• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Video Game are you currently playing?

RetroPokeFan

Over the Hedge (PlayStation 2)

2/5

Button masher: the DreamWorks movie tie-in edition.

No really, that's exactly all I felt whilst playing this one. You're just doing an endless array of button mashing for the most part even if there are a few short sections to break it up a bit.

As far as the DreamWorks games I've played goes, this is certainly nowhere near as good as say Madagascar.

Kinda cool that the game does it's own thing story wise rather than just adapt the film's plot though even if it is forgettable...

kinda like the movie itself which I hardly even remember at all. Not even the fact it had Bruce Willis in it.

Yeeeeaaahh..

RetroPokeFan

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania (Nintendo Switch)

4/5

A wonderful remaster of the 1, 2 and Deluxe content and a return to top form for the series reminding me of just how wonderful the classic games were.

It gets hard and frustrating, but in the good kind of hard and frustrating way that doesn't make you wanna go all crazy and throw your controller around the room. Whenever I reached a much harder level I didn't think I'd get pass, just seeing Aiai manage to make it to the goal always gets my heart pumping and leaves me satisfied.

And gee wilikers there's a lot of content in store for you including some nice QOL improvements, some special guest characters not just from Sega's library but some other franchises too, extra content and all the classic minigames returning from 1 and 2.

It isn't perfect with the physics feeling a little off than with the older games but if you're itching like a dog to get that good ol' fun Monkey Ball goodness, than Banana Mania will no doubt be a great time.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’m playing Lego Harry Potter on the Switch almost done with the first game and halfway through Year Four. Also getting into New Horizon Happy Home Paradise. I really am not that invested in the Kapp’n tours right now and am more focused on funding Harv’s Island shops. Just got Redd paid off and opened today and working on Tortimer and Leif next.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
GTA Definitive Edition
Started off with San Andreas, the city looks absolutely amazing! Some of the character models though... yikes! Denise is the worst contender so far

I got it on Xbox, I'll get the physical version for the Switch when it's released.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Got Shin Megami Tensei V. Was surprised to find out that the physical launch edition is a steelbook and man, it is one of the most beautiful art covers I've seen.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Completed Pokemon Platinum in just a whole week just now (game was played on a flashcart ofc and unfortunately)

Even ended the main story with 999999 in money. And yes I abuse the Amulet Coin and Luck Incense alot with essentially stealing a shitton from rematching the rich trainers and always using them for every other high paying trainer like Ace Trainers and obviously Gym Leaders.

Now to enter Sinnoh again with BDSP on Friday :3

Last edited:

wildcaml

re: member
kingdoms of amalur was free with playstation plus this month, and i didn’t expect myself to fall in love with it like i did :eek: mechanically, it’s basically skyrim lite, but in perpetual third person and with (in my opinion) better combat. but the environments are gorgeous, the characters and dialogue can be quite witty, and it’s got a day/night cycle which is always a plus in my book :D

i’ve made a fair bit of progress, but the world is quite large with a plethora of quests to finish. still got lots to do!

The Mega Champion

I finished Akiba's Beat last night. To be completely honest... I can't praise this game enough. I seriously can't. It was just so good and so fun. It's just unfortunate that it got so many bad/mixed reviews and that most others don't even try playing it. It's not like it's the worst game ever made. Is it perfect? Of course not. But I enjoyed the hell out of this game and I really wish more people would try it out and play it for themselves. It was so self-aware, funny, and just overall fun. Story was pretty decent too with some pretty shocking twists around the end of the game. This was probably the most fun game I've played all year since Ni No Kuni 2. Please please PLEASE try it out for yourself and don't listen to the reviews because reviews shouldn't be relied on to determine if games are good or not. Though something like this should be common sense by now.

It is what it is I suppose.

Either way... finally... AT LONG LAST... it's time everyone. It's finally time for me to play it. Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. I've heard so much about this one so I just hope it doesn't disappoint. However... I also have heard it's challenging. *sighs* So much for not struggling anymore... :(

Well... we'll find out soon I guess. Because I should be able to start playing it... tonight. :eek:

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I just finished defeating the Elite 4 for the first time in Pokemon: Brilliant Diamond. It sure was tough defeating them. Cynthia clearly is no pushover.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Been playing Pokemon Shield, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, The Castlevania Anniversary Collection and Digimon Cyber Sleuth lately.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Playing Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Pokemon BD.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Skyrim and Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl
Diamond's my main but I started Pearl since my gf also has Diamond and wants the exclusives

Pokefan_1987

Been playing Pokemon Shield, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, The Castlevania Anniversary Collection and Digimon Cyber Sleuth lately.
I played the Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth: Hackers Memory when it came on a disc relase and was cheap. It has flaws though.

-Extremely heavy on walls of dialogue, you cant fully skip the text only speed it up.
-Japanese Names don't always match english names
-No english voice-dubs
-Evolution lines and requirements for next steps are confusing.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I played the Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth: Hackers Memory when it came on a disc relase and was cheap. It has flaws though.

-Extremely heavy on walls of dialogue, you cant fully skip the text only speed it up.
-Japanese Names don't always match english names
-No english voice-dubs
-Evolution lines and requirements for next steps are confusing.

Yea... but it doesn't bother me tbh. Played some of it via the Vita version and had fun with it. Definitely worth the double buy to get the Switch version and have access to Hacker's Memory. Only paid $14.99 for it.

Best of all... it backs up to the Nintendo Switch online save cloud.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Xbox: COD: Vanguard, RDR2
PS4: Horizon Zero Dawn
Switch: Pokemon Sword, Pokemon Shining Pearl, New Pokemon Snap.

Playing Zero Dawn again to prepare for Forbidden West.

Forgot about Pokemon Sword after i beat gyms 3, 4 and 5 in one day. Trying to get back to it.
Beat Pokemon Snap for a 4th time, Finishing Lentalk missions in-between Pearl and Sword.

RDR2 is still just Poker, Blackjack or Dominos while playing Switch Games. Dont want to beat Chapter 3 because i know what happens :(

Pokefan_1987

Most of my games in my collection are just a backlog now. Brilliant Diamond has my attention. Only problems is that training wild pokemons after level 60 is a real pain.

joombo

Clash of Clans right now, love this game. I often play games online and I found best vpn app for android to protect my data while playing. Thanks to this app I can be calm that my mobile data is safe. Plus I have access to the blocked sites. It is the easiest way to protect data online.

Last edited: