• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What "unexpected" characters do you think will appear in the stadium during the M8 storyline?

Morax

King of heroes
I'm sorry Serena&Dawn fans, but this whole competition shows who Ash real love interest should be. Someone that actually supported him all the time, someone who exclusively dressed himself and his Pokemon to cheer him up, someone who was there in one of his most humiliating defeat and his rise to world champion.

I am talking about Cameron.

bmw9413

I'm sorry Serena fans, but this whole competition shows who Ash real love interest should be. Someone that actually supported him all the time, someone who exclusively dressed herself and her Pokemon to cheer him up, someone who was there in one of his most humiliating defeat and his rise to world champion.

I am talking about Dawn.
Obviously she and May were busy doing a performance, that's why they couldn't be in person.
Brock, Cilan, Misty and Clemont are busy with their gym/doctor duties.
It actually makes sense that Dawn was the only one there because she's the only companion not doing anything with her life. LMAO

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
For me, I was surprised to see Todd Snap make a cameo appearance, and I didn't notice him the first time watching the final.
Moment of silence for the ones who didn't get a cameo in Journeys at all:
  • Kanto
    • Casey
    • Charles Goodshow
  • Orange Islands
    • ima be real idk who's important from here
  • Johto
    • Harrison
    • Liza
    • Lyra
    • Khoury
    • Professor Elm (IRL)
  • Hoenn
    • The whole Battle Frontier + Scott
    • Solana
  • Sinnoh
    • Nando
    • Zoey
    • Kenny
    • Conway
    • Barry
    • Ursula
    • Looker
    • Tobias
    • Angie
    • Professor Rowan (the real one)
  • Unova
    • Burgundy
    • Cameron
    • N
    • Luke
    • Virgil
    • Professor Juniper
  • Kalos
    • Sanpei
Barry: "What d'you mean I didn't cameo in Journeys? Somebody's gonna have to pay a FINE!!!"

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Thanks to the nature of the cameos, Misty is the only friend now that reasonably wouldn't know who Goh or Chloe are. Cilan could have learned about Goh through Brock, who seems to still be in Sinnoh and never really left since the Arceus eps, and May and Max could know of Chloe from Serena; I definitely think the latter happened. And we can surmise Oak has filled Tracey in on Goh as well. The only way Misty would know of them would be through Lana, but I have doubts on that since that would be through indirect correspondence instead of word of mouth like the other 4 would get.

Was it intentional? Maybe - It's convenient that the seiyuu-issue quartet were with someone who can fill them in; May and Max could have been on their own and I wouldn't question it. Would be nice if that's a detail that will be followed up on. In a post-PWC, post-character arc world, that has potential for something new.

Last edited:

DayQuil95

The **** is a Cameron?
It’s a Pokeanime legend. Cameron was a rival of the BW anime, so powerful and so wise he could use the Plot to influence the Pokemon to win a 5v6 against the protagonist… He had such a knowledge of bad writing that he could even keep the Pokemon he cared about from fainting.
The bad side of the Plot is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his relevancy as a dream crusher, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice became world champion in his place. Ironic. He could save others from irrelevancy, but not himself.

Spyro39

Thanks to the nature of the cameos, Misty is the only friend now that reasonably wouldn't know who Goh or Chloe are. Cilan could have learned about Goh through Brock, who seems to still be in Sinnoh and never really left since the Arceus eps, and May and Max could know of Chloe from Serena; I definitely think the latter happened. And we can surmise Oak has filled Tracey in on Goh as well. The only way Misty would know of them would be through Lana, but I have doubts on that since that would be through indirect correspondence instead of word of mouth like the other 4 would get.

Was it intentional? Maybe - It's convenient that the seiyuu-issue quartet were with someone who can fill them in; May and Max could have been on their own and I wouldn't question it. Would be nice if that's a detail that will be followed up on. In a post-PWC, post-character arc world, that has potential for something new.
I would also add Iris not knowing who Chloe is since they never met once. And since she was alone in Unova while watching the finals, there was no one to let her know about Chloe.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I would also add Iris not knowing who Chloe is since they never met once. And since she was alone in Unova while watching the finals, there was no one to let her know about Chloe.

But she at least met Goh, which is what I meant.

Everyone else has met or potentially gotten to know of Goh. Some of them have met Chloe on top of that; as it pertains to the Coordinators and Max, she'd be known of moreso even. Misty meanwhile has met or known of neither, and her cameo reinforces that idea, so she's the odd one out.

Sceptilee

I'm sorry Serena fans, but this whole competition shows who Ash real love interest should be. Someone that actually supported him all the time, someone who exclusively dressed herself and her Pokemon to cheer him up, someone who was there in one of his most humiliating defeat and his rise to world champion.

I am talking about Dawn.
Let's not forget that she dumped a guy who she had known her whole life just to cheer Ash on in the Sinnoh League! RIP Kenny

But seriously, Ash and Dawn's friendship was really well done. No romantic undertones, just two friends who were similar in nature and supported each other at their lowest moments. Also helped that Dawn had a clear goal from the start which helped her hold her own along with Ash rather than simply being along for the ride. Not that there's anything wrong with self-discovery or having a vague goal, Dawn just shared more of the spotlight. And her arc where she fails multiple times, breaks down and loses her confidence was well done.

The real answer is probably BDSP because the others really should have been there too but I'm glad she was there regardless, would have been awful if literally none of Ash's past companions were there. Shout out to Team Rocket as well.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Moment of silence for the ones who didn't get a cameo in Journeys at all:
  • Kanto
    • Casey
    • Charles Goodshow
  • Orange Islands
    • ima be real idk who's important from here
  • Johto
    • Harrison
    • Liza
    • Lyra
    • Khoury
    • Professor Elm (IRL)
  • Hoenn
    • The whole Battle Frontier + Scott
    • Solana
  • Sinnoh
    • Nando
    • Zoey
    • Kenny
    • Conway
    • Barry
    • Ursula
    • Looker
    • Tobias
    • Angie
    • Professor Rowan (the real one)
  • Unova
    • Burgundy
    • Cameron
    • N
    • Luke
    • Virgil
    • Professor Juniper
  • Kalos
    • Sanpei
As much as it would have been fun to see all these old faces back again as well, I really think that once you get the list going its just gonna be endless
So that's why I'm glad they covered the cameos of the MAJOR ones who definitely should have appeared, even if people like these got left behind
The protagonists of Legends of Thunder, Ritchie, Stephan Bianca Trip and Alder, Sawyer Trevor Tierno Shauna, all the old Pokemon, Delia, Oak, all the companions, Alexa, Gladion and the Alola fam, Alain and Mairin, Paul and Reggie, rest of Masters 8 and the major PWC opponents, even freaking Todd Snap
All of these making an appearance is really nice. The only ones that felt like very gratitous fanservice and felt really nice tbh were the Hoenn cameos galore, they legit went too deep into it, even featuring CoTDs, most likely making up for the lack of AG fanservice due to the May/Max issue

The only cameo I feel was major and it not being featured is kinda weird is Visquez and Lt. Surge, esp Visquez. She was Ash's first opponent in the PWC, why wasn't she there??

bmw9413

Nevertheless, it was an awesome finale to the tournament and all the cameos, especially Pikachu envisioning ALL of Ash's previous gen Pokemon (even the released ones) had me sobbing uncontrollably. Never realized how much I miss the previous seasons.