• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What version of TRio do you like the most and why?

What is your favorite Team Rocket version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDragonfangirl

Over all I prefer comical Team Rocket myself.

OS and BW TR. Humor is subjective and I don't find AG/DP TRio to be funny at all so I hate that they're going back to that in DA! and probably Gen 6 as well. I also didn't liken Jessie in contests. I didn't feel like she added anything to the grand scheme of them and it seemed like an attempt to throw TR into every episode. It also seemed to me like AG TRio existed solely to be beaten up every episode and that continued into DP. Their dialogue was particularly painful in DP. I liked OS TRio because they had that humor, a competence about them for the most part, they were well developed characters with backstory and they were entertaining to watch. BW TR I love because they became real villains who had purpose again.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
So, I watched a Kanto episode yesterday on Smash and my opinion still stands basicly, Kanto TR is the same as Johto, AG, DP and DA TR.

I actually voted none because I want them out of the anime since Johto but I guess serious BW TR is the only one I can take, I could take them in Kanto becuase it was the first time then it got old.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Team Rocket as a whole has sucked from the beginning for me. Only in DP I liked them mostly due to Jessie getting better in her Contests.

LizardonX

Banned
Team Rocket as a whole has sucked from the beginning for me. Only in DP I liked them mostly due to Jessie getting better in her Contests.

The irony was that the first time James ever did a contest he won XD It took jessie what 10 contests before winning one?

karczx

It really makes no difference to me at all. Both of them have their weak and strong points. I think they'd have to be balanced from being comedic at times and serious at other times.

croagunk22

i'm rewatching the os and it has caused me to remember why i used to like them, but i still had to vote for bw because i always thought they should be reccuring characters and not blasting off every 21 minutes

Geki

None. Team Rocket should have left after the Johto arc was over with IMO. Team Rocket is not relevant in any other generation, so it's pointless to me for them to keep returning to each region, and every episode. Team Magma and Team Aqua could have been better during the Hoenn Arc, Team Galactic during the D/P arc, Team Plasma during the B/W arc, etc. Maybe have a 'new' Jessie and James for each generation or something.

fubufubu

every TRio EXCEPT BW......before bw came along they were entertaining and actually felt like main characters instead of recurring "blink and you miss em" characters

every TRio EXCEPT BW......before bw came along they were entertaining and actually felt like main characters instead of recurring "blink and you miss em" characters

In OS, they were entertaining and felt like main characters. In AG and DP though? Yeah, no. Main characters move the story forward, which is something TR didn't do. And entertainment is subjective. I found them to be pains in the butt.

As for BW TR, they did entertain me and don't give me the "blink and you'll miss" argument because they showed up as much as they needed to show up. They were main antagonists in BW/BW2 so they did have a prominent role.

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
I was having trouble deciding between OS and BW, but I chose BW because their serious personalities were a nice change of pace, and they don't appear in every episode.

Oh, and Operation: Tempest.

My option is None.

I like them comedically. Their jokes are very funny in the Japanese and 4kids dub (aka my childhood?). But at the same time it is an eyesore to see them blast off every episode and deteriorate themselves pretty badly. If it weren't for the fear of an infraction because of "character bashing" I wouldn't hesitate to usea particular term. DP made them redundant. The jokes were fun, but relying on TR as your main source of comedy is weak. Why not use the main cast instead?

Well that's how Dento was born I guess.

So, I basically love both versions of Team Rocket. The former gave us comedic relief, the latter would have given us a bad-*** two parter with TP but also did serve well in Operation Tempest.

If I could vote again, I would have to decide between OS and BW TRio (Serious).

From there, I would go with OS TRio. They just had the most character to them, IMO.

AG TRio started off beyond hilarious but then grew a bit annoying as they went along.

DP TRio was only good in the emotional moments: they were not really that funny to me, but had their moments.

As flat in personality as BW TRio (Serious) were due to bad writing at times, they were refreshing and something fresh for the group, so they were fitting in hindsight.

BW TRio (Goofs) are also quite annoying like DP TRio was, and even worse is that they aren't funny or entertaining, period.

Last edited:

NPT

Just a member
I prefer the BW TRio, they were actually a threat to others.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Kanto/Orange Team Rocket were the only time they were really funny and NOT repetitive. It helped that the show didn't have as many episodes back then so TR felt unique in each episode.

When Johto came along is when TR's usual routine started. They would steal the main Pokemon of the episode, make comments hiding from the bushes, and Ash would spend the last 5 minutes of the episode battling TR and sending them off. Then the Giovanni fantasies started in Master Quest, I think the Delibird episode was the first time they did one...and they repeated that all throughout AG.

So I'd say Kanto/Orange TR were the best, and they declined in each passing saga from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.