• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Video Game are you currently playing?

M.P.

Retired
Finished KH: FM and I'm now playing Pokemon: Ultra Sun.

Zora

perpetually tired
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana. I'm currently at the beginning of Chapter 3, I've justed picked up the latest party member.
I love it. The scenery is nice to look at, and the music is as great as I hoped for a Ys game. The combat system is pretty fun too imo, but I haven't played a Ys game (Celceta) in so long that I'm having trouble with Flash Moves/Guards again :p

You're not going to wait until NISA patches the translation patch?
Original Post: http://nisamerica.com/blog/important-notice-regarding-ys-viii (important info: NISA is going to update Ys VIII's translation)
Update Post; http://nisamerica.com/blog/ys-viii-lacrimosa-dana-localization-update/ (important info: translation patch is coming early 2018)

any other blog posts can be found here: http://nisamerica.com/blog

Finished Kingdom Hearts 3D recently (on PS4); taking a break from Kingdom Hearts and currently playing Okami HD. This is my first time playing through Okami; I don't really know what to expect.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Started playing Ys V: Lost Kefin, Kingdom of Sand since it's the only game of the series I haven't played yet barring the new one which I'm waiting the PC version.

So since I got lucky enough to get a PSvita for Christmas plus some Christmas money, I bought two games for it and they arrived today! I’m holding off on one (Tearaway) until I finish off the other, but damn the other is brilliant. That other is Gravity Rush. I’ve only just reached the fourth island but I love what I’ve got so far.

Now when I had just started playing and was doing the tutorial I was thinking “oh man this is gonna be a bloody difficult game”, but I eventually got the hang of the controls and OH MY GOD THIS GAME IS SO FUN. It’s so therapeutic to just fly around a steampunk city and be a kickass woman defeating strange blobby monsters. Also steampunk, I’m such a sucker for steampunk. The music in this game is great too, with some great atmospheric pieces for the overworld areas and intense pieces for battle sequences, with other types of soundtracks littered throughout that lead to an ultimately fun as hell experience. Also the graphics are gorgeous, especially for a portable system like the PSvita.

Onto the characters, I’d say that as of right now they’re not the most fleshed out, but I do still like them quite a bit. Our good old MC Kat, while seeming a little stupid at times, does know where her heart lies; while I’m not sure on Raven’s status, I’m excited to learn more about her; while I know for sure that Alias is dead, he did have an interesting arc which I hope comes to bite back later; Gade is intriguing me to no end since I’m convinced he’s secretly evil; Newt was cute despite not showing up much; Syd is probably my favourite character as of yet, he’s pretty damn brilliant; and while Yuri only just showed up with the person in the cloak I can’t wait to learn more about them.

With the plot, I have to say I’m quite a fan of it! Like I said earlier, I’m a sucker for steampunk so the setting alone gets me excited, but then have all of the character interactions, plus the imminent threat of strange blobby monsters and you’ve got me really hyped. I did feel like Raven’s and Alias’ arcs both had rather abrupt conclusions, but I’ve got a feeling they’re gonna return somehow so I’m holding my criticism for now.

So yeah, can’t wait to play more of this!

AmethystLeslie

Christmas has been kind to me, and i got Splatoon 2 and MK8D along with a Switch! I've been focusing on Splatoon 2 a lot, since I really wanted to be into this game and devote more time to it. MK8D I've just been doing singleplayer stuff, but not a lot because Splatoon 2. I also want to finish cleanup breeding in Pokemon Ultra Moon since I have a lot to do, but I guess I can afford to skip out a little bit and try to buy every clothing item Splatoon 2 has to offer. Maybe eventually I'll get started on the singleplayer campaign. Eventually.

So it’s appears that I kind of sort of finished the story for Gravity Rush in two days. Not gonna do a long one this time, just gonna say that I love this game to itty bitty pieces and am seriously miffed that the sequel is PS4 exclusive... who tf is Alias tell me nowwww

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Got a Switch for Christmas, have been playing the crap out of Super Mario Odyssey since then. Finished the main story a couple days ago and am currently trying to find all the Power Moons (I think I have around 550, still have a long way to go). Love the open-world exploration format and all the nods to Mario 64 and other games in the series. I'm having a blast.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Xbox One
Call of Duty: WW2

PS4
Asassins Creed Origins

3DS
Ultra Moon & Metroid: Samus Returns

Zora

perpetually tired
On 3DS playing more of Dragon Quest VII. 40 hours in and on the last "green" island. it pretty good.

On PS4, making my way through Horizon Zero Dawn. Finished some sidequests and doing the second 'meridian' story mission (out of two you receive when you first arrive); currently level 26 / 20 hours in. I'm wondering whether or not if I pick up the Frozen Wilds DLC, should I do it sooner rather than later?

Seeing as one of my brothers got me Fallout 4 (Game of the Year Edition) for Xbox One, I am currently playing that game. It is the first game in the Fallout series I have played.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Still playing Persona 5. I swear, I done ignored all my other games and consoles for this game! Just got through the Tomb Dungeon and the Futaba storyline! I swear that level was the most frustrating so far, but the story with Futaba was real interesting!!

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
Assassin's Creed Rouge:
I started another play through of this, i love it so much. the captain's cabin while Shay is an assassin is pretty neat imo.

Splatoon 2:
i got a switch, already at level 17. A- Splatzones, B+ Tower control, B Rainmaker and B- Clam Blitz. I am the best in Splatzones, that's how I got to S in the original Splatoon.

Manchee

extra toasty
I've been playing a lot of Overwatch, too much than should be allowed. I'm in between grad school semesters right now so I'm taking advantage of all this free time, but I'm a little excited for the semester to start again and to have other things to do. I was playing Sims 4 a good bit, too, but I lost interest when I reached a point with my family that was pretty repetitive.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Minecraft: Xbox One Edition. I'm farming supplies so that I have everything available when I inevitably have to re-sync my achievement world to the Glitchy Together edition. That means fishing for enchanted books with Mending on them and hours spent in the nether hunting wither skeleton skulls and ghast tears.

Zora

perpetually tired
Playing Okami and Valkyria Chronciles on PS4 currently; and almost done with Dragon Quest VII on 3DS--like, I could beat DQ7 tonight but endgame is sluggish and not fun :/

This is my first time playing Okami, but I played and beat VC on the PS3 like six or seven years ago but wanted to play it again before VC4 comes.