• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What type of Pokémon gamer are you?

Are you a competitive or a casual Pokémon trainer?

• Competitive.

Votes: 54 35.3%
  • Casual.

Votes: 99 64.7%

• Total voters

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
Both. I enjoy making up a team with a great strategy and battling, but I don't exactly fit in the "competitive" group.

shiney mew

Marsh Trainer
I'm kinda stuck miserably in the middle. EVs, I don't mind too much, if I've got Pokerus and Macho Brace/Power items (which I don't on Platinum), but natures, I'm not gonna spend too much time trying to get, for example, an Adamant Garchomp. I'm fine with neutral natures. IVs... I'm just tired of those now, aside from Mystery Gift Pokemon (it makes getting those interesting). I'd rather just train my Pokemon without having to rely on stuff like IV calculators all the friggin' time. I usually lose battles with people anyway, out of the rare times I actually even battle anyone.

Rainy_Day

Swimmer
I didn't vote, because I can't say I'm either. I definitely do the competitive stuff (effort training, going for a good nature, etc.), but at the same time, I like just training Pokemon and using them in-game. I used to be huge into competitive metagame battling, but it got really boring for me and I gave it up. So I'm still competitive now, but I'm casual at the same time.

FinalJecht01

Dance of The Cherrim
welll i like cute cuddly pokemon just because its humiliating to lose to hem but most of them are way too weak so im competitive
I ev Train like crazy and keep hatchin eggs to get right nature and ability
Vaporeon lvl 100
hp= 464
sp.atak= 350
Omastar
Def= 383
Porygon-Z
Sp.atak= 405
well i can go on and on
Blissey
hp=700 and somethin forgot
yeh i some times play around with weak pokemon and Toxic\sleep,confuse\leech seed, then i raise def or sp def and just watch them FAIL!!!!
lol

Raykon

Go Pokeball !
I don't really understand this or how I can tell what one I am but I would say Casual, But once I get Wi-Fi I will be serious about the game, for now I will just go slow through the game and enjoy the journey.

Satoshi 91

Casual, as I don't go online with Lv 100 EV trained Pokemon, although in the run-up to Platinum I have been breeding Pokemon with the right natures and stuff

Sakura_Paine

+Dark_Warrior+
when i start the game im casual, but after EVERYTHING is done im pretty much competitive

TSL

Mischievous.
I'm taking the middle way here. I care about effort values and natures and love training to 100 with kick *** move sets but I do it mainly for collective purposes and battling with friends, and battle tower. But I'm also not insanely hardcore, as in, if I have a shiny that's a bad nature I'm not going to forget about it. I don't actually battle competitively, one thing that repels me from that is how seriously people take it...like I don't know...laughing and insulting a guy that puts surf on a Gyrados or something...

Vaco

I'm probably casual. I like reading about competitive battling, and I like thinking about what pokemon I would use if I did get into it, but I'm too lazy to EV Train and the like.

marto_motoko

Steel Trainer
I'm a casual gamer, hoping to eventually become competitive.

Then again, I'm guessing the chances of that are slim, since I mainly only use favourite pokemon, and never really the recommended ones. Steel team isn't bad or anything, just has a few gaping holes that can be tough to fill in.

Narshen

Rocket Grunt
I started out playing casually, became more serious about the game some time in the R/S era(I know it was before FR/LG came out), and now I'm starting to become more casual again. After five years of breeding and EV training, I'm tired of it. Seeing as how I don't battle on Wifi, and have plenty of things to take on ingame challenges like the Battle Tower, I just don't see a point anymore. All it ever did was make Pokemon stressful for me, and if a game is stressful, you know there's something wrong.

If I ever play competitive Pokemon again, it will be on simulators only. It's too bad Shoddy sucks(DP's metagame isn't exactly helping anything either), and Netbattle probably isn't very popular anymore.

coolespeon

I dont know.
totally competitive!!! I like to get my pokemon at the best as possible by my self, and beat the game the most quick as possible and do my best in every game, and EV train my pokemon.

ayeeprill

Shorts Boy- my hero!
I used to be competitive, but now i'm casual.

I got bored with competitive battling.

I'd have to say that I am a casual battler who likes to iv breed in my spare time. Pretty much I just raise one competitive pokemon at a time, but it takes so long for me to do that so I don't have much competitive battling experience.

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
I'm casual. EV training is annoying and boring. But I like to battle my friends on occasion.