• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the biggest "wtf" moments in the anime for you?

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
One big wtf moment in the anime that I can think of is how fast Charmeleon had evolved into a Charizard. It was just a few episodes ago, maybe not even that, in which Charmander had evolved into Charmeleon. Talk about a fast evolution!

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
This meme reeks divisions among the fans in general. I'm seeing this for Ash shippings and was used outside of Pokemon too, like the "Marvel vs Capcom Infinite" vs "DragonBall FighterZ" fiasco. I doubt the artist from the picture even cares about any of these stuffs.

I agree. Tho I wonder why my comment you quoted was deleted earlier. I didn't mean to insult or flame anyone, it was just in regards to that meme which sowed hatred instead of positivity. Really wish the mods communicated more.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
The Team Flare Arc. I mean you got give credit to Lysandre to think and plan such a plot+a way to prison Ash-Greninja for a while. How he betrayed Alain.

At most I can say that Fuladari planned things out better than most other villainous team leaders in the sense that he was playing the long con while manipulating Alain. He was also more brutal towards Satoshi than most villains in the past, so there's also that.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I didn’t really understand Serena’s haircut scene. She lost one Showcase due to a minor mistake and it was her first shot at it. Why did we need an emotional crying scene and a haircut? They could of at least showed us, her losing a couple and struggling to stay interested in them. It felt cheap and there were no stakes in it because she literally just began doing them.

The discussion has shifted from this, but at the time I was so impressed by that moment. I thought it made perfect sense, but as the years go on, it really has...aged, to put it lightly. Yeah, it’s established that Serena is impulsive and bites off more than she can chew, but it’s so melodramatic without enough buildup that it comes off kind of cheesy and forced in by the writers to make us feel something. I still liked the moment but a lot of what the writers were trying to do with her has aged poorly.

I laughed my ass off when Ash got possessed by that evil king. It was so unexpected and weird in the best way possible, moreso that the episode was taking it so seriously. Top 10 moments in Pokémon free

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
The discussion has shifted from this, but at the time I was so impressed by that moment. I thought it made perfect sense, but as the years go on, it really has...aged, to put it lightly. Yeah, it’s established that Serena is impulsive and bites off more than she can chew, but it’s so melodramatic without enough buildup that it comes off kind of cheesy and forced in by the writers to make us feel something. I still liked the moment but a lot of what the writers were trying to do with her has aged poorly.

I laughed my ass off when Ash got possessed by that evil king. It was so unexpected and weird in the best way possible, moreso that the episode was taking it so seriously. Top 10 moments in Pokémon free
Yeah, they did it better with Dawn, with she becoming depressed after a few losses and not just one

And yeah the Pokelantis episode was priceless

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Add the fact both Ash and Pikachu knew how to pull off the dance, when previously they always had to rehearse to get it right.
Indeed. That said, I am glad it's permanent now since it helps Pikachu solidify as Ash's strongest Pokemon even more (until G-Max Pikachu defeats Eternatus in which Fatchu would beat out 10-M Pikachu)

EmeraldArcanine

#TeamScorbunny
The whole pika z crystal is a big wtf imo.

Like why is it the only special z crystal that appeared at random when other don’t?
Add the fact both Ash and Pikachu knew how to pull off the dance, when previously they always had to rehearse to get it right.
DEM Z-Crystal pretty much. That whole one moment was such an "Ash-Pull" (As I heard it called) I called all the BS. Dude gets this brand new Z-Crystal out of nowhere and just SO HAPPENS to know the exact pose to pull it off WITHOUT even a lick of practice and the only explanation I can think of is just because plot...
Nope, nope, I think I stopped watching the SM anime for a whole month or two after that nonsense.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
DEM Z-Crystal pretty much. That whole one moment was such an "Ash-Pull" (As I heard it called) I called all the BS. Dude gets this brand new Z-Crystal out of nowhere and just SO HAPPENS to know the exact pose to pull it off WITHOUT even a lick of practice and the only explanation I can think of is just because plot...
Nope, nope, I think I stopped watching the SM anime for a whole month or two after that nonsense.
I mean, they don’t even explain the pose in the games either. You’re just gifted the Pikachu from the delivery person with the Z-Crystal and can do the pose without prior knowledge. While I agree it was an asspull, at the same time, one could interpret it as Ash’s own Z-move pose he made up. There wasn’t any practice he could have done because he seemingly just made this one on the fly (of course the move name and such is another story).

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
The whole debacle about the pose is easily explained: Ash made it up. This is Ash and Pikachu's z move, so it makes sense that Ash made it up right then and there. See how incredibly simple and to the point it is, unlike other Z poses.
Edit: lol, the posts above mine explained it

Anyways, I'm annoyed at the move itself and Koko's connection not really being explained. Sm19 gave us some insight, but in general it remained a mystery. I wish the zeraora 2 parter had something to do with that plot, as Koko was heavily involved there

Sonnas

The whole debacle about the pose is easily explained: Ash made it up. This is Ash and Pikachu's z move, so it makes sense that Ash made it up right then and there. See how incredibly simple and to the point it is, unlike other Z poses.
Edit: lol, the posts above mine explained it

Anyways, I'm annoyed at the move itself and Koko's connection not really being explained. Sm19 gave us some insight, but in general it remained a mystery. I wish the zeraora 2 parter had something to do with that plot, as Koko was heavily involved there
That sounds like a lazy explanation.