• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the biggest "wtf" moments in the anime for you?

SerenaRulez

If I remember correctly, Mizuho left Takeshi and his siblings behind so that she could pursue her own dreams. I can't remember if this was before or after Muno had left the family, however.

If she left while Brock's dad was also gone I'll lose some respect for her because no mother should leave her kids without at least one parent present. :(

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Pikachu defeating Brock's Onix with an Electric-type attack or Pirate Trainer's Golem in the 1st movie with Thunder.

Yeah that was bullcrap. The Onix situation I could maybe let slide because that happened in the 5th episode when maybe the writing staff didn't know better... but the Golem scene from the 1st movie was inexcusable.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
Yeah that was bullcrap. The Onix situation I could maybe let slide because that happened in the 5th episode when maybe the writing staff didn't know better... but the Golem scene from the 1st movie was inexcusable.

I consider both instances to be cases of early series syndrome, and I was glad that the remake replaced Raymond's Golonya with a Sleepe. That was probably the only change from the first movie remake that I liked.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
I'd consider the onyx/golem thing ok; the anime needn't follow the games exactly, & the heat generated by lightning should have some effect on rock.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RafaSceptile said:
Alain's last minute badges in less than 10 episodes

How is that strange? Given his reputation as one of the strongest trainers in Kalos and the fact that he had a Pokemon that was capable of flying him wherever he wanted, the idea that Alan could win eight badges in a short span of time wasn't unrealistic or particularly problematic.

pacman000

When rewatching the series, the opening to the first episode, where they showed the game turn into the anime, caught me off guard. I remembered the show as fairly simply animated, & that shot had a lot more movement than I expected. Ditto for a later shot in the episode, where the camera zooms in on Spearow's eye.

Also, I didn't remember seeing that opening on Kids WB. Did they cut it?

RafaSceptile

How is that strange? Given his reputation as one of the strongest trainers in Kalos and the fact that he had a Pokemon that was capable of flying him wherever he wanted, the idea that Alan could win eight badges in a short span of time wasn't unrealistic or particularly problematic.

Ash: 122 Episodes
Alain: 7 Episodes

It is a wtf moment by the number of episodes, not by the fact that Alain won

pacman000

I might’ve missed it, but there is a reason they might’ve removed it: their stations we’re using Pokemon as part of their FCC mandated E/I programming. Including the clip might’ve made the episode seem too much like an ad for the games. (That’s why the 80’s Pac-Man cartoon couldn’t use sound FX from the games.)

Leonhart

Imagineer
pacman000 said:
I might’ve missed it, but there is a reason they might’ve removed it: their stations we’re using Pokemon as part of their FCC mandated E/I programming. Including the clip might’ve made the episode seem too much like an ad for the games. (That’s why the 80’s Pac-Man cartoon couldn’t use sound FX from the games.)

I do think it might've varied from station to station, because I remember seeing the first episode's intro scene in the dub a long time ago when it aired on Kids' WB, but it could've easily been removed from its airing on Kids' WB's affiliated stations.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan