• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Video Game are you currently playing?

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Rare Replay, Ducktales Remastered, Gotham Knights, Dead Space(2023)

I was playing and beat Banjo-Kazooie through Rare Replay, then i started just getting random achievements/stamps in the other 29 Games.

Was Gonna play through all 3 Tomb Raider Games, and i think im 75-80% through the first one. Reached Shipwreck beach for the first time.

But then i bought Gotham Knights and the new Dead Space Remake. and i bought Ducktales Remaster too.

Rare Replay is kinda on the back burner now, but im still trying to play 4 games at the same time.

"Beating Videogames" seems like it was just a February thing :p

Last edited:

vondecayle

Been playing Mario Kart 8, Crash Bandicoot 4 and Cruis'n blast.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Just finished the Magolor Epilogue in Kirby Return to Dreamland Deluxe, still had to clear Extra Mode and the eventual brutality of its True Arena but at least I don't have to worry about spoilers anymore.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Completed Hogwarts Legacy yesterday. Really enjoyed the game.

Now doing my second playthrough as an a-hole Huffelpuff.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Playing some more Scarlet version. Been having a lot of fun with it and the story has been surprisingly good. Also played BOTW on Wednesday before returning it back to the library yesterday. Got all the way to the Dueling Peaks stable, avoiding Boblikins. Just faced off against some Octorocks and Skeleton Boblikins.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm nearing the end of Banjo-Kazooie (NSOEP). I'm on the final level with collectables.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Picked up Sonic Frontiers again to play the new DLC. Any game with Live & Learn must be played

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Metroid Prime Remastered. I will say that the Parasite Queen theme song and Meta Ridley theme song are absolutely bonkers.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Just tried out Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy via my 3ds. It's pretty good so far.

vondecayle

I was playing Pokemon Sword yesterday. Trying to catch all the pokemon available in Dynamax adventures.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Kirby’s Return to Dreamland Deluxe and Kindergarten Buddy Edition. In Kirby, I 100% Magalor Epilogue and in Kindergarten I need to collect all of the Monstermon cards to get the secret endings. I did the alternate route for the Cain Is Not Able quest and killed Felix because I never really liked him when I saw YouTubers playing the game.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Was trying to finish the newest Gen 9 7 star raid (i did end up getting samurott in a trade for a Flutter Mane i got in a surprise hours earlier)

jhakmera

Right now I am playing racing fever . This is one of the greatest bike racing game that you played ever before in your life. There are many other games I have played before but this time I must say racing fever is next level. I just love its graphics

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

At long last... I FINALLY finished Tales of Xillia 2 last night. I'm sorry it took me so long. I really am. But it's hard to play games when you have a job. It really is. Sometimes I can play it... sometimes I can't. Plus sometimes I feel like I just don't have enough time to play it or other things come up that prevent me from playing it.

All that really matters... is I finally finished it. There's A LOT I could say. There really is. But I don't want this to turn into a text wall. So I'll try to just discuss key points. First of all... this game isn't as good as the first game. I'm sorry but it's just not. Is it bad? Not really. However... the story drags once you hid the midpoint of the game and becomes incredible repetitive. Luckily, for me at least, it wasn't as bad as the repetitiveness that occurs in Tales of Graces and is actually a little better and makes things a bit more unique and interesting than that game. But it definitely plateaus and feels unnecessarily padded. But I'm unbelievably persistent. So I point myself through it. But not everyone can do that obviously. In the end... it was worth it due to a major story point that happens later. Which got me interested and invested in it again. But it does take to long. Not only that... but things are massively contradicted from the characters in this game from what happened in the last game. I'd have to give spoilers to delve futher, and I won't, but just know that things that were story points in the main game are contradicted in this game and it seems like hypocrisy. The game tries to justify it and I suppose it does so and it's one of those 'but thou must' situations but things are still massively contradicted.

Also... silent MC's don't work for this franchise. I'm sorry but they just don't. For me at least. That's what the MC (Ludger) is. A silent MC. For the most part. He's not silent for 100% of the game. I'd put it more around the 90% range in terms of his silence. Have I been babied with the other games and the MCs always talking? Sure you could say that. But it just becomes really obvious with this game that silent MCs just don't work for Tales of. Also... the other major character... the child... (Elle) is honestly and probably the most annoying character I've ever experienced in the entirely of the Tales of franchise and I'd even go as far as to say the most annoying character I've seen in games in quite a long time. She's a brat. I'm sorry but she just is. She has her moments and I'll give her that and some of the battle victory stuff with her is great and hilarious but that doesn't make up for how annoying and how much of a brat she is. Sorry this is just how I feel. It's no wonder I got the first ending that I got.

I liked the 'mini Social Links' this game did though. I even feel like this game gave better character development for the characters than the first game did because of this. It makes me feel like this should have been in the first game. So better job there.

Overall... there are definitely A LOT of problems with this game. But it's also very similar to Final Fantasy 13-2. So if you liked that game then you'll more than likely like this game too. At the end of the day it's up to you what you do. Do I recommend it? I would still say yes but I'm the type of person who feels obligated to play sequels when they are made. I don't really think it's something you can just ignore and act like it doesn't exist. You can do that if you want obviously but the game does have good moments and better character development than the first game while being harder than the first game (at least for me anyway. Or I was just **** at the game. Assume the latter for now I guess)

But it's up to you at the end of the day obviously. I would still say it's worth a look. Here's my updated Tales of list. Just know that I'm done with this franchise until Arise. Oh and it's an overall list. If I was to do, say, a list for the stories of the game... it would be a completely different list. Same for gameplay, etc.

Abyss
Berseria
Xillia
Xillia 2
Graces f
Symphonia
Zestiria
Symphonia 2
Vesperia

Next up... I'm finally back to current gen (sort of) with PS4. I'm finally getting around to pandemic games. Persona 5 Strikers is next and I'm hoping to begin it tonight but we'll see.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
So an update to my last post. I finally finished Labyrinth of galleria. It took me 159 hours and some change to get to the end and beat the actual final boss (there are a couple bosses that pretend to be the final boss, but are not). It took me about ten attempts to take the last boss down, because I had to keep tweaking my Coven setup until I got something that worked.

This was a fantastic game. I highly recommend it to anyone that likes JRPGs, if for no other reason than because of how different the story is from what you normally see in these games. There is some grinding, but not nearly as much as you might think and there are ways to do it fast. Most of the time I spent on the game was actual game and not grinding (and many hours of cutscenes).

If you like games like Etrian Odyssey, it's almost like this is the 'big kids' version'.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Just trying to kill the Omega Pirate in Metroid Prime Remastered is an absolute nightmare. Any tips or tricks will be much appreciated.

Ryker101

Been playing more smash ultimate and violet. It’s fun battling people online and I’d like to get more into the competitive scene. Just hard to find time nowadays