• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the biggest "wtf" moments in the anime for you?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Seeing how much effort the writers put into Ash and Cameron looking completely ignorant to anything Pokémon related in BW.

Sonnas

Ash's Charizard losing to Brandon's Dusclops

The biggest powerhouse Ash had OS-BW,most legitimate training.How do you go from beating the likes of Clair's Dragonair,half of Gary's team plus his Blastoise and outlasting an Articuno.......to this?
I feel like they made him lose just to have Squirtle and Bulbasaur be in it more considering he already showed up in the first BF battle.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
It was mostly Satoshi's fault that Lizardon lost since as I said before, he inexplicitly forgot that Fighting-type moves don't work on Ghost-types. Had he not made that rather out of character mistake when he ordered Lizardon to use Seismic Toss, he probably would've won.
I don't think that's a good enough reason for having him job to a pokemon he should have been more than capable of defeating.
I feel like they made him lose just to have Squirtle and Bulbasaur be in it more considering he already showed up in the first BF battle.
That would make sense,I was getting that vibe with Pikachu but the writers were better off not bringing Charizard back if they were just going to have it be the sacrifical lamb,they did him dirty.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sonnas said:

That's also a possibility. In a way I'm glad that Lizardon lost since I dislike it when the writers rely on him too much, so at least him losing allowed Zenigame and Fushigidane to do more.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
The episode where Ash was possessed by an ancient king and he battle Brandon using Sceptile WHILE POSSESSED
One of the weirdest battles, but the highlight was Sceptile being ordered to HIDE BEHIND THE REFEREE to avoid a Hyper Beam
Not even Paul would come up with something like this

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
The episode where Ash was possessed by an ancient king and he battle Brandon using Sceptile WHILE POSSESSED
One of the weirdest battles, but the highlight was Sceptile being ordered to HIDE BEHIND THE REFEREE to avoid a Hyper Beam
Yeah probably but he did order Chimchar to attack it's teammate Turtwig during the Hearthome City Tag Battle Tournament.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Bortgreen said:

Shinji wouldn't have done something that underhanded from my viewpoint. I always thought of him as somewhat of a jerk, but not the kind of person who would've pulled off a plan to win a battle in such a desperate manner.

game3524

It was less about Bulbasaur and Squirtle and more about giving Pikachu the spotlight. Really, they should have just flipped the spots, have Pikachu take on Articuno and then have Charizard fight Regice.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
It was less about Bulbasaur and Squirtle and more about giving Pikachu the spotlight. Really, they should have just flipped the spots, have Pikachu take on Articuno and then have Charizard fight Regice.
Whether Pikachu got the spotlight against Regice or against Articuno wouldn't have mattered because it wasn't believable,all DEM nonsense.Pikachu did not go through the proper amount of development and training like Charizard did to pull off such feats.

game3524

Whether Pikachu got the spotlight against Regice or against Articuno wouldn't have mattered because it wasn't believable,all DEM nonsense.Pikachu did not go through the proper amount of development and training like Charizard did to pull off such feats.

It is not ideal.

But it would have saved them from having Charizard having to job in some unbelievable way and not have Ash look like an idiot.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
It was believable. Pikachu fought more opponents than literally any other of Ash's Pokemon. Three quarters of Charizard's training was offscreen.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
It was believable. Pikachu fought more opponents than literally any other of Ash's Pokemon.
Didn't go through the same development and training as Charizard and was never a main pokemon like Sceptile,Infernape and Grenjnja were.Going from it's performance at Hoenn League to shortly after "defeating" an Articuno is not belivable,same thing with Regice.Pikachu is most experienced (with Ash) but it isn't the strongest.

Three quarters of Charizard's training was offscreen.
Charicific Valley Training >>> Ash's Kanto Training

Charicific Valley Training >>> Ash's Johto Training

Charicific Valley Training >>> Ash's Hoenn Training

Charicific Valley Training >>> Ash's Sinnoh Training

Charicific Valley Training >>> Ash's Unova Training

Charicific Valley Traning >>> Ash's Kalos Training

Charicific Valley Training >>> Ash's Alola Training

If Ash was such a great trainer he wouldn't have needed to send Charizard,Primape and Gliscor off to someone else to train them.Snorlax was already a powerhouse before joining his team,Ash couldn't beat Paul without the reliance of Blaze (something he said he wouldn't use).Charizard's results from Charicific Valley is better than anything from any of Ash's other pokemon.It is the equivalence of coming out of the hyperbolic time chamber.Charizard would not be as strong as it is now if it stayed with Ash or on Professor Oak's ranch.There's also other trainers that have a case over Ash when it comes to pure training (Paul/Alain/Virgil/Tyson)

GMax Helios

Oh yeah, remember when Ash caught a Dragonite? Not a Dratini. Not a Dragonair. An actual fully evolved Dragonite. Yeah, these past years have been Ash breaking trends.

Pikachu not being reset
Didn't catch a water type in Alola
Caught (and kept) an actual legendary
Became Champion
Beat an actual deity
And now caught a pseudo legend in its final evoution

I'd also love to see some moments between Charizard and Dragonite. Not to mention Charizard is no stranger to Dragonites.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
When I realized we were getting a watered-down/creative censored version of the anime in West during early XY. I always knew the openings were different in Japan, but not the bgm. I remember I watched the sneak peek in Spanish because it aired two days after Japan and I liked it a lot so I tried to watch episode 3 in Japanese since I didn't want to wait. When the real airing of the episodes started and went back to watch it in my language (which was always my first choice and it still is if there's no TPCi butchering like in M21), I felt something was wrong, it didn't feel as good. Then I compared and... Yeah, you know the rest.

So yeah, I could say my biggest wtf moment was re-watching Ash catching Fletchling and not feeling what was supposed to be a really cool scene.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Didn't go through the same development and training as Charizard and was never a main pokemon like Sceptile,Infernape and Grenjnja were.Going from it's performance at Hoenn League to shortly after "defeating" an Articuno is not belivable,same thing with Regice.Pikachu is most experienced (with Ash) but it isn't the strongest.

Charicific Valley Training >>> Ash's Kanto Training

Charicific Valley Training >>> Ash's Johto Training

Charicific Valley Training >>> Ash's Hoenn Training

Charicific Valley Training >>> Ash's Sinnoh Training

Charicific Valley Training >>> Ash's Unova Training

Charicific Valley Traning >>> Ash's Kalos Training

Charicific Valley Training >>> Ash's Alola Training

If Ash was such a great trainer he wouldn't have needed to send Charizard,Primape and Gliscor off to someone else to train them.Snorlax was already a powerhouse before joining his team,Ash couldn't beat Paul without the reliance of Blaze (something he said he wouldn't use).Charizard's results from Charicific Valley is better than anything from any of Ash's other pokemon.It is the equivalence of coming out of the hyperbolic time chamber.Charizard would not be as strong as it is now if it stayed with Ash or on Professor Oak's ranch.There's also other trainers that have a case over Ash when it comes to pure training (Paul/Alain/Virgil/Tyson)
Pikachu IS the strongest, whether or not you want to admit it. You can insist the valley training is somehow greater than literally 7 regions of training all you want, but that doesn't make it true. Pikachu isn't a main Pokemon, he is THE main Pokemon.

Sham

The Guardian of War
A moment for me is definitely hearing Misty’s VA in Sun and Moon and questioning why she sounded so much like May. It’s like she wasn’t even trying to differ the voices.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Pikachu IS the strongest, whether or not you want to admit it.
Greninja with it's ability and Charizard in it's base are stronger,Haxachu isn't in the discussion unless we're counting it's DEM moments or when it used Z-Move.
You can insist the valley training is somehow greater than literally 7 regions of training

What training? Lol Ash wasn't really training that mouse till around Hoenn when he was getting it to learn Iron Tail,each new series he gradually got more consistent at training his pokemon.
Pikachu isn't a main Pokemon, he is THE main Pokemon.
At the beginning of each new series is when it's usually the main pokemon,but mid way-end of the series no.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
A moment for me is definitely hearing Misty’s VA in Sun and Moon and questioning why she sounded so much like May. It’s like she wasn’t even trying to differ the voices.
Thats because that certain va isn't a very good va at all. Its like they picked her randomly off the street when the va switch happened.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The way I see it is Pikachu is the strongest of Ash’s unevolved Pokémon. Strongest fully evolved Pokémon without relying on any Abilities are Charizard since it has been put onto Ash’s main team more than once after it trained with the other Charizard, and Greninja for how it could turn into Ash Greninja and be stronger while transformed but it also could hold its own in battle without changing forms.