1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What Video Game are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Ohtachi, Apr 27, 2006.

1. SBaby

SBaby Dungeon Master

I'm replaying Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass. This is one of the best (if not THE best) RPG Maker games I've ever played.

I won't go too much into the plot, since it really needs to be experienced to fully appreciate it.

You've basically got a premise that on its surface sounds kind of dumb, if not completely broken. But from there, it goes on to tell one of the most heartwrenching and dramatic stories I've ever seen in an RPG Maker game. And it really is a character study in a lot of ways.

You have a character who can turn into anything he wants to simply by imagining himself as such. And not only that, but he gains powers from his other forms simply by fighting in them for awhile. So he effectively becomes a character that pretty much cannot be stopped.

So of course the first thing people are thinking is, 'Well, that's stupid. If he can't be stopped then what's the point?'. And that's the thing. Why can he do all this? Why does his seemingly normal family never say anything about him being able to do this, and why don't they ever question why everything outside of their house looks strange? And when you find the answer to why everything's happening the way it is, it not only makes sense, but it is a perfect example of how this kind of story can be told.

A lot of people mention that the game can make people feel uncomfortable, and they're not wrong. There are scenes in this game that will make people feel uncomfortable, and even might be offensive to some. This is not an exaggeration. Some of the scenes I could list as examples are so disturbing and sick that even so much as mentioning them here could actually violate the rules of this site. That bad.

Even still, it's a fascinating game and definitely worth checking out. Just know what you're in for before playing the game.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    Leonhart likes this.
  2. Emboar_Rulez

Emboar_Rulez Pokémon Master (Kinda)

Im playing this game called Pokemon Sword idk f any of you have heard about it.

3. Opassa

Opassa Tunne susi rakasta

Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2003: Stairway to the Destined Duel for Game Boy Advance

file erased a year ago, so i'm trying to build the in-game collection back up

Leonhart likes this.
  4. Pikasaur

Pikasaur Putting up a Fight

Mostly Pokemon Sword, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019), and Fallout 76.

Also Trying and Failing Tetris 99

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    Leonhart and Emboar_Rulez like this.
  5. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

Tetris 99 is mostly about luck. Sometimes while playing Online I get thrown out within five minutes and am among the first that are out but other times I get to 30th place or higher before I lose. The highest I’ve gotten was 15.

WishIhadaManafi5 and Pikasaur like this.
  6. Emboar_Rulez

Im currently trying to make a competitive team on sword and failing miserably.:(

7. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Don't mess with the bull. You'll get the horns. Staff Member Moderator

No doubt. Sometimes you get targeted by a lot of people. Highest I've gotten is 11th place.

Been playing Super Mario Maker 3ds, Pokemon Ultra Sun, a lot lately.

8. Search_Ops_TeamD

Search_Ops_TeamD ShaggySmurf

It's been a while since I've been in the forum. Good to be back.
    Anyway, even since I was last here I've been wanting to do a throwback to Final Fantasy VI. Finally got around to it. I'm playing the Advance version, and currently at about 80% through the story, and 40% completion. Also replaying the Halo series through the Master Chief Collection, and building a city in SimCity 3000 Unlimited. I was also trying to run my never played Cities Skylines, but I just don't have the PC for it. I'll eventually get to it once I build my gaming rig. That's gonna be going on for a while, probably until summer 2020.

9. Feline

Feline Why?

Tbh, Ultra Moon. Just trying to improve my festival plaza and other misc. stuff. Trying to get another lotto booth for my plaza, but I keep getting offered dumb facilities. Also trying to make as much money as possible before the gen 7 servers go down whenever that is.

I'm still waiting for Sword since I got it online. Should be here in a week.

Leonhart and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  10. Emboar_Rulez

I’ve been working in my competitive team on Pokémon sword and trying to get someone to trade me the last two Pokémon for the dex

11. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Don't mess with the bull. You'll get the horns. Staff Member Moderator

I don't think the servers going down will affect that. Just game sync like in X and Y version.

Been playing some Pokemon Shuffle, Fire Emblem Heroes. Hoping to play some more games tonight.

Emboar_Rulez likes this.
  12. Pyrax

Pyrax The Ghost of Tsushima

Currently collecting some bounties in Red Dead Redemption 2. One year, two playthroughs and not once did I ever think to do any after the first bounty ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

WishIhadaManafi5 and Leonhart like this.
  13. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I'm currently playing The Eternal Duelist Soul, which is basically the World Championship 2003 game, but with less characters and no cards from Labyrinth of Nightmare. Still, it's a lot of fun to play the old school Yu-Gi-Oh GBA games.

Opassa likes this.
  14. Opassa

Opassa Tunne susi rakasta

absolutely! i've played a lot of Forbidden Memories this year too, and a copy of the Japanese game Yu-Gi-Oh II for GB

my history with ygo runs pretty deep tbh

been playing a lot of Gamecube Animal Crossing lately, and Perfect Dark

Leonhart and SubtleVVeirdoh like this.
  15. Pikasaur

So because of Christmas i have about a dozen games im trying to play at the same time.

Today though it's, The Outer Worlds, Pokemon Sword,Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, and CoD: Modern Warfare(2019)

Outer Worlds is a decent game so far, but i'm not seeing all the hype people had for it.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    Sceptrigon likes this.
  16. Mysteryguy

Mysteryguy Rainbow Trainer

Currently playing Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, sometimes throwing in some God of War and doing a few screens/levels of Celeste and Super Mario 3D World. And I should be playing some Planet Coaster and Parkitect. But overall I've barely played any games recently.

17. Judge Mandolore Shepard

Judge Mandolore Shepard Spectre Agent

Most recent game I have been playing is Borderlands 3. I am playing through the game using Zane Flynt

18. WishIhadaManafi5

Played some Pokemon Shuffle, Fire Emblem Heroes and am playing Pokemon Ultra Sun.

19. Sceptrigon

Sceptrigon Armored Guardian

Similarly, I’ve gotten a number of games for the Switch for the holidays, especially since they were on sale. I’ve finished a couple already, but I’m playing through Ni No Kuni, Rayman Legends, and Yooka-Laylee at the same time. Have you played the first Yooka-Laylee? I’ve been enjoying the game for what it is, even though I’ve seen reviews being pretty critical of it.

20. Pikasaur

I got the original Yooka-Laylee since i really liked Banjo-Kazooie

Planning on playing it again after Impossbile lair.