• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What "unexpected" characters do you think will appear in the stadium during the M8 storyline?

DuskAstral

I think it will be Misty, Cilan and some Gym Leaders from Galar (the ones we haven't seen).

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
People in close proximity towards the main characters.

So while they might not be directly in the stadium… likely some are streaming it like Lillie?

Anyway basically people in close proximity with the competitors characters so ideally

All of the companions especially Dawn because she knows Cynthia, Ash and Iris personally, May (she needs it), Serena since she said she’d be cheering Ash on, Alola gang confirmed they watch his matches, Cilan and Misty are a must.

Other essentials: Tracey Drayden, Delia, Paul, Gary, Mairin etc

Red and Blue

All of them.
Pretty much. This is arguably his most important tournament so far so it makes sense to have every single companion and other friend he has made from Gen 1-8 in the stadium cheering him on.

BobbbidyBob

People in close proximity towards the main characters.

So while they might not be directly in the stadium… likely some are streaming it like Lillie?

Anyway basically people in close proximity with the competitors characters so ideally

All of the companions especially Dawn because she knows Cynthia, Ash and Iris personally, May (she needs it), Serena since she said she’d be cheering Ash on, Alola gang confirmed they watch his matches, Cilan and Misty are a must.

Other essentials: Tracey Drayden, Delia, Paul, Gary, Mairin etc
Arceus has to be in the audience too eating poke corn

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I think besides May/Max everyone should definitely return.
I want May/Max too but I could see it being unlikely, as I'm not too sure right now whether they'll want to give them silent cameos

As for Cilan, I'm iffy. Apparently his VA is too expensive now or something? But i still think he should be there
Every other past companion that's already returned in this series and Misty should definitely be watching even if they aren't in the stands, heck we have Tracey watching as per the preview

Ajy98

I severely doubt Misty is showing up. I do think there might be some victory celebration at Oak's after where Misty/Brock could be there but not during the tournament itself

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
He kind of needs, but in my opinion, if he gets a silent cameo and doesn't interact with Satoshi afterwards, it's going to be bad writing.
But isn't some return, even a silent cameo of her watching/streaming the match, better than nothing if her VA can't return?

Red and Blue

Be cool if they had other trainers Ash battled both in and outside the PWC such as Hoji, Visquez, and Rinto

Ajy98

But isn't some return, even a silent cameo of her watching/streaming the match, better than nothing if her VA can't return?
No, because it doesn't make sense if characters are in the stands but don't interact with Ash.

This isn't like Hau and Guzma being in the Alola battle Royale audience, this would be former companions who haven't seen Ash in a long time. Doesn't make sense for them to watch from afar

Broseph08

Misty, Brock, Tracey, Dawn, Cilan, Serena, Clemont, Bonnie will all be watching the Finals. Calling it now

Galar Gym leaders that didn't show up in JN like Nessa and Melony

Stretch guess: Gen 9 Champion will be in the stands as well

Ajy98

Misty, Brock, Tracey, Dawn, Cilan, Serena, Clemont, Bonnie will all be watching the Finals. Calling it now
From TV, probably. We already see Tracey and Delia and Oak doing it in the preview. I don't see any of them in person.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
No, because it doesn't make sense if characters are in the stands but don't interact with Ash.

This isn't like Hau and Guzma being in the Alola battle Royale audience, this would be former companions who haven't seen Ash in a long time. Doesn't make sense for them to watch from afar
Ok. That's fair. What about having her silent cameo not be in the stands or at the stadium, but a cut to her watching the match from home?

I'm having the same answer as Masdog and Pokegirl Fan: All of them, Do you really have to ask me that question.

so then even, Ash's Friends could watch Ash Ketchum's Battles in PWC on TV.

BobbbidyBob

I think besides May/Max everyone should definitely return.
I want May/Max too but I could see it being unlikely, as I'm not too sure right now whether they'll want to give them silent cameos

As for Cilan, I'm iffy. Apparently his VA is too expensive now or something? But i still think he should be there
Every other past companion that's already returned in this series and Misty should definitely be watching even if they aren't in the stands, heck we have Tracey watching as per the preview
If they could afford Mewtwo, why not Cilan?