• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What type of Pokémon gamer are you?

Are you a competitive or a casual Pokémon trainer?

• Competitive.

Votes: 54 35.3%
  • Casual.

Votes: 99 64.7%

• Total voters

SHADOW DRAGON

Latios, don't go!!
Since I don't have wifi, i'm a casual. But I'm starting try my hand with EV training and I will always make sure that my pokemon has a good nature.

Beotium

Mew-Overlord
I recently got the WiFi Connection running but until now I haven't tried a battle..It's just a little bit hard to find 6 Pokes that can team up and then ev train them..I don't want a everyones-standard-team so I try using faves..I just can't end the ev-training with all of them..

Eaglehawk

Banned
I can't really say I'm competitive nor casual, therefore I'm just an in-betweener.

RifleAvenger

See you starside
I play both sides of the spectrum, I keep competitive teams (not very good ones) and my old favorites. I enjoy battling online, but the Game itself still has meaning to me, and I still feel an attachment to my pokemon. I'd lean more at casual, citing my inexperience in the competitive world.

bostonstyxboy

Music Man
I'm quite like you, Zalman. I was very casual until recently. I wouldn't necessarily say that I'm not casual now, but I'm more competitive-oriented. It just adds more to the game.

MustGetPlatinum

I'm more in between, but lean more to the casual. I don't EV train and I can't tell one tier from another, but I'm pretty strategic overall.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
I don't really know. I would say competitive but I dislike battling other people and I play and focus on Pokemon more then a casual player.

Carbon

What is this I don't
I'm an event collector...

I can see it now...

Hundreds apon hundreds of rows of cylindrical tanks.

Out of the shadows draws an odd shape of a man.

"Eheh...as you may well be aware of...I collect, EVENTS!"

Light fills the gigantic room. Inside the tanks swirl colors of marvelous fluid.

"Each tank contains a specific moment in time, each one occuring as soon as a certain pokemon is released." "Why would I collect these precious treasures you ask?"

"Because. I. CAN."

H3R0

LordHotstuff
Ive Been Casual Until D/P Came Out, And With Its WiFi Abilities, I Moved Into Competitive...Which Is Pretty Fun

TrainerCasey

~Johto Fanatic~
Ive always been a competative battler. I hate losing so I always train constantly and buy and find items that I can use to create new strategies.

As for being casual. I collect some pokemon and never use them unless I notice a nice nature or moveset that I can use for contests. Thats a different story. =)

growlithe_master

<-- Ain't it cute?
im extremely casual, due to the fact that if i was competitive, ID SUCK!!!! i dont have the patience to breed for natures or EV train. which is why id never post a rate my team, cause if someone were to suggest a different nature, id go crazy telling them i dont have that kind of patience. nearly all my movesets repeat a type, and i dont have one designated HM slave: my main team all know HMs so i fight with a pokemon knowing rock smash. the point is, im way too bad to be competitive.

I'm basically a casual Pokemon gamer. I like EV training (in most cases) during the game and to battle friends, but I must admit I prefer using my favorites more than simply going full-bore into being competitive

Kujo1229

*munch*
I'm somewhere in between. I've recently started EV Training but I still use my favourites. Right now I'm working on a Golduck team. I bred seven Psyduck, and only one was a reject. ;054; So I'm not so competetive that I'll only use the "best" Pokémon. I also grow very attached to them, and even my reject gets love. I also have a lot of fun playing Online.

mewfanforlife

I'm mostly casual. I EV some of the time and sometimes breed enough to get the right nature, but I never do anything for IVs. Additionally, I very rarely have any semblence of a rounded team. I don't use many walls or bulky Pokmeon and mainly make teams of sweepers with somewhat balanced types.