• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Video Game are you currently playing?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. I got past a spoilers boss.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Started Dragon Quest XI. The graphics look so crisp.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Dragon Quest XI is the current game. I will say the game looks really impressive and they did a few new things with the Skill Point system and battles. Storywise, it's not overly complex. So far I predicted nearly everything that's happened in the plot, even the stuff that wasn't mentioned in articles.

Edit: Well so much for predicting everything.
The friggin post game is part of the main plot. Free piece of advice: Don't mess around with time travel unless you're 100 percent certain you can live with the consequences. I can't say I called that.

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Arch tempered Kushala Daora is living up to the rep of the other arch tempereds... Too much health and too much range. Had two [bleeps] abandon the hunt the third time I tried just because they got fainted once. There should be a way to penalize people who do that. It's not fair to everyone else to just ragequit like that, leaving two or even only one person to face a monster that's been difficulty-adjusted for four people.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Since I started playing Fire Emblem Warriors I've had a strong desire to replay Fire Emblem: Awakening. So I've started a new playthrough with classic mode on. Overall I'm having fun switching between the games.

M.P.

Retired
Spider-Man for PS4. I'm quite excited, I've been waiting so long to play this one.

So since I last dropped in, not only did I finish off Persona 4 Golden’s True Ending, but I also started and finished Professor Layton and the Lost Future!

P4G first: I think that minus various filler scenes, Persona 4 Golden is one of the best games I’ve ever played, and it’s one of the few games to have me cry on and off at various occasions (the only other games that’s have gotten such a reaction out of me are Trails of Cold Steel and Final Fantasy XV). My favourite feature by far is each character’s S-link arc, as while quite a few of the characters get good story development anyway, the characters start to feel truly genuine and have realistic character arcs that are powerful (Chie, Yosuke, Marie and Naoki probably were the most impactful out of the ones I maxed out, but Naoto, Daisuke/Kou And Dojima also have great arcs). I feel like Yosuke would’ve been an even better character if they had left in a romance route for him (various comments he makes concerning Kanji would make more sense if he was struggling with his sexuality too), but he’s an incredibly strong character anyway and the unfinished parts are mostly in the aforementioned poor filler so I can mostly let it slide. Overall, great game, I really wanna watch the anime now!

Next up, Layton. This game has beautiful music and art just like this one, and the story is crazy as ever, but I just didn’t get as excited with this one as I did the last one? Claire seemed like a bit of a Mary Sue to me, as she has three important-to-the-plot men pining for her who all alter their life goals based around her, but she’s doesn’t seem to have any flaws whatsoever. The main villain was interesting (and being voiced by Yuri Lowenthal was a bonus after finishing P4G, having them voiced by Yosuke made me like em more) and was one of the stronger new characters in the game, but their plan was ridiculously outlandish and the game just kinda glosses over the death count caused by it. Flora was also pretty much a dead weight, all she did was complain, join the party randomly and get kidnapped. I’d have liked to see her at least do something that isn’t solving a basic side puzzle. Other than the things I mentioned though, it was certainly an incredibly fun experience and I’m going to continue the series with the next game when I can. My favourite non-Mystery Room Layton game is still currently Pandora’s Box since the mystery behind it was simultaneously the least predictable and the least out-of-nowhere. The first one casually had robots and this one casually had a giant freakin genocide machine that caused a sinkhole in London, so in comparison a fencing duel with an old guy is pretty normal. I’m not really criticising on that last point, the former two fall into the crazy awesome side of the spectrum.

Currently I only have to play Trails in the Sky SC and I’ll be done with my video game backlog, but I’m considering buying either Bad Apple Wars, the Persona 4 spin-off games or the PSvita version of Amnesia soon. I’m going to wait and see.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
I've been playing Fire Emblem Warriors for a couple of weeks. After replaying through the story and History Mode I'd say I've had my fill. Think it's time to move onto a different game.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Playing some Pokemon Colosseum right now. Working on some Shadow Pokemon and earning some cash. Played a bit of Pokepark 2 a bit earlier.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I decided to play some Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins on the Virtual Console for the 3DS. I have beaten the Bird at the Tree Zone and I am currently at the Space Zone.

I guess I should mention that my sister and I finished off Rise of the Tomb Raider a couple of days ago. Much better than the first one in every way, enjoyed the cliffhanger, Jonah best boy, we’re hoping to get the next game soon (it’s expensive though). The next one looks amazing, and magazines reporting on the game say Jonah’s gonna get more of a role in this one, so I’m hyped either way.

Since I don’t know when I’m getting a new game and Sen no Kiseki 4’s release is way too close for me to think of finishing Sky SC, I’m thinking of starting a NG+ run for something. Just need to decide which game.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky on the Wii U. I played it before but never got to finish it. Now I am and man, it's a great story. Now I'm doing the special episodes.

Tiffany

Staff member
Super Mod
Replaying NieR/NieR: Automata, Angels of Death, and Persona 3. Starting Atelier Ayesha.

Of course. Of course I started a NG+ run of Akiba’s Beat.

I forgot how slow the start of the story is. Out of the main cast, Asahi and Saki were two of the weakest characters for me, and while Riyu isn’t exactly a weak character, her story isn’t really all that interesting compared to the rest of the characters - not to mention that her arc involves talking to the same three guys on repeat, which gets quite tedious over time. The story picks up around the start of Chapter 3, though, since that’s the introduction of both Yamato’s and Moé’s arcs.

Saki also comes off as really pushy in the first part, and while I get that it’s a part of her character, she also feels a little robotic as well. She just comes up to Asahi all like “so you sense there’s something wrong, too”, but her character only really comes onto display when she’s trying to make Asahi join her. Since her personality is very upbeat and intense, it would make more sense for he to be a bit like “wait, you can see it too?!” instead of her actual, stoic introduction. Just a little thought there.

When it comes to gameplay, since I’m on NG+ I ramped the difficulty up to Imagine (the highest one). It’s only had a minor effect so far - fights are still going down relatively quickly - but I feel like as I continue I’ll get a bit more of a challenge. I will admit, the gameplay and music are as great on a second playthrough as they were in the first. The humour for the first two chapters is fine, but nothing special, but I always found Yamato to be the most entertaining character in the whole cast and he’s arriving soon, so yeah.

So I guess I still feel the same about the intro section as I did last time, then. I can’t wait to get to Yamato’s introduction though.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I just beat Spiderman. The game has a very good story, I enjoyed it. I'm also playing Dragon Quest 11 on PS4.

I also recently went back to playing Elder Scrolls Online on my Xbox One.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I'm playing Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia. I've already finished the first Pokemon Ranger and I have to say... goddamn they made Shadows of Almia tons easier than the original. Have you every played the original!? It's probably the hardest Pokemon spinoff you will come across. It's satisfying when you beat a certain boss but annoying when your ring gets disrupted even once.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Playing Yo-kai Watch. Having fun with it. Just took down Sproink. Built my team up some more to have more of a chance. Used Skranny, Negatibuzz, Jibanyan, Baku, Dimmy and Dismarelda. Team is anywhere from level 13 to level 15. Now working on doing some more training. This has been a good rental. I'd love to pick it up used some day. On second thought, no. I hate the 'What Dad Forgot' chapter with the Wazzats. So VERY annoying. Took me over 6 tries just to get to the office only to be caught by another one of those stupid things.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I continued to play more Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins and I have cleared Space Zone and Macro Zone, including their secret stages. I previously didn't unlock the secret stage of Tree Zone so I went back and completed the secret stage there. I haven't went back onto Super Mario Land in a long time though.