• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What type of Pokémon gamer are you?

Are you a competitive or a casual Pokémon trainer?

• Competitive.

Votes: 54 35.3%
  • Casual.

Votes: 99 64.7%

• Total voters

Zalman

Master of Puppets
What type of Pokémon gamer are you?

Are you competitive or casual?

I've been competitive since the end of RSE, and I must say I love it. I was about to quit Pokémon until I found out how strategic the game can be. Not saying that casual players suck or anything, cause I think it's perfectly fine being casual. I just want to know how many other competitive players there are on this site. :)

Peace.

maxim565

Absolute Defender
Well, I have to say im a competitive player. But sometimes, I got bored and stop playing Pokemon for a month. But if my Pokemon spirit (?) is back, I cant stop playing it!

Wait.. does that count as a competitive player? Or am I a casual player?
Im not that a real Pokemaniac that knows really detail about Pokemon like a Pokedex.

Lucazard

Spoof Man™
I'm a competitive player, as in the main story line, I just use damaging moves.
As I've plaayed every region before I'm no casual Pokemon Gamer.

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
I'm casual, not giving a speck over how my EVs would lay out. At least, until I finish the game once. Planning to collect shinies (/Pokemon trophies) in the future, but nothing competitive.

bigguy99

SS+Cyndaquil=PwN!
Casual all the way. Trying to specifically EV-train any Pokemon is hard, even after the E4. Playing Pokemon should be fun, and I don't think, personally, that running around, training/breeding a Pokemon to be perfect is very much fun. Playing is fun. So, I play.
;123;

80's Rocker

Fire Tamer
both, I ev train and can get competative, but I really only battle my neighbors, and on PBR, not too much of go out get a fc and battle. Plus I use alot of my favorites in battle becuase I have alot more fun than if I use only OU's. So i guess I battle
competatively-causal

Casimir

Good boy.
I casually play when I'm playing through the game, but afterwords I constantly EV train and get EV'ed pokemon to level 100. Then hit random battle on BR.
At the least it usually a day or less EV Training and getting a pokemon to level 100 granted I feel like spending my free time on it.

I love it.
I've got several boxes of stored away level 100 EV'ed pokemon in my pearl version. It's like the arsenal in Men in Black, I can just go through and choose what guys I want to rock on BR that day. :)

Spncrbrrtt

O BLOCK
I'm casual, but I want to make them better then my friends'.

Mimori Kiryu

I"m definitely casual. I've never EV or IV trained my pokemon. I do give them Carbos and the like, but never so dedicated as to soft reset for the perfect ability or anything. I take my pokemon as they are and go through the game. :3

Jasho

Casual, I guess. I don't have Wi-Fi and I don't bother getting it.
I have PBR but I don't have anyone to battle.
The only time I am making a team is when a friend wants to battle me.
I don't usually care about Natures and EVs/IVs.
Isn't that pretty much what casual is?

Casual all the way. Trying to specifically EV-train any Pokemon is hard, even after the E4. Playing Pokemon should be fun, and I don't think, personally, that running around, training/breeding a Pokemon to be perfect is very much fun. Playing is fun. So, I play.
;123;
EV training isn't too hard, especially if your pokemon have pokerus, it only takes me about an hour to fully EV train a pokemon, the hardest part is finding a pokemon with the right nature and IVs, which takes 6-7 hours, however, you can still win competitively without the ideal IVs EV training is the only thing that is really necessary.

ChedWick

I'm a little of both. While I don't care for perfect IV's and every Pokemon to have maxed out EV's I do breed for natures. Excluding my competitive the only EV's I worry about are those I can obtain from vitamins such as protein and carbos.

Crystal Firestorm

I guess I'm a casual player, because I'm not into competitive battling or EVs and IVs and stuff. I sometimes look up what natures do what, but I wouldn't get rid of one of my in game team if theirs was bad. I've played most of the games anyway, and doing it my way (just figuring out a balanced team to beat the game with then use the same pokemon to do the post E4 stuff) is fun for me. :)

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Competitive. I recently got into competitive battling, and I have been doing the Battle Frontier(s) for a while, as I started EV training/IV breeding about a year ago.