• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Video Game are you currently playing?

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
I just beat Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu for the Nintendo Switch. Now, I have time for Death Mark and the Lego Harry Potter Collection.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Spent probably more than I should have on a bunch of games this past month. Octodad, Journey, Regalia, the Bioshock Collection, Abzu, Little Nightmares, Persona 5, Layers of Fear and DLC, Detroit, Lost Sphear, Life is Strange 2, God Wars: Future's Past, and definitely some others that I've currently forgotten about. I've beaten some, saving others for the new year. Currently going through HeartGold, but also thinking about doing Persona 5 on the side.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Started playing Metroid Other M. Action's great but once you get the hang of the controls you start to realize missiles beats pretty much everything lol.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Finally figured out how to lock pick in Skyrim! (the Switch version) Just took me around 14 picks XD(two tries). Glad that bit is over for now. Also raced a bit in Mario Kart and played some Pokemon Quest.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Started playing Metroid Other M. Action's great but once you get the hang of the controls you start to realize missiles beats pretty much everything lol.

Yeah, missiles are pretty much the 'Win Button' in the game until toward the end.

I'm currently playing Smash. I have about half the roster unlocked (unlocks are a lot easier to do this time around; every five fights is guaranteed to bring in a new challenger). I haven't done Spirits Mode yet, but I did hear from others that it's the best adventure mode the series has ever had.

Ok so I did play FFX for a bit but I dropped it because I hate jump scares and the random encounter screen crash terrifies me, I’ll pick it up once I’m braver.

In the meantime, I restarted my Moon copy and decided to do another Wonderlocke for the first time in two years! It’s actually been really fun, even though one of my favourite Pokemon I was using (an Ekans/Arbok named ALEXANDRESÉ) was my first and only death. My current team is Incineroar (luckily for me since I chose a female Litten, traded it away and received another one back!), Decidueye, Primeape, Gastrodon, Charjabug and a FREAKIN SHINY TOGETIC (which got traded to me as a level 10 Togepi early on so I could actually use it). I’ve also received a Chimchar, a Mudsdale and an Eevee, along with an array of other Pokemon. I got a Shiny Gardevoir, but it wasn’t eligible at the time so I had to trade it away again. I actually received an event Diancie and kept it, since I don’t think I’d ever be able to get one again!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Let's Go Pikachu - Finishing the Dex
Red Dead Redemption 2 - Game of the freaking year!
GTA V
Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Just got it yesterday, the game and the season pass were on sale on Xbox so I got the Gold edition! Having a blast, it was worth the wait. Although I hope future AC titles drop this RPG nonsense. It doesn't feel very AC-dy when you can't one shot sneak attack :/

M.P.

Retired
Spyro Reignited Trilogy. Never played the originals, but this game has been quite good so far.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Red Dead Redemption 2, Spiderman PS4, Super Mario Odyessey, Zelda Breath of the Wild, Super Smash Brothers Ultimate, Lets Go Pikachu

and a few others i haven't started yet

Probably narrow it down in a week or two, but its christmas and i want to play everything

Last edited:

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
ARK Survival Evolved on the Switch, and man its easily (and currently) the most challenging game I ever played and I am playing it on easy mode (or an "easy" map, not sure how it works), I actually had to take a break from it cause I kept dying quickly, it didn't help that the game respawned me next to a pack of raptors 3 times!!!!!

All in all not a bad game, just a very challenging one for me at least

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
I've been playing a ton of FF14 lately. I played a while ago and was too poor to continue paying for it but now I have a full time job and have picked it back up. It's a lot of fun.

Ok so, it turns out I suddenly have quite a bit on my plate.

I received God Eater Resurrection + God Eater 2 Rage Burst for PSvita at Christmas, which I’m redeeming and playing in February since my sister is getting her PS4 then and we plan on sharing an account. Around that time I want to download London Detective Mysteria since it’s digital release only. Meanwhile today two games I wanted for Christmas that are from Japan arrived early: Amnesia World and Eiyuu Densetsu: Zero no Kiseki (The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Zero/Zero Trails/idk). I have ordered two games for myself with Christmas money - Lost Dimension and Amnesia V Edition, which haven’t arrived yet but are coming this month (Lost Dimension within the next few days).

Oh boy. Here’s how I’m gonna play them probably:
-start Lost Dimension when it arrives.
-by the time I’m finished, Amnesia will have arrived. Replay it and then use a guide to play World (I don’t understand Japanese but I can kinda understand the gist of what’s going on and tbh I just wanna see the pretty graphics and play the new minigames).
-after that play God Eater and London Detective Mysteria simultaneously as I’m playing the former with my sister and the latter on my own.
-hold on Zero no Kiseki for now in case of news on the translation patch.

I’m so happy with everything I got :D

shoz999

Playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions. I heard this is basically just Nintendo's answer to Persona but with Fire Emblem characters. Am at the beginning, there is no dubbing, only subs, makes the Japanese girl gasps, screams, and surprise sounds seem awkward outside of my room lol, even moreso with the pop music and guess what! You can't use your earphones on the Wii U because unlike other games, this game actually makes use as a gamepad including it's audio lol. As a big Fire Emblem fan when I got into the first battle, I looked at Tsubasa's character, the female main character, and notice she's based on the Lance characters... only she has a healing ability... As FE fan I couldn't help but think... THAT'S NOT HOW LANCERS WORK! Only to remember this is what people claim it is, a Persona-style game with Fire Emblem Characters. Other than that, this looks to shape up to a great RPG.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions. I heard this is basically just Nintendo's answer to Persona but with Fire Emblem characters. Am at the beginning, there is no dubbing, only subs, makes the Japanese girl gasps, screams, and surprise sounds seem awkward outside of my room lol, even moreso with the pop music and guess what! You can't use your earphones on the Wii U because unlike other games, this game actually makes use as a gamepad including it's audio lol. As a big Fire Emblem fan when I got into the first battle, I looked at Tsubasa's character, the female main character, and notice she's based on the Lance characters... only she has a healing ability... As FE fan I couldn't help but think... THAT'S NOT HOW LANCERS WORK! Only to remember this is what people claim it is, a Persona-style game with Fire Emblem Characters. Other than that, this looks to shape up to a great RPG.

So Tokyo Mirage Sessions is sort of a horrible mess of a crossover. It's a proper crossover that doesn't really have anything to do with Nintendo. It's SUPPOSED to be a crossover between Shin Megami Tensei (Persona's parent series with a different play style completely) and FE but there are very few FE elements and the play style is literally just Persona rather than SMT. Initially it was much different but after development hell this is what we got.

shoz999

So Tokyo Mirage Sessions is sort of a horrible mess of a crossover. It's a proper crossover that doesn't really have anything to do with Nintendo. It's SUPPOSED to be a crossover between Shin Megami Tensei (Persona's parent series with a different play style completely) and FE but there are very few FE elements and the play style is literally just Persona rather than SMT. Initially it was much different but after development hell this is what we got.
To be honest. Seeing Tiki in this style of the game makes me wondered if Atlus could've just done a Persona-style game set in the Fire Emblem universe.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
To be honest. Seeing Tiki in this style of the game makes me wondered if Atlus could've just done a Persona-style game set in the Fire Emblem universe.

That probably would have been way more interesting tbh. Like a SMT game in FE style and a FE game in SMT style.

shoz999

That probably would have been way more interesting tbh. Like a SMT game in FE style and a FE game in SMT style.
Maybe they could've told it from the villain's point of view. Would've made a great tragedy to see your character and the friends you made befall at the hands of a famous Fire Emblem hero.

EDIT: Actually scratch that. That would make an interesting Fire Emblem game in general.

Last edited: