• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What Video Game series Would You Like To see Revived ?

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
As we all now , There are quite a few game series that are getting revived this year. Like the Kid Icarus series after a long 21 years (probably might be 26 years for Japan if they didn't get Of Myths and Monsters) and Pikmin after 8 years. Just thought about how it would be a good topic of discussion after talking to my friend about Uprising during World Civics. Now before there is anything come up about it being moved into the Nintendo Discussion part of the forums , This discussion does include any game series from any developer. Just doing this since I thought about other non-Nintendo series that need to be revived. Like NBA Elite for example

But anyways , The two main series that I would like to see revived soon is F-Zero and Earthbound. Yeah I know that both series got a new game in each series for the Game Boy Advance , but they haven't localized MOTHER 3 outside of Japan without being on a emulator. Though F-Zero would be great for the Wii U since of how it would look really nice in HD while Earthbound just needs to have a localized version of MOTHER 3 for Virtual Console or a Super Mario All Stars type of package including all 3 games in the series for the 25th anniversary in 2014.

Last edited:

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Like the Kid Icarus series after a long 11 years (probably might be 26 years for Japan if they didn't get Of Myths and Monsters) and Pikmin after 8 years.

21 years. 21 years. It was 91 when Myth and Monsters came out. This is the second time I've seen this mistake in three weeks.

metagrody6

COMO UN JEFE
Although it may not be 'dead', TWEWY needs a sequel.

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
While not dead, the Mega Man series seems to be algging behind. I know it can practically be good only in 8-bit, but it takes 2 years to make an 8 bit game? Really?

ForeverFlame

Final Fantasy Tactics. It's been 4/5 years since A2 and 5 since WoTL. Right now Yoshida is working on Bravely Default, but a 3DS FFT revival is definitely feasible after Bravely Default comes out.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Guess I'd miscalculated about how long it has been since there was a Kid Icarus game. It though is now fixed. That actually does make the second time I miscalculated in the first post. The other was Pikmin when I had it was 7 instead of 8 years. Guess that I still thought it was 2011 or something.

Other than that , A new Earthworm Jim would be nice. It would be even nicer if Rockstar games publishes it like how the published Earthworm Jim 3D. Yeah , That Rockstar games that has made games like Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption. Though it would probably be developed by the same company that has published the other games in the series. A company like Nintendo , Sega , or CAPCOM would be fine to develop it if the original developer is out of business now.

Fenix

Tremulant
Although it may not be 'dead', TWEWY needs a sequel.
I heartily endorse this event or product.

I would like to see another story-based single player-focused Unreal game. I really liked Unreal II: The Awakening but apparently no one played it so they ditched the idea and went all Unreal Tournament.

Also, I know the X-com reboot is coming so this is going to be highly improbable, but I would really love a new Alpha Centauri game. Best Sid Meier game imo.

Oh, and, even though the Telltale Games made Tales of Monkey Island weren't bad in any shape of form, I would really love to see a proper new Monkey Island game. One of my favourite series. Speaking of LucasArts and adventures, A Grim Fandango sequel would be sweet too.

Anoth- OKAY I will stop.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
I'd like to see a new Gauntlet game that isn't garbage.

Rakurai

I'd like to see the Mana series make a comeback.

They ought to at least release a remake of the third game in the series, as it was generally regarded as the best of them.

Cobalt_Latios

MechWarrior, or another SimCity game. A proper SimCity game.

I'd also say RollerCoaster Tycoon, if it weren't for the fact that there's going to be a 3DS version coming out sometime this year.

Mankanshoku Mako

Earthbound just needs to have a localized version of MOTHER 3 for Virtual Console or a Super Mario All Stars type of package including all 3 games in the series for the 25th anniversary in 2014.

Earthbound and Mother 3 can't recieve an American release because of copyright issues. Even if a collection was released, Japan would be the only place to see it.

SEGA needs to make a sequel to Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg.