• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Upcoming Movies Are You Looking Forward To?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
What upcoming movies are you looking forward to? Simple topic.

Looking forward to Dune. If your a huge Star Wars fan, Dune is interesting because one of the major inspirations to Star Wars is Dune which was the Star Wars of books for it's time.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Honestly the only film I'm interested in seeing is Black Widow since I've been eagerly anticipating what they do next in the MCU.

While most people may complain about there not being little to no new releases due to COVID-19 I can say the opposite. I've found being disconnected from the entertainment industry has been been better for my mental health. As I see it I'm not being constantly marketed towards to get excited for the next big thing.

Also I cant find any excitement in the science fiction genre since most of the series have gone downhill. Mainly due to bad storytelling or being an allegory for real world politics. I want to watch a movie to escape the real world, not see the same crap I experience the same stuff but in the future! (Examples being Star Trek, Star Wars, and Doctor Who)

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
I kind of want to see the new 007 movie, No Time to Die. I've actually only seen one 007 movie, Skyfall. I thought it was pretty good but I only saw like the last half of it. I saw the preview though for No Time to Die and now I want to see it. The plot looks really interesting.

As much as I want to, I am honestly not sure if I feel comfortable or even will be able to see this or any movie in a theater. If not, I'll definitely watch it when it comes out to stream / download / dvd.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I know nothing about the Dune franchise other than it has Alaskan Bull Worms, but I'm eager to see the inside of a cinema again and the trailer looked decent, so I'll definitely be seeing Dune. I'm also looking forward to watching Godzilla vs. Kong, because that one's been delayed a couple of times now. While I was looking forward to Jurassic World: Dominion, after catching the last two Jurassic World movies on TV recently and both of them not being as good as I remember, I'm not as excited for Dominion now.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I know nothing about the Dune franchise other than it has Alaskan Bull Worms, but I'm eager to see the inside of a cinema again and the trailer looked decent, so I'll definitely be seeing Dune. I'm also looking forward to watching Godzilla vs. Kong, because that one's been delayed a couple of times now. While I was looking forward to Jurassic World: Dominion, after catching the last two Jurassic World movies on TV recently and both of them not being as good as I remember, I'm not as excited for Dominion now.

Honestly the Jurassic Park/World series has gone so crazy and has such ludicrous science I'm expecting them to genetically create a dragon. How? By combining the genes of dinosaurs, eagles, and hot peppers obviously!

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Since lots of companies are moving some of their blockbusters to streaming services what's everyones opinion? Would prefer to watch them at home or mind going back to the theater once the pandemic is over?

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Since lots of companies are moving some of their blockbusters to streaming services what's everyones opinion? Would prefer to watch them at home or mind going back to the theater once the pandemic is over?
I'm positively itching to go to a cinema again after nearly a year of not having them in my life, and I'm actually not subscribed to any streaming services at the time of writing. I've heard that Warner has received a lot of criticism for dumping all of their 2021 movies onto HBO Max with limited theatrical releases (and such criticism is justified in my opinion), but again at the time of writing, HBO Max is not available in my country, and a cinema near me will be showing Wonder Woman: 1984 from next week. I feel as if I should go to see it, even though I'm not exactly a Wonder Woman fan and I still haven't seen the first movie.
As far as streaming services if I do decide to get one, I still don't know which one to go with. I don't like most Disney movies, Star Wars or the MCU so Disney+ would be wasted on me, I'm not touching Netflix with a ten foot barge pole after the Cuties controversy, and I don't know if other sites like Hulu would have enough on there that I'd be interested in watching.

Missingno.Fan

I honestly rather see movies in theaters. It gets me out of the house, gives me something to do with friends, and I find that there are less distractions. Plus the popcorn is better tasting for some reason.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I dont mind going to the theater since it gets me out of the house. Plus watching the movie in a dark room allows me to stay focused on it rather than being at home where I can be distracted by other chores. I've never had a bad theater experience in the case where someone is being loud, children screaming, or other distractions.

Only movies I regularly see and enjoy are animated films and the MCU films. So despite the pandemic causing major delays I doubt I'd have seen more than six films this year? All these delays mean is the release schedule is going to be very crowded once things get back to normal.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
not that id be able to see them for a while but Monster Hunter and the last Gintama movie. hopefully Gorilla-san actually ends the series with the movie. sad too see the series ending but its better to end on a good note and not drag the series on way past their welcome..... no, Boruto is crap, its pretty much Shippuden round 3. i didnt even see Boruto but i can guarantee its all the same crud with a newer generation...