• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Video Game are you currently playing?

The Mega Champion

It is with a heavy heart... that I announce that I have officially dropped Balan Wonderworld. This piece of **** game (which is putting it nicely) really is as bad as everyone claimed it to be. It really is.

I hate having to do this too. I really do. Because this is just not something I do. It really isn't. I tend to finish what I start. But I just couldn't with this. I really couldn't. I don't even remember the last time I did this... it's very possible I've never done this. EVER. So what does that tell you? Exactly.

I could go on and on about how bad this game is. But to make this as short as possible... nothing in this game makes sense. Period. It really doesn't. This is not how platformers are supposed to work. It's an absolute NIGHTMARE for collectibles, especially for someone like me who likes to get, or try to get, them. I hate it when people are right. I really do. I hate being in the 'majority' but clearly everyone is right. Doesn't make the situation or make me feel any better.

So whose to blame? It's not 100% Square Enix like everyone wants to point to. Yuji Naka is known to be unbelievably nitpicky and difficult to work with. So, for me at least, it's 50/50 between him and Square Enix. So I don't want to hear that it was fully Square Enix. That's BS. But whatever. The fact that this finally happened to me, and with this, tells you all you need to know really.

Last time this happened... I found a replacement. But I had money to do so at that time. I don't now. So everything just moves up. I took a little bit of a 'break' to recover from this. Nier Replicant is up next for me and it may start as soon as tonight. If I feel like it I guess. I may need more time. We'll see.

urrutiap

playing Metroid Prime 1 for my Gamecube this weekend.

Thursday night i was playing the game all night even up to 4 in the morning for Friday

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
It is with a heavy heart... that I announce that I have officially dropped Balan Wonderworld. This piece of **** game (which is putting it nicely) really is as bad as everyone claimed it to be. It really is.

I hate having to do this too. I really do. Because this is just not something I do. It really isn't. I tend to finish what I start. But I just couldn't with this. I really couldn't. I don't even remember the last time I did this... it's very possible I've never done this. EVER. So what does that tell you? Exactly.

I could go on and on about how bad this game is. But to make this as short as possible... nothing in this game makes sense. Period. It really doesn't. This is not how platformers are supposed to work. It's an absolute NIGHTMARE for collectibles, especially for someone like me who likes to get, or try to get, them. I hate it when people are right. I really do. I hate being in the 'majority' but clearly everyone is right. Doesn't make the situation or make me feel any better.

So whose to blame? It's not 100% Square Enix like everyone wants to point to. Yuji Naka is known to be unbelievably nitpicky and difficult to work with. So, for me at least, it's 50/50 between him and Square Enix. So I don't want to hear that it was fully Square Enix. That's BS. But whatever. The fact that this finally happened to me, and with this, tells you all you need to know really.

Last time this happened... I found a replacement. But I had money to do so at that time. I don't now. So everything just moves up. I took a little bit of a 'break' to recover from this. Nier Replicant is up next for me and it may start as soon as tonight. If I feel like it I guess. I may need more time. We'll see.
From what I hear Balan wasn't even a result of a lot of restrictions or development hell, just some intentional but really, really bad design decisions

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Xbox: Dead Space 2023 (NG+), Kameo(Rare Replay)
Switch: Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Since last post, i finally finished Dead Space. Now I'm playing New game plus for the Secret Ending. Already read about it, but there's an achievement for it :D Also set it to Story Difficulty so i can get the Plasma Cutter achievement.

Kameo is to get more "Stamps" for Rare Replay, I'll get all of them some day ;)

Also started and Finished Ty the Tasmanian Tiger HD. Recently Found out it had 3 sequels, though only the first 2 games are on Xbox

The main one is Zelda TotK though. I'm definitely not creative enough for what i've seen, but i can still do Breath of the Wild style.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Mostly TotK but I’m throwing in some SV and Metroid Dread in the mix and still doing my daily check ins for New Horizons and Pokemon Cafe.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Been making time for Tears of the Kingdom despite my busy work schedule. I have about 60 hours logged in so far. The Diablo 4 early access has started as well, and I just started playing that tonight as well. I'll be juggling both of these games for quite a while.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Pokemon Scarlet. Been mostly item gathering, but I've been having a lot of fun with the game.

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Been playing the Pixel Remaster of Final Fantasy V on Switch. Had played the first 4 on PC, but time made it harder to get around to the last two. Fortunately made easier now that I can take the games on the go. Only ever played the PS1 port of the game before (with the terrible load times). Honestly pretty underrated entry in the franchise. It's the most ambitious the class system ever got in the series.

Also been slowly playing through the 2018 God of War. I got it on sale a while back, but just recently started playing since I got a PS5 with my tax return money and it came bundled with God of War: Ragnarok. Actually never played any of the earlier God of War games, but I'm really enjoying this one. How it incorporates mythology into the story is really interesting.

And of course still messing around in Pokemon Scarlet. It's easy to just get lost in that game.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Finally got to start playing the new Switch version of the Oregon Trail. Love it so far. The controls work well and hunting is easy enough to learn.

Also played some other games.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Finally got to start playing the new Switch version of the Oregon Trail. Love it so far. The controls work well and hunting is easy enough to learn.
I love this version too! I played the Apple II version growing up and I always had difficulty with the hunting controls and missing the targets 90% of the time. My party often died of starvation because I couldn’t hunt enough food. Now I am getting too much that I keep running out of ammo but I make it to the end with most of my party still alive a lot more. Even the floating down the river rapids mini game is better in this version as the Apple II always killed everyone left for me.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I usually don't post this quickly between Posts here, but i finished both Dead Space Remake and Kameo.

Dead Space was a speed run on NG+. With Fully Upgraded Plasma Cutter and Story Difficulty. Only achievement left is Impossible Mode, which i have no hope of doing.

Kameo was really short, could have beat it in one day if i didn't stop myself. Have no way to do the "A Rank" level achievements. Leaves me with 50 Gamerscore away for the last Rare Replay Stamp.

I have like 100+ games i want to play and dozens i want to buy, but for now its

Xbox: Borderlands Goty Edition, Fall Guys
Switch: Zelda Totk, and N64 Pokemon Stadium
PS4: Spyro Reignited Trilogy

i'm not very good at New Zelda. Keep having to look up solutions to Shrines and Side Quests. and just generally getting lost

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

After what probably took WAY longer than it should have... Nier Replicant (PS4) has FINALLY been completed and the Platinum has been obtained.

First of all... I'd be lying if I said that getting this Platinum didn't kind of 'ruin' my experience with this game. Because this Platinum was probably the WORST Platinum I've EVER attempted and done.

However... if you take the frustration I had with the Platinum away... (which you could legitimately make the excuse and argument I can and absolutely should do) this was an absolutely AMAZING game and experience and GREAT game overall. It really was. When I experienced everything this game had to offer for the first time (when I wasn't worried about certain trophies) it was just OUTSTANDING. I suppose the question now is... is it better than Automata? I thought about this... I really did... and I'd say... it isn't. I'm sorry but it's just not. But that's a tough bar to cross and shouldn't be held against it. Which I don't. Obviously. Automata's 'endings' were all so different than each other... that they honestly and really did feel like completely new experiences and even new games overall. Replicant... only had some slight cutscene differences with some new cutscenes overall. Things didn't really become 'new' until Ending E. So it just can't compare. But it can't really be held against it either. Also... unlike Automata... there weren't any 'joke' endings either (though I'd say this was a good thing) but obviously that also means there weren't any 'funny' endings either. Both games did an UNBELIEVABLE job when it came to making me care and feel things about 'side characters' that I don't tend to feel in other games or even overall in general.

To me though... and again obviously this is just me... things were pretty gray in Automata. But it was pretty clear, again to me at least, where most fault lied in Replicant. Yes it's been explained to me so don't even bother. I still don't feel any differently. Sorry but I just don't. I don't care what the Shades really are. They were clearly in the wrong here. But I get that the Nier series has a 'morally gray' area overall. I just couldn't and didn't feel sorry for them. Sorry. I just didn't. But again just me.

The reason my experience was 'ruined' was because of the material grinding for the weapon upgrading (I'd go as far as it say it's ten times worse than it is in Automata) and the kind of ridiculous speedrunning stuff. But overall... I'd say this game is officially the game that I've played this year that has 'stood out' the most for me. Though... considering what I've played this year so far... that's not really saying much and says more bad than good. Especially with half the year basically over already. But obviously there's still six months left so that can and possibly will change. We'll see obviously.

Do I recommend this game? Absolutely I do. Just be warned that if you attempt the Platinum like I did... it's likely going to ruin your experience. I'm not saying don't do it. Do whatever you want. You can clearly see I managed to get the Platinum. I'm just saying this a thing to keep in mind if you want the Platinum bad enough.

Next up for me... is Biomutant. Which I will also be attempting the Platinum for. I just hope it isn't as bad as this one was. A lot of mixed reviews for this one. But just 'mixed' and not 'mostly bad' like Balan did. So hopefully I can get through this one. I may be able to start it as soon as tonight.

Last edited: