• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What "unexpected" characters do you think will appear in the stadium during the M8 storyline?

ShadowForce720

i feel like companions HAVE to at least watch it- if not physically be there

i'd also love a quick montage of all the rivals/league rivals. just to recap ash's journey up to this point

and most importantly, SAMURAI
I wouldn’t be that surprised if especially in Ash’s match against Leon they try to show as many characters as possible watching it, as they can easily just have a lot of characters just be quick silent cameos where we see them watching the match on tv or something of course there could easily be some characters that wind up with a speaking role that will show up in the stands alongside Goh and Hop.

I want all of the companions to show up physically against Leon

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Would love to see Dawn, Brock and Misty watching, would make sense to me to see Dawn and Brock popping up in person as they have connections to many of the characters like Ash, Lance, Cynthia and Iris.

Would love for Misty to be there too so she and Dawn can appear on screen together, something I always wanted since Dawn first appeared.

STICKTOPIA

Would be cool to see Ash's past rivals make an appearance like Harrison, Morrison, Tyson, Sawyer, Bianca etc etc...

I think Gary and Paul will definitely be watching and it makes sense for the companions to watch too. Would love to see especially Brock and Misty watching :). I think we'll also at the very least see Kukui and the pokes along with Lei watching him too.
I just hope you’re not involving Cameron in this lol. I’m sure Serena will be watching and I’m HOPING May will watch too.

I hope Cameron is watching this tournament with his Champions League trophy that Cynthia references in DP. The best rival must reappear.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Not at the stadium, but probably cameos like Manon and Sycamore.

Except for Galar characters, like Bea, Sonya, Raihan and similar. Maybe Paul and Dawn watching Ash vs Steven. Dunno, since voiceless cameos are possible, maybe May’s cameo.

Pretty sure anyone who doesn’t need a voiced appearance can have a cameo.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I find it so weird in the years this anime has been going the writers don’t have Hanako and Satoshi have an in-depth talk with one another about his adventures or at least talk about her a bit more and how she feels about his success. S&M had her visit Alola just for a play of all things and show up at the league, I wish we got at least one episode of Hanako to get a better picture of her character. Shudo did write a bit of info on her in his notes, she was shamed for being a single mother and owned/worked at a popular restaurant? Basically give us what they gave with Kukui/Burnet for his actual biological mother.

The writers didn’t even have Kasumi/Takeshi appear as stills during Alola League. Bringing back each seiyuu sounds like too much a nightmare. I expect S&M characters, Iris, Go, Sakuragi Adult Trio at best, maybe Saito/Kibana/Onion/Shinji/Shigeru. It’s hilarious how Koharu doesn’t give a crap.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I wouldn’t be that surprised if especially in Ash’s match against Leon they try to show as many characters as possible watching it, as they can easily just have a lot of characters just be quick silent cameos where we see them watching the match on tv or something of course there could easily be some characters that wind up with a speaking role that will show up in the stands alongside Goh and Hop.
I don't think that they'll do that unless this is the end of Ash's journey and a new protagonist would take over next saga.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Considering how many characters returned in this series, it is entirely possible that they could bring back as many characters as possible for cameos regardless of whether or not this is Ash’s last series.
It wouldn't make sense to do that if it isn't Ash's last series because they would mean nothing to the audience.

ShadowForce720

It wouldn't make sense to do that if it isn't Ash's last series because they would mean nothing to the audience.
What on earth are you talking about, it would make perfect sense to do it regardless of whether or not this is Ash’s last series considering the amount of returning characters that have shown up.