• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What type of player are you?

DryBones

Event Collector
Which category would you fit into?

Trainer (Focuses on Competive battles and relies on some strategic breeding to get the right Pokémon) ;444;

Breeder (Focuses solely on the breeding stage of creating the 'perfect' Pokémon.) ;328;

Co-Ordinator (Focuses on the aesthetics of a Pokémon and its appearance. Enjoys contests and competitions etc) ;136;

Collector (Focuses on collecting certain types of Pokemon. Whether it be shiny Pokemon, all the unown or Event pokemon, battling stats arent important to collectors) ;201-m;

Other (Doesnt focus on any particular aspect and enjoys trying a bit of everything) ;412;

I'm a dedicated collector. I used to collect shiny Pokemon, got bored, moved onto Event Pokemon and now im near the '600 event pokemon' milestone.

Share your thoughts~

I don't really focus on competitive battling, but I do breed certain Pokemon to have specific natures to help me out in the Battle Frontier. I don't try to make my Pokemon perfect, and I never use any stuff like Carbos and Zinc to make them stronger, although I should. So far my teams have gotten me all the Silver Symbols, but I want some gold ones now lol. I think I fit least in to the Breeder category, since I only breed Pokemon to hatch a shiny or get a new team member for the frontier. I enjoy contests but only try them out when I want some of my favorite Pokemon painted in the museum, or to get my trainer card up a rank. I like the glass ornament, but I usually don't have any room to put it in my secret base. I have the Pokedex completed in my Gold, Ruby and Emerald versions, as I wanted a Cyndaquil in my Emerald, a Gold trainer card in my Ruby and just wanted to know what would happen in my Gold. Other than that I'm not much of a collector of certain Pokemon at all; just when I get inspired to hunt for a shiny.

Sapphiredragon929

A r t i f i c e.
I'm an other, I capture, breed, coordinate, and collect.

IcyKerpymon

Lan challenges you!
I think I'm kind of Co-ordinator mixed with Trainer.
I train pokémon that look good but I don't like contests. I think if I lived in the pokémon world I'd be kind of like Wallace who shows off his pokémon and battles as the League Champion.
I do like contests as in the Anime but the game ruins them...
Anyway, I do care for EVs, Natures, IVs, ... but I don't really use to competitive fight at all.

In Crystal I had a complete dex, I was a collector
In Ruby I was always looking for Shiny Pokémon, I got a Treecko, Trapinch, Staryu, Numel, Grimer...
In Emerald I tried to beat the battle frontier but couldn't get the Gold Symbols at Battle Tower, Battle Dome and Battle Pyramid.
In Diamond I started training pokémon for their looks
In Leafgreen I used to make Mono-Type Teams
And in Platinum I'll be trying to mix these all. I'll try to get lots of Shiny, good looking pokémon with stats able to beat the Battle Frontier.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
I'm a little bit of everything, but mainly a trainer (although I don't battle competitively) and a coordinator (as crazy as this sounds, I prefer the game contests to the anime ones)

treespyro

Vintage much?
A little of everything but more towards Co-Ordinator but not much

Aqueus

mix between trainer and breeder.never cared too much for contests.collection is a definite possibility in the future

Dig-kun

Well, I'm a Trainer, Breeder and Collector
I focus on competitive battles
Breed fo the competitive and cuz I like it
And collect shinies (not obssessively), and collected all pokémon
^^

Stil gon' be a coordinator
Cuz I gotta have the 5 stars
=D

But I'm lazy
=P

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
trainer focused on iv...hate contest..only did them to get a star on my trainer card.

.:NobleArcanine:.

Thoroughly Wicked
I am most definitely a Breeder. I love the egg moves (Bagon with Hydro pump, how awesome!), and I would err on the side of over 2/3 of my gameplay time was devoted solely to breeding and bicycling up and down Solaceon in Diamond. It's that thrill of, "Will this egg be the one that I want?" But, sure, I'll raise my "Perfect Pokemon" that were *FINALLY* hatched, but I don't think that's just as much fun.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Trainer (Focuses on Competive battles and relies on some strategic breeding to get the right Pokémon)

Yes, I have beaten every game to date (R/B/Y/G/S/R/S/E/D/P) and will destroy Platinum when it comes my way.

Breeder (Focuses solely on the breeding stage of creating the 'perfect' Pokémon.)

Yes, recently got good at IV breeding, and love to breed for random egg-moves

Co-Ordinator (Focuses on the aesthetics of a Pokémon and its appearance. Enjoys contests and competitions etc)

Yes, I recently started to dabble in contests.

Collector (Focuses on collecting certain types of Pokemon. Whether it be shiny Pokemon, all the unown or Event pokemon, battling stats arent important to collectors)

My LeafGreen file currently has 380/386, all I need it Latias, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Mew, and Deoxys. My current Pearl file is in the works, with 300+/400+.