• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Video Game are you currently playing?

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
Finally decided to pick up Project Zomboid again. It's still as good as I remember it being a couple of years ago and I still think its one of the most entertaining zombie games that's more focused on the survival aspect out there.

Diegoville

Currently playing Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy and stuck at The High Road for MONTHS! I literally don't see the end of it and just when I'm getting something better I screw up again. Damn bridge.

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I started a megaman x4 file a few days ago.

I'm not sure if i'm really going to try to beat it or not, though. The levels are so hard xD;

But I like playing as Zero. cuz he looks so much like korrina <3

M.P.

Retired
I've been messing with the debug mode in Jak & Daxter Trilogy during last few days.

ebevan91

Assassin's Creed Origins and Final Fantasy XV on PC
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Zelda: Breath of the Wild on Switch
Monster Hunter World and Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age on PS4

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Currently playing Mercenaries Saga: Chronicles on the Switch. It's like Disgaea Lite, but it's cheap, at $15 for all 3 games together. It's really only good for those "play for half an hour" sessions you might have. I'm waiting for Batman: Episode 5 and Detective Pikachu.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I will be playing Ni No Kuni II pretty much right when the site goes down (I'm getting my copy in a few hours). So I'll be giving my initial thoughts on it after the move is done.

I've seen a few screenshots of it, but I've pretty much avoided anything story-related about it. So as of right now, I only know a few things, such as who did the music and visuals and the fact that the battles are more action-oriented than the first one.

Last edited:

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Picked up Super Metroid again recently. Still great! I'm still bad at getting the missile pack in Maridia where you have to shinespark upward in just the right spot! Also played Secret of Evermore again recently, which is also still really good.

So, to temper that a little I'm going to go back to playing Omikron, I guess.

M.P.

Retired
Decided to try Final Fantasy XV. Never played any games of the series previously.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Started playing Sniper Elite 4 since I'm a big fan of the series but I didn't have the chance to play that one last year. I'm really in love with the opponents' A.I. and the updated X-Ray killcam.

Technically I didn’t exactly play it as such, but I watched my brother play the Road to Wrestlemania Undertaker storyline from Raw vs Smackdown 2011 today.

It’s a hell of a ride, and although it’s completely insane and dumb, I love it because it’s so over the top and ridiculous that’s it’s really fun.

Shinehollow

Turning that frown all the way down
got back up to S+ in both Splat Zones and Tower Control in Splatoon 2. I had a feeling that I'd be good with the Custom Splattershot Jr in ranked since I always use it in terf but I only just started using it.

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
Splatoon 2
i made it to s+ splatzones and have the world one boss and worlds one and two to do before i get the hero roller (i start at 5 and go down)

Assassin's Creed iii
decided to alternate between starting a new file and seeing what i can get done as Haytham before having to switch to Connor (kinda like what i'm doing in Rogue) and 100% all memories. got a new achievement too

For the last few days I’ve been playing this really awesome game called The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel after I got it as a birthday present and I LOVE IT TO BITS. The music is beautiful, the graphics are amazing (especially for such a small screen!), the universe itself is really interesting, the plot so far is great, the gameplay is really smooth and fun and the characters (minus Alisa, too tsundere for me) are brilliant. Jusis Albarea is my new adopted son.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Decided to try Final Fantasy XV. Never played any games of the series previously.

I'm definitely interested to see what you think of the game once you finish it. Because it's one of those games where my opinion actually changed after I had completed the game, as opposed to when I was still at about the middle point.

So I've been playing Ni No Kuni II lately, and I have not finished it yet, and probably won't for some time since there's a ton of optional content in the game. But I am finally far enough into it to give my initial thoughts on it.

Combat is action-packed and really fast. As in, most battles only take a few seconds to complete. The exception being some of the major boss fights where you have to do specific things in battle to properly advance the fight, or enemies that far outlevel you, which can take a little longer to kill (funny enough, most enemies that outlevel you are still completely surmountable when you see them, due to the fact that you have Higgledies supporting you in battle). Dungeons contain enemy encounters that have no cutaways for combat, meaning that you can plow through an entire area in short order without the game stopping to load in a separate battle screen. The overworld does use separate screens, but fortunately the load time for it is pretty short, only a couple seconds in and out and combat is still as fast as it is in dungeons. This is one of the few RPGs I've played where combat does not feel like a chore, which coming from experience is something that is kind of a milestone achievement when developing a role-playing game.

When I initially responded to the first trailer I ever saw of the game, I compared it to Suikoden, and was really excited about playing it because of that. That excitement has not dwindled one bit, despite having put in nearly thirty hours and only having used the ship one time so far for a sidequest (like I said, ton of optional content). However I will say that it's probably more accurate to compare it to games like Little King's Story, Birthright and even Pikmin to some degree.

See, here's the thing. Yes, like Suikoden there are army battles. However, the battles play out differently from Suikoden. In Ni No Kuni II, you walk around the field with your troops surrounding you and you use the shoulder buttons to rotate each of your four units to get the unit that's going to be strong against the enemy unit. In addition, you have a few numbers and gauges in battle, such as Military Might, which acts as a currency that can be used to replenish your troops that you lose, or to rebuild enemy structures to use for your own purposes (with the most useful ones being the outposts, that gradually give your army more Military Might, much like the Oil Derricks giving you more money in the Command and Conquer Red Alert games). You can also use Military Might to access special abilities that your units have, such as increasing your attack and defense, or launching an aerial assault against the enemy.

Kingdom building, while overall simple, is still a ton of fun to play around with. During the course of the game, you get a city that you can purchase buildings for. Each building does something different, from periodically giving you different materials when you assign someone there, to allowing you to craft weapons and spells. It uses a separate currency from the one you use to buy weapons and items with, so there's no need to worry about whether to get the newest suit of armor or build the mine you need for resources. The best part of it though is since it all happens in real time, you can go off adventuring and let your coffers and stores accumulate money and items and let your research progress without having to sit around and wait for things to happen. This is really good, because in all honesty you probably don't want to sit around inside the Kingdom for such a long time (it's an option, but it's not recommended). As they say, a watched kettle never boils.

The story itself is very simple and not something I'll go into here, since it would probably take less than two minutes to explain what's going on in the game, and it takes that long in-game to figure it out. Sometimes simplicity in things is best, especially since there are so many mechanics and systems going on at the same time.

Overall, I'm enjoying the game so far. Is it different from the first one? Yes, it is. But it's different in a good way. It'll be awhile before I know if my opinion is going to change or not, but so far so good.

M.P.

Retired
Completed Final Fantasy XV's story, now going for the sidequests.

I'm definitely interested to see what you think of the game once you finish it. Because it's one of those games where my opinion actually changed after I had completed the game, as opposed to when I was still at about the middle point.

Gameplay-wise, I found the game really fun, and one of my favorites on PS4. My only issue was the
Chapter 13's tedious dungeon and very frustrating Ravus boss fight.

Story-wise, I found it mostly alright: far from the worst I've seen, but there was room for improvement. However, there was one part of the story near the end I really disliked:
The 10 year timeskip. It came from literally nowhere and added nothing to the plot: it would've worked completely fine without it. They didn't even explain what Noctis did during those 10 years. Probably one of the worst twists I've ever seen in video games.

I also had mixed feelings towards Noctis's death: I guess it was nice that he and Luna got to reunite in afterlife, but at the same time going through all those challenges only to see the main protagonist die was somewhat unsatisfying.