• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Video Game are you currently playing?

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The other day I beat Resident Evil 8 on PS5. Honestly, it might have just became my favorite Resident Evil game. Resident Evil 4 was always my favorite along with the Resident Evil 2 remake.

I'm a big fan of the village theme in Resident Evil 8. The story is pretty good with some nice twists and turns. There was indeed a part in the game that absolutely creeped me out and gave me nightmares the following night. That part gave me Silent Hill vibes.

mtqc

MY BEANS!
Been recently doing Monster Hunter Rise and have been having a blast. I've never played a game quite like it with such a high learning curve (for me, anyway) so it's been a rewarding experience.

The Mega Champion

I finished Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition Monday night.

Unfortunately... overall... my opinion on this game is unchanged. I vastly overestimated how much I would like this game. I really did. It's very unfortunate too. I wanted to like this game. I really did. I'm not even saying that I didn't like it or hated it. Because I didn't. It just had... too many problems for me. :rolleyes:

The story took way too long to get good. I mean eventually it did get good and it stayed good and was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING honestly. But... it took too long to do so IMO. If you want to have a good story... that's fine. But, IMO at least, it took too long to get there. Have the story slowly but progressively get better. Not just be flatlined and then all of a sudden do a massive spike. That's what Vesperia did IMO. It didn't reach that point until I hit the 20 hour mark. That's too long IMO. :confused:

I absolutely hated the battle system. It was just crap and I couldn't deal with it at all. I was FORCED to switch to Easy and grind which I've never had to do in any of my prior Tales of games. I also ended up resorting to the free add-on level up items. I saved them until endgame, and broke the game once I used them, but it's just the fact that I struggled more than I really should have. Is it just me? Sure it could be. But it's just what my experience was. It's quite funny considering people complain about Zestiria's battle system. I'll take that over Vesperia's system any day. :rolleyes:

So unfortunately, for me at least IMO, the negatives were just too much for the AMAZING story to overcome. I was overall extremely disappointed and underwhelmed with Vesperia. But the story and characters were great. That's about all I can say positively about it unfortunately. The crap (IMO) battle system and constant struggles were just too much for the great story to overcome. Oh well I guess. 7/10 :confused:

Here's my updated Tales of tier list for those who care (from best to worst):

Berseria
Zestiria
Vesperia

Sorry all. Maybe I'll have better luck next time. Either way... I'll be starting Life is Strange 2 tonight. This one has mixed reception but I always judge games for myself. It'll be an interesting ride either way I suppose. :oops:

KillerDraco

Dark Souls.

I had to honor a promise to some friends that I would play (and stream) the game for the first time, and after doing all but the final 2 DLC Bosses and the final boss (which I'll be doing on Sunday), I've found the infamous difficulty of the games to be... overstated. Once I got used to the awful, clunky controls, most of the bosses went down easily, and most deaths were to gravity than the bosses. All but a few bosses have been taken down first try, and none in the main game have taken more than 2 tries. Artorias took 3 but TBH that was more me getting greedy in the 2nd attempt than anything.

After having to listen to gaming journalists use Dark Souls as the standard for hard games for YEARS... I wasn't particularly impressed by the difficulty. It's a decent game, I had fun, but it's far from the "hardest game ever, git gud" game that so many people made it out to be.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Dark Souls is honestly mostly punishing because of losing souls more than anything else. That and some of the bonfire placement/runs you need to do if you die on a boss. 2 and 3 improve the latter a lot of Souls 1 has ones like New Londo which suck since Firelink is the closest one.

But if you take things slow and don’t get too greedy the game is more slow and methodical than hard. Which isn’t bad at all and does provide challenge in being more observant and looking for traps.

It’s mostly 2 that takes some of that and turns it against the player, but 2 is a very divisive game for Souls fans.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Honestly, Dark Souls wasn't that difficult to me. If you come prepared and get use to the clunky controls it isn't that bad. Eventually I would like to try the Demon Souls remake on PS5, though.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
NieR Replicant (THE REMAKE I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR) and replaying TWEWY on the DS. Can't believe it's getting an anime 13 years later and a sequel. Been a fan since it came out in 08 and whew, it's been a roller coaster with the franchise (remember the countdown for the port in 2012 lol)
I'm so hyped for NEO and I only got into twewy last year

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
So I beat the main storyline in Ghosts of Tsushima. Now I have to finish all of the side quests and tales. Pretty soon I hope to get the Platinum Trophy for this game.

The Mega Champion

I finished Life is Strange 2 last night and obtained my 8th Platinum trophy. Overall... I really liked this game. People complain about it being to 'political.' Sure? I guess? Then again everything seems to be political now because people don't want to have common sense anymore so it's really not that much of a surprise.

I'd say the first game is definitely better but I still enjoyed it quite a lot. The final choice was much easier (for me anyway) then the final choice in the first game was. Overall I enjoyed and liked this game.

If you can't tell with the custom image in my trophy card now I will be moving on to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX which I will start playing tonight. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried. I struggled immensely with Super Mystery Dungeon. If this happens again... *sighs* o_O

Well for now I'll see what I can find in terms of what pokemon is the 'best partner choice' and just go from there I guess.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Mass Effect Legendary Edition
I'm gonna be doing a playthrough of RDR 2 soon though cause I finally managed to snag a Xbox Series X on Thursday, can't wait to experience one of the best games of all time the best way possible! :D

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
So last night I received my Platinum Trophy in Ghosts of Tsushima.

Earning the Platinum isn't too difficult. After you beat the story you can still collect everything in free roam. You also don't have to replay the games story more than once to recieve the Platinum. I might do a new game+ at some point, though. The game has an amazing story.

SummerHaze

I started playing CS:GO and follow csgo upcoming tournaments, want to take part in pro tournament. Plus I like to watch cs go tournaments they insire me a lot. I play a lot right now 'coz I want to improve my gaming skills and become a pro. It's so exciting.

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Well... I finished Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX last night. Honestly... I'm glad. This series frustrates, angers, annoys, stresses, and just does too much to me. It's getting sickening and I don't honestly think I can take it anymore. Because, once again, this game was WAY to god damn hard, harder than it needed to be, and was too hard for me (doesn't bode well for me completing Hollow Knight).

This BS didn't use to happen. It really didn't. I don't know what happened, or changed, or whatever, but something clearly did. What that is... well... I f-ing wish I knew that myself. I really do.

At this point... I think I'm probably done with this series. For good. It's extremely unfortunate too. Because, honestly, this was probably my favorite Pokemon spinoff series (unless Legends turns out to be GOD DAMN AMAZING). But I can't take the BS anymore. I honestly can't and I just don't f-ing want to anymore. I don't know if anymore games/remakes/whatever will be made... but if they are... I'm probably just going to watch a playthrough on YouTube/Twitch/whatever because it's become abundantly clear to me that I can't deal with this series and it's BS way-to-hard difficulty anymore. Sorry everyone.

Anyway it's been a long time coming... but I plan on starting Nier Automata tonight. When I played the demo when I heard too much about it... it was probably the most fun I've had playing a demo in a VERY long time, potentially ever. I'm going to try to get the Platinum (because it's a 3/10 difficulty according to another website I'm on) but some of the trophies are potentially grindy. So either I won't get it... or I'll resort to a certain... thing... that is in this game that I found out about during my 'attempting the Platinum' research.

Feel free to spam message me with E

actually please don't lol

Sounds like everyone here is playing Switch games (I think), it would be a shame if someone talks about a non-Switch game here.
So last Sunday I got EU4 (Europa Universalis 4) and HOI4 (Heart of Iron 4) on Steam since they were on sale.
I'm still kinda learning how to play these Paradox games that are Real-Time games with a pause button to micromanage, and there is a lot of micromanaging all over the place.
But a recent game on each of these games I've gotten better (took over Constantinople and a few Beyliks as the Ottomans) (Actually finally won a war, the Spanish Civil War as Nationalist Spain), but they became garbage playthroughs after a mistake in EU4 and dumb AI errors in HOI4, both can be summed up into 2 different memes that I will share:
2021-05-29_1.png
2021-05-30.png
Anyways, I'm at least having fun with these 2 games, I'd like to retry both games as the same country with the same goals, my goals (3 per) for each game are:
EU4 (As the Ottomans):
  • Capitulate Austria
  • Control all provinces around the Black Sea
  • Survive until 1821 with all the provinces you own and conquered
HOI4 (As Nationalist Spain):
  • Win the Spanish Civil War (did this last playthrough)
  • Get the "Nobody Expects..." Steam achievement
  • Capitulate Great Britain and the USA
My goals are pretty ambitious especially for games I'm just learning how to play, but at least they'll keep me busy :D

NeganTheSavior

Mass Effect Legendary Edition. I love this trilogy. Mass Effect 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. It has the best characters of the trilogy and it improved upon the first game in every conceivable way. Plus the suicide mission is probably the best final mission I've every played in a game. The choices you make have legitimate consequences and determine whether or not certain characters make it to ME3.

I love the ME3 still. Collecting War Assets is fun. I know the ending is a bit weak, but I still love the journey and being able to spend time with these characters.

Jacob is the only character I don't particularly care for, which seems to be a common consensus among the fandom, but he still has his moments.

Jack is probably my favorite character. My Shepard even ended up romancing her.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Playing miitopia on switch and enjoying all the diffrent miis u can get from people.
I’ve only played the demo so far but I’m pleased with who I made to become the Dark Lord. I think I’ll get the game right after Skyward Sword HD is released as an alternate game to play while I wait for Arceus and BDSP to be released and I save money to preorder those games.