• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What upcoming video games are you looking forward to?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Aside from SwSh, I’m looking forward to playing the Switch’s remake of Link’s Awakening mainly because I’ve always wanted to see how Slime Eyes, Slime Eel, And most of all, Facade would look in 3D, Spyro Reignited Trilogy, Ring Fit Adventure because I like the concept, and Luigi’s Mansion 3.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
The most immediate ones I'm looking forward to are actually ports of older PC games. Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II, Planescape Torment and Icewind Dale (especially Planescape Torment, since I never had the chance to play that on PC and I've heard that was one of the best PC RPGs ever made, plus I love the Planescape setting).

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Not upcoming but I'm thinking about getting Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate later. I've never played Monster Hunter World but I have played MH3, MH3U, MH4U and that's about it. I'm thinking about it because I love the battles and Generations apparently has the most monsters out of any of the games but I also know that these games require a lot of time and dedication lol.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Persona 5 Royal, Death Stranding, and Yakuza 5 Remastered.

Cyb3r

Cyberpunk 2077 and FF7:R are the ones I'm really looking forward to getting, it'll be months before they come out but I'm expecting big things out of both

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Outer Worlds comes out this week and I'm so excited. I would love to play Fallout New Vegas in a less broken engine and openly go against capitalism.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
So many games I'm interested this month.

Luigi's Mansion 3
Dragon Quest 11
Digimon Story - Cyber Sleuth

Ever played the Digimon Story series? It's like Digimon's answer to Pokemon but I heard that the latest entry, Cyber Sleuth, has evolved into something more like Persona.
Yep. On my Vita. It's really fun. I'll be restarting though due to my Vita running into a corruption bug. It's still Digimon, battle wise.

SerebieNi

Definitely FIFA 21.

FIFA 20 is one of the best sport simulation games available right now and FIFA 21 will be no different when it releases later this year.

Volta brought all the fun of FIFA Street to FIFA 20. In fact, Volta was received positively by the audience so EA is sure to include even better street modes in FIFA 21 this year. I would definitely love it if EA came up with a perfect punch of professional soccer and street action.

The Mega Champion

I've been buying a bunch of stuff recently in the last several months that have been recommended to me or that I've heard too much about. Some I've already bought and is in my still year+ -ish backlog so I won't include those.

I'll only include either games that aren't out yet and that I'm going to get or will eventually buy.

Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition (Switch; already pre-ordered)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch; I know it' been out for a long time but I'll be buying it a little after I get Xenoblade Definitive)
Tales of Arise (PS4)
Digimon Survive (PS4)
Biomutant (PS4)
Persona 5: The Phantom Strikers (PS4; I'm hoping for an english dub. I won't get this without one)

I believe that's everything or at least everything I can remember right now. I'll add more if I think of more. lol

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Assassins Creed Valhalla
Watch Dogs Legion
Mafia 1 Remake
Saints Row 5

And the next Far Cry

The Mega Champion

New game.

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time! (apt title. lol)

I know it hasn't been revealed yet 'officially' but the leaked box art practically confirms it.

shoz999

Not really a video game but a huge patch for Apex Legends. Oh man, a whole host of buffs have arrived, particularly Legends who are thought of as low-tier that I play a lot just because it's fun, not because it's the meta.
  • One of my mains, Crypto, the hacker drone guy, is getting a buff against Wattson, the girl who can fortify areas. Wattson is a high-tier, in some ways a must-have, legend in the late game because her Pylon can restore shields and protect her team from grenades and missile ults now. Now, Crypto's EMP drone can destroy her Pylon which is pretty huge in the fandom.
  • Octane, the speed guy, gets double jump from his jump pad so that's awesome in that you get better control where you can jump to. Not only that but they buffed up his speed ability from 30 percent to 40 percent.
  • Revenant, the unstoppable robot, he's a good legend in my opinion but I can understand why people think he's currently the worst legend because how do you balance a legend that's suppose to feel like the Terminator, the unstoppable assassin? Part of the reason people avoid him is his ult, Death Totem, which grants you invincibility. The trade-off is if your health get's depleted to zero, you respawn to the Death Totem with a very vulnerable piece of 50 health and the thing is, that's not actually a bad ult or why I think people don't like it. I think it's good and has so many aggressive opportunities but people's problem with it is that Respawn thought the Death Totem would be too powerful and held it back with a restriction, the Death Totem has a range. If you get out of the Death Totem's range, you lose your invincibility. Now the devs probably realized the Death Totem's trade-off where you respawn vulnerable with 50 health is already a good restriction and they decided to take away the range which is an excitingly huge buff to Revenant's ult because that means more aggressive opportunities.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Can officially say Far Cry 6 now!
I hope the protagonist talks, they actually have a name now instead of Rook/Captain but much as I love 5 and New Dawn the 'mute self-insert' character trait loses it's charm if you drag it out. I mean it works for Fallout and Elder Scrolls cause it actually is your character and your the 'voice' for those characters, picking out the lines and everything but Far Cry doesn't have that. I missed the interaction between the villain and hero like there was present was Vaas and Jason, and Pagan and Ajay

The real question though is did the events of Far Cry 5 happen yet or this a prequel??

shoz999

Shin Megami Tensei V.

Kind of disappointed that a fair number of people don't think Shin Megami Tensei V was at least worth the mini-direct. If you guys can, I recommend you guys get Shin Megami Tensei IV on the 3DS. It's like a more challenging Pokemon game with one of the best "catching monsters" systems out there which involves fusion. I promise you won't regret it, you might actually play it long enough that you will get JRPG fatigue because it's a long game. However, the reason why I said IV is because this is the game that's trying to appeal to more casuals through one simple feature that Fire Emblem did to appeal to a greater audience. There's an easy mode and trust me, no one will blame you for using it. This game can be hard to newcomers, even fans who know the series through Persona.

Considering there's not much competition on the Switch in terms of JRPGs, I hope Shin Megami Tensei V gets that larger audience it deserves like what Capcom did for Monster Hunter or Monolith for the Xeno series.