1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What was the biggest "wtf" moments in the anime for you?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Sham, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Caulifla v.s. _______

She should have caught it

2. game3524

game3524 Well-Known Member

Off-topic, but I miss Iris. I would watch a buddy cop duo with her and Dawn.

3. Sham

Sham Someone is calling us

I didn’t really understand Serena’s haircut scene. She lost one Showcase due to a minor mistake and it was her first shot at it. Why did we need an emotional crying scene and a haircut? They could of at least showed us, her losing a couple and struggling to stay interested in them. It felt cheap and there were no stakes in it because she literally just began doing them.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  4. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

I think that the writers just wanted to remind players of XY that you can cut your trainer’s hair.

5. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

The biggest missed opportunity here was exploiting the trainer customization through Serena.

It.

Was.

RIGHT.

THERE.

But NO. She stuck to the default trainer look and then an unobtainable look that made her look like an original character altogether. The outfits at showcases don't count since that was always a thing.

6. AznKei

AznKei Badass girls saving their boyfriends. XD

Because it's a Japanese thing to cut your hair to start your life anew or to protest something you don't like, even though the region and the people are based in France.

As for the crying scene, her outburst is kinda exaggerated to me, but being embarrassed to your loss is something I can relate, especially in front of a huge audience, no matter your experiences towards the goal.
    I didn't bother to customize her when I played Pokemon Y. Then again, I wasn't into fashion stuffs so I didn't customize characters from the other franchises outside of their default ones, unless I'm being forced to do so.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  7. AuraChannelerChris

Reminder all this happened because her Fennekin tripped once.

Reminder that happened to Eevee. AGAIN.

Both times, that made her lose. After that, she was set to win, until she lost legitimately...because you can't just compete against a massively-established fanbase when yours tops 3 or 4 people.

8. AznKei

Well, yeah it's because of her Pokemons but you have to remember this is still teamwork, just like any team sports where everyone is to blame for their losses not only a specific person.

Also, Serena made Fennekin's ribbon too long so it was more prone to be tripped, and it was Eevee/Sylveon 1st showcases which the Pokemon couldn't overcome its stage fright yet so there's still risks and consequences of her actions.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  9. AuraChannelerChris

I know that. It's just, her biggest loses were because someone tripped once, not because her performance was legitimately slightly worse than the others. I blame the fact she started her goal halfway through the region, which didn't give her enough chances to exhibit her stuff.

10. AznKei

This meme reeks divisions among the fans in general. I'm seeing this for Ash shippings and was used outside of Pokemon too, like the "Marvel vs Capcom Infinite" vs "DragonBall FighterZ" fiasco. I doubt the artist from the picture even cares about any of these stuffs.

11. Kazuniya

Kazuniya Reading some posts

I totally get it, to be honest.

Imagine this. You don't know what you want to do with your life, you have no proper goal, but then finally, you find something that makes you genuinely excited, something you can be passionate about. It's your first Showcase ever, and THEN, before you can give it your all, you lose the entire thing because of something as stupid as miscalculating the length of the ribbons. It's honestly such an embarrassingly stupid way to lose and get disqualified right off the bat, I would probably also be quite upset.

Also, I think the crying was intensified by her trying to hold in her sadness throughout the entire thing, so when she was by herself, she was able to let it all out. Pretending to be totally okay with losing certainly didn't help.

Sham and AznKei like this.
  12. AznKei

The way I see it, it's more of the fact that the fans who didn't like her are questionning her behavior like some kind of discrimination. I mean if she wanted to cry I most likely let her be and don't forcing my standards into her on how she should behave/handle things.

13. Kazuniya

Kazuniya Reading some posts

I mean, that's also true. Some people are more sensitive than others, and that's perfectly okay. I wouldn't judge a random person for "overreacting" to something I consider to be minor. Though in Serena's case it's not exactly minor.

SerGoldenhandtheJust and AznKei like this.
  14. AuraChannelerChris

Lysandre just disappeared in a low budget spin animation. Bonnie didn't "kill" him. Even some of them wonder where he went, so they know he didn't evaporate.

...Which...is all kinds of weird, really.

15. game3524

game3524 Well-Known Member

All I am getting from this is that showcases were dumb and they should have gave Serena a better goal.

Serena should have been Ash's rival, I will die on that hill. Make her Ash's rival and give her Frookie as her signature and we are cooking with something IMO.

16. Dragalge

Dragalge Ancient Gilbert

I’m not trying to get on XY but at the same time, I still can’t believe Ash gets hurt even after he perfected the Synchro thing with Greninja. Having that go away would have been another good indicator that they got past those troubles but nah let’s add it because “it’s cool to get hurt in an anime!!!”

17. GMax Helios

GMax Helios Member

Ash gets hurt because they are liked together. Think of it like 1 being in 2 bodies. That's not something even mastery will get rid of. Or is it? I don't know, every time I can think of a situation like this, it was never overcome.

Ubermuk likes this.
  18. Sham

Sham Someone is calling us

Another hill I'm going to fall off is we should of known something wasn't right with XY when Ash jumped off the Eiffel Tower. Who was that for? I realize that Pikachu and him have a strong bond but committing suicide wasn't going to save him and let's ignore the fact Pikachu has been thrown around and smashed into walls constantly prior. Wh0's to say that fall would of even killed him? It just seemed pointless and "badass" for the sake of it.

Bortgreen, satopi and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  19. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Caulifla v.s. _______

big wtf moment; Lillie not being the dream crusher in the league. I would have loved to see this happen :/

wolf jani, Sham and TheWanderingMist like this.
  20. Dragalge

Dragalge Ancient Gilbert

She can just crush Ash in the world championships.