• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Video Game are you currently playing?

M.P.

Retired
Replaying Batman: Arkham Origins, in order to make the wait for Spider-Man a little easier.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I've completed a playthrough of the Thieves Guild storyline in Skyrim. Completed the last major quest and restored the guild to its former glory. I'll say the story was more enjoyable that I originally remembered.

No idea which game I'll want to play next. Guess only time will tell...

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I can't even with Octopath Traveler. The difficulty keeps going up and down the further you go. Again, the characters really don't interact with one another sufficiently, the stories themselves usually aren't too interesting, and even though the combat system is cool, grinding for several hours just to survive is not. I just finished Ophilia's, Olberic's, and Primrose's story line. The first two because, by doing so, I get equip items that increase the amount of EXP and Job Points I get from every battle, making grinding easier. The last because Primrose's character and story line have always been the most interesting, original, and dark. Now that I'm on the Chapter 4s, the game has suddenly become quite easy again, and that really confuses me. The chapter 1 and 4 missions are really easy, but the chapter 2 and 3 missions are usually quite difficult, if only because the game requires you to level grind so much because suddenly all the enemies' levels jump up and bosses can oneshot an entire team easily. I heard that the game's true final boss is quite difficult, even at high levels, but I'll figure that out once I get there. There's still 5 more stories I have to complete first, along with picking off all the side quests along the way.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Since I've had so much fun playing Skyrim I've decided to create a new character and start over. In this playthrough I plan on only using magical spells and abilities. So that means no melee weapons, bows, or heavy armor. Additionally I'm gonna play through the College of Winterhold storyline.

I guess I didn’t mention it that much, but my sister and I played an completed Tomb Raider (The 2013 one). It was quite a wild ride where suspension of disbelief just didn’t exist (Lara is more of a goddess than the actual goddess with the amount of crap that gets stabbed into her, slams into her, gets into her wounds, burns her and so on without her having to treat it (except once, and she didn’t even deal with any infection healing then)), but it was quite fun. My favourite character ended up being Jonah thanks to us playing the intro cutscene without subtitles and me mishearing his name as “Donut”, so I was glad he survived to the end. After him I liked Roth quite a bit, followed by both Sam and Lara. I wasn’t all that interested in most of the other characters, and Mathias felt like a pretty generic villain. It’s not really a game about characterisation though, so I’m letting it slide. I was kinda miffed that the final boss fight was a set of quick time events though.

Also, the game’s called Tomb Raider. There are seven optional tombs, but you literally only raid one or two in the story. Not a criticism exactly, but I find it quite funny.

Also Lara has a body count of what must be over 250 at this point, Miss “I’m terrified of killing people”, who occasionally actually taunted her foes before blasting their brains out.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
About halfway through the College of Winterhold storyline in Skyrim. I'll admit playing as a mage is way different than a warrior since you have to be mindful of how much magic you're using in battles. Luckily I've acquired the right equipment to help reduce the cost of certain spells and to increase the rate my magic bar regenerates.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
All I really have left to do in Octopath Traveler is complete the final dungeon and true final boss. This is easier said than done. According to the internet, the recommended level for your entire 8 member party is 70, and my team right now is currently somewhere around 55. The final dungeon consists of fighting 8 bosses, each with over 150,000 HP, with no chance to save or use an inn, and THEN fight the final boss, which of course has multiple phases. I also don't have the best equipment unlocked yet, which requires doing even more side missions, AND I don't have any of the secret classes unlocked yet, which requires 4 more very difficult boss fights. All in all, I don't know if I'm going to go through with all this. I beat all 8 of the main stories, so I don't know if I "beat" the game already or not.

Started Rise of the Tomb Raider with my sister. It’s pretty much better in every way than the last one, especially concerning the story. I for one am especially glad that Jonah is playing a more major role than the last one, being basically the main male character (and a really unconventional main male at that, which is really good). There are also some more tombs than before to raid, and the two that we’ve knocked out so far have been pretty good (the water one was great, mostly because of the music).

On my own, I am going to finish Trails in the Sky SC at some point, but I’ve been going through more of a standalone phase right now. While it isn’t exactly a standalone, you can play Layton Brothers: Mystery Room without knowledge of the main series Professor Layton games, so I replayed it over the last two days because my love for it was re-ignited. It’s one of the best detective games I’ve ever played, and it’s got a really good story and main cast. No matter what anyone else says, this game is my favourite in the franchise, and it’s gonna have to take a lot from the main series games I haven’t played yet to top it. I am so incredibly grateful that according to the Wikia, the main characters at the very least are going to have an important role in main series canon in the next games, because they deserve that role.

Also, I first played Mystery Room when I was around 9 or 10, it was basically my first franchise. Considering a major plot point surrounding one of the characters, I am really not surprised at how many characters with split personalities I’ve fallen for since. This was my first ever story with one involved, and it was written incredibly well. Alfendi and Lucy’s dynamic also deserves a mention, it’s a great example of a platonic male/female relationship between two cast members, and it particularly shines during the later cases.

Tl;dr: Mystery Room is worth your time if you own an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. It’s an underrated gem. Edit: I’m pretty sure it’s on Android too!

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Still stuck on the same bloody stage in Bayonetta, thanks to my inability to farm health materials.

It's gonna take a lot of maneuvering to get through back-to-back boss battles.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Finished the College of Winterhold storyline and a couple of other quests in Skyrim. Since I was playing this character as a scholar I figure he would venture into ancient ruins. So with that in mind I started collecting the Dragon Priests makes scattered across the region.

I ordered a second-hand copy of Professor Layton and the Lost Future a couple of days ago, but while I was waiting, I wanted to play something else.

So guess who finally restarted Persona 4.

I’m getting into it much more than I did last time, probably due to a combination of playing on Easy and having more JRPG experience than I did earlier this year. Also in an interesting turn of events, my favourite character is Chie. Not only was Yosuke my favourite the first time, but it’s just rare in general for some reason that my absolute favourite character in a game is female. Yosuke is close behind still though, but as I finally joined a club this time around (and went for football because Yu can nyoom like the wind) I gained two new favourite characters in Daisuke and Kou.

I think it was a mistake to name Yu “Flat Earther” though.

M.P.

Retired
Playing Garfield: Lasagna World Tour, a game I got as a child but never actually finished. It's quite short and there are a lot of things that could've been done much better, but imo it's not as bad as some reviewers claim it to be.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
For the last couple of days I've been replaying Fire Emblem Warriors on the Nintendo Switch. Currently playing through the main story and the occasional mission in History Mode. So far my favorite characters to use in missions are Chrom, Robin, and Corrin.

If I'm still interested in the game I might buy the DLC for it.

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
after i get Vess i'm going to start Bringer of Chaos, so the only blade i have to get afterwards is Theory. Then the wait for Golden Country begins...

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Downloaded Freedom Planet on Switch. Feels like pretty standard Classic Sonic gameplay, but the boss battles are definitely the highlight of this game, they're soooo much better than Sonic's bosses, they're really intense and frantic. Almost wish there was a boss rush mode in the game just so I could just play the bosses (although considering how hard Brevon is, if you managed to get through that without a game over, you must be a gaming god. But then again, if it's anything like the main game, game over would just be a slap on the wrist and then they'd put you right back where you left off. Why does this game have lives again?). Also, the boss theme is just glorious.

Last edited:

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Finished the first Bayonetta. It's a pretty insane and insanely stylish game... riding a motorcycle... stylishly... to space lol. SPAAAAAAAACE!

Last edited:
Layton arrived, gonna play it once I’m done with P4. I’ve max-linked Chie and the Sport Club boys (and Chie’s now my girlfriend yay) and I’m desperately getting Marie’s link up in the hope of getting the True Ending (currently halfway there which at this point in time is a good sign), as well as all the other links I have going. I’m currently just before the video game-themed dungeon, and although I know two of the big spoilers (both involving who the culprit is) so the mystery isn’t as big of a mystery, I have no idea on context, consequences and how/why the culprit did it, so I’m getting almost as much of a great experience as I would’ve done fully blind - possibly even more because I can make sure to make the right choices and not go down the wrong path. Also character-wise, the main cast is incredibly strong and I can’t bring myself to dislike any of them (even to my surprise, Teddie, he gets some great character development).

I’m still cracking up over Flat Earther though.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Taking a break from Monster Hunter: World and running Crawmerax in Borderlands to see if I can get the last pearlescent I need

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Still playing Fire Emblem Warriors and making decent progress in story mode. Some missions are fun while others are frustrating. Additionally the only characters I dislike using are the Pegasus Knights, they're so fragile to bows and their attacks are rarely effective.

Lil Persona 4 update: I’m getting close to the end of the game now. The main story is really good, and the characters and their Social Link arcs are great. The gameplay is really fun, and the music is awesome. The graphics and art are pretty. But one thing is bugging me, and that’s the filler content. A few of the events are ok and pretty entertaining (the failed group date Cafe is quite funny if you sit on the girl’s side and get “into character”), but for the most part I’m just pressing X through tons of cliche events that just aren’t to my taste. It doesn’t help that most of them focus on making the girls as fanservice-y as possible during those events, and the male cast (mainly Yosuke and Teddie) being flirty so much that it can feel like a bit too much. During the rest of the story the characters don’t really focus on fanservice, and people’s bodies are only occasionally used as part of their own internal insecurities (aka the shadows), so having beach episodes, beauty pageant swimsuit competitions and contests to see who can get the most girls’ numbers just feels out of place. I’m also not always bothered by characters in fiction being flirts (Trails is good evidence of that), but when a character starts trying to use actions instead of words (eg trying to unhook a girl’s bra, forcing girls to join a beauty pageant and then making them wear swimsuits in front of everyone), it makes me rather uncomfortable. It’s because of that that Teddie isn’t higher up on my favourite characters list, because he just steps the line in the filler content too much.

So yeah, amazing game when it comes to plot and characters arcs and just about everything else, but the filler is entertaining at the very best, cliche and boring a lot of the time, and uncomfortable at worst.