cool because they would both have a useful goal where the writers can work with and not have a secondary useless boy do little to nothing but dumb gags all the time.

Meh. Trios work better in this setting. There's more chemistry to juggle with. I liked most of the group dynamics in the past, although Brock was dead weight for most of it. Regardless, I feel that a duo or Ash going solo would be too much of a change for the writers/viewers. They'd have to be pretty creative to pull that off, which they could be if they actually tried, but meh.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I don't care about whether they add a second boy or a fourth person in the group, just give them something to do than to be a piece of cardboard.

pokechamp95

kanto champion
Caseydia said:
don't care about whether they add a second boy or a fourth person in the group, just give them something to do than to be a piece of cardboard.
Yes they need more emotion then just travelling and being happy they need people to actual feel for the characters and make them have actual problems so people can try and relate now don't quote me on thi but thats why people liked avatar the last air bender because they had emotion and actual problems now I know it's a kids show but they could atleast try a little

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Yes they need more emotion then just travelling and being happy they need people to actual feel for the characters and make them have actual problems so people can try and relate now don't quote me on thi but thats why people liked avatar the last air bender because they had emotion and actual problems now I know it's a kids show but they could atleast try a little

It would be nice for the whole cast to all be the same age instead of one boy being too old or young in the group. It makes the group feel boring to me that way.

Soda Pop

I hope at least one of Iris or Cilan sticks around. Replacing two main characters for two generations in a row seems too drastic a change. Plus I'd love for both Ash and one of the other current co-stars to go and explore a new region together.

FlyAsADunsparce

I voted for 'Ash/Female Trainer/Gym Leader (Ash/Dawn/Brock)' because I really liked that Dawn (and also May) had her own specific goal. I feel like Cilan's and Iris's goals are way too vague and unspecific in terms of how to reach it since there's no contests or things to collect such as gym badges/ribbons. In return we got the tournaments, but they felt really forced and pointless in my opinion. No one was making any progression in reaching their respective goals with it, unlike Gym Battles or Contests.

Plus I really enjoyed the Grand Festivals and the Contests battles. In Hoenn and Sinnoh the focus was not only on Ash battling and collecting gym badges, but also on May/Dawn battling and collecting Ribbons. It keeps it all from getting stale and repetitive. So I really hope that in the XY-anime we get either contests or something similar, so that Ash's companion can get a goal where he/she has to collect things and enter competitions.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon

Well, characters don't need to have 'problems' to be relatable and show emotion. Pokemon's franchise has never really been about drama. However, the show could use a tightened plot and more action/peril. The characters could reflect that nicely if they had a more serious plot going on. Seems like they wanted to do that throughout BW with Team Rocket vs Team Plasma, but that got the kibosh put on it.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Well, I felt that in terms of 'being close' the award would go to Ash, May, Brock, Max. I felt that their group went through the most emotional growth, although I'm counting the movies that had that group as well. In second place, I'd say Ash, Misty, Brock were pretty tightly knit. Their send-off is still one of my favorites.
I feel ash and may...respect each other more in that sense. She gave ash presents, and while that's nice, its also a little formal. And Dawn then goes and plays a small prank and tease on him in best wishes. Plus all of the strategies they share and their general enthusiasm... I just see them as closer. Brock's about even all around, though he does seem more like a father or someone just kind of watching over them...But isn't that being close too?

D/P's leave was pretty emotional too...I just in general thought that Dawn ash and Brock, while not inseparable, kind of felt like they were the ones that knew each other best.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
I feel ash and may...respect each other more in that sense. She gave ash presents, and while that's nice, its also a little formal. And Dawn then goes and plays a small prank and tease on him in best wishes. Plus all of the strategies they share and their general enthusiasm... I just see them as closer. Brock's about even all around, though he does seem more like a father or someone just kind of watching over them...But isn't that being close too?

D/P's leave was pretty emotional too...I just in general thought that Dawn ash and Brock, while not inseparable, kind of felt like they were the ones that knew each other best.

In regards to Brock, I thought he interacted a tad more with May than Dawn, but he wasn't particularly close to either of them (or Max). There's not too much depth to the characters and their relationships in the anime, but I guess for what it is, each group had a 'thing' going. I just felt that the time May and Max spent with Ash and Brock had a slight more attachment to each other than most of the others.

Pyrotechnet

Aviator Guy
I would personally be up for another group of 4. I didn't like Max terribly because he was so young all he did was randomly befriend Pokemon, but he was intelligent.

I could go for something along the lines of:

Ash, female trainer from trailer, a brand new male trainer not necessarily related to the game who IS NOT a babysitter, and a wildcard (Brock/Cilan type person, or as some previous posters mentioned, a Rival within the group)
For example, when we had Bianca travel with the group. It was kind of fun. Not my ideal cast, but I liked it.

I feel like starting over everything in Unova may give them the ability to do more with Gen VI anime and not stir up an angry mob.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Maybe we could have two girls travel with Ash through the next region. In a group of four, they can add in another guy, but in a trio they could just have two girls-one guy.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Maybe Ash, new girl, and Dawn? XD
man, shuuush. You'll get my hopes up about something awesome (And totally biased. /killed) xD
In regards to Brock, I thought he interacted a tad more with May than Dawn, but he wasn't particularly close to either of them (or Max). There's not too much depth to the characters and their relationships in the anime, but I guess for what it is, each group had a 'thing' going. I just felt that the time May and Max spent with Ash and Brock had a slight more attachment to each other than most of the others.
hmmm...I dunno. I'm not gonna look back and compare the entirety of DP and AG to figure out who he interacted more with though. lol

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
man, shuuush. You'll get my hopes up about something awesome (And totally biased. /killed) xD

hmmm...I dunno. I'm not gonna look back and compare the entirety of DP and AG to figure out who he interacted more with though. lol

Heheheh, yeah. I just pay very close attention to these sorts of things. I think the weakest link in both of those groups were Brock. He just didn't bond as much with the other kids. Even when Misty was around, he only paired off with her during Kanto. They didn't do TOO much together in Johto either.

PokeMaster366

I'm going to wager money that Cilan is going to come back under the excuse of Connoisseur business. He got a call from the Master Connoisseur Agency HQ in the Pokemon vesion of France.

This would be a half-decent excuse, but knowing the writers, they'll just throw him in there with the Brock treatment included.

Status
Not open for further replies.