• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the biggest "wtf" moments in the anime for you?

Luthor

When Dunsparce was referred to as a Bug type. It was an episode all about Dunsparce so it seems like something they should know.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I mean the thing does look like a Bug Pokemon so I can't fault them for thinking that it was.

That's no excuse for them to misidentify its type though. That's the kind of error you'd expect from 4kids in their Trainer's Choice segment but not in an episode itself...

SerenaRulez

I just thought of a really weird WTF moment that I forgot about for years. Remember in Pokémon Heroes how it was said that the Pokémon that previously attacked Alto Mare were drowned? Well that partially makes no sense whatsoever. You’ve got an Aerodactyl for one of the attackers which makes sense that it could drown but the other Pokémon was Kabutops which is part Water type and is was said to be an excellent swimmer. Even if Kabutops lived on land, it still could either breathe or hold its breath for an extremely long period of time.

Even Aerodactyl drowning makes me confused because couldn't it just fly to avoid the water so that it doesn't drown?

Serzooka

Me @ the world right now....
XY(Z) was the first Pokémon Anime Series that I watched fully, so I wasn't aware of Ash and his love for Pokémon that it can be an extremely life-threatening trait. So when he jumped off the building in the first episode (or second?) I was caught off guard. Then I realized they probably won't kill the main character at the beginning of a series.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
XY(Z) was the first Pokémon Anime Series that I watched fully, so I wasn't aware of Ash and his love for Pokémon that it can be an extremely life-threatening trait. So when he jumped off the building in the first episode (or second?) I was caught off guard. Then I realized they probably won't kill the main character at the beginning of a series.
Worse. He did it again but in a volcano.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
When they said Brock’s mom died and suddenly out of nowhere Lola appears and is treated like she was always there and is the mom. Which is super weird as fans who’ve watched the anime from the very beginning knows it was explicitly said the mom was dead for quite some time and Brock was taking care of literally everything by himself because Flint, the dad, never came home. And remember this is all coming from Flint himself.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
When they said Brock’s mom died and suddenly out of nowhere Lola appears and is treated like she was always there and is the mom. Which is super weird as fans who’ve watched the anime from the very beginning knows it was explicitly said the mom was dead for quite some time and Brock was taking care of literally everything by himself because Flint, the dad, never came home. And remember this is all coming from Flint himself.
Wasn't this a 4Kids dub edit thing.

dman_dustin

8th gen anime spoilers
Ash catching Farfetch'd (right after Riolu, mind you) and not Sobble though this relates to the decision making not something plot related

Wasn't this a 4Kids dub edit thing.
Yes, just 4kids being absolutely dumb for killing off a character that wasn't dead just to avoid Brock and his siblings not having two deadbeat parents.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
8th gen anime spoilers
Ash catching Farfetch'd (right after Riolu, mind you) and not Sobble though this relates to the decision making not something plot related

Yes, just 4kids being absolutely dumb for killing off a character that wasn't dead just to avoid Brock and his siblings not having two deadbeat parents.
But how do you explain the absence of the mom in the first episode where we meet Brock? She is literally not there nor is she ever seen and then she suddenly exists.

Applecorp

But how do you explain the absence of the mom in the first episode where we meet Brock? She is literally not there nor is she ever seen and then she suddenly exists.

The dub didn't explain it first she was dead then she was there and they didn't give us a reason for why she was alive. I think she left her family in the Jpn version instead of dying but I can't remember 100%.

dman_dustin

As I said Brocks parents were deadbeats as in "not home" "not taking care of the family"

Lola wasn't there because she literally wasn't there as in she could've been in Hoenn for example.

Leonhart

Imagineer
If I remember correctly, Mizuho left Takeshi and his siblings behind so that she could pursue her own dreams. I can't remember if this was before or after Muno had left the family, however.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang