• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the biggest "wtf" moments in the anime in your opinion

vondecayle

-When team rocket was actually competent in BW and where going to face off against team plasma. Giovanni was going to get knocked down by plasma grunts that same episode.
-That time Iris tried to catch Meowth
-Alain’s battle with Leon

Alains MCX getting one shotted by Leon’s BASE Charizard. WTF????

Applecorp

Just remembered one more. When Ash transformed into a Pikachu and stayed that way all the way into the beginning of the following episode when he reverted to human form.
God that was so pointless. The magic episode made a big deal about Ash transforming into a Pikachu only for it to be dropped a few seconds into the next episode. The transformation plot deserved to be a whole mini arc of its own.

DayQuil95

With all honesty, nothing made me go "what the hell is this?" in the franchise as much as Ash-Greninja, up to that point I seriously believed that the writers wouldn't have the balls to give Ash something of that caliber and so unique, to the point it turned into its own Pokemon in the games. It was a mix of being amazed by how cool its scenes were, confused by what the hell it's supposed to be, and in awe that the writers actually did something like that.

Another thing that impressed me a lot in the anime is Journeys because it's so unpredictable and predictable at the same time, the same way you can guess some stuff easily, you can get another stuff completely wrong, and it was that mix of writing incompetency combined with the unpredictability that made Journeys the most wtf series for me by far.

DayQuil95

A guy randomly showing up with a Darkrai that decimated everything in its path of it was bad enough, but for him to send out a frickin Latios when it was finally defeated was just peak levels of WTF (in fact I'm almost certain that's what the protagonist himself was thinking the moment he saw it)
I like to think that Ash had brought a 6th reserve against Tobias, but after knowing that he was going to lose he just said "Might as well lose with style" and sent Pikachu.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
A guy randomly showing up with a Darkrai that decimated everything in its path of it was bad enough, but for him to send out a frickin Latios when it was finally defeated was just peak levels of WTF (in fact I'm almost certain that's what the protagonist himself was thinking the moment he saw it)
Did people think that his reputation as a "legendary trainer" was just a bluff or...?

I remember thinking that Ash almost beating Diantha's Mega Gardevoir with Ash-Greninja was bullshit. The writing staff loved riding Ash's **** during XYZ sure but that battle was so stupid that it hurt. Imagine if Ash had actually won. We'd never hear the end of it.

RafaSceptile

I remember thinking that Ash almost beating Diantha's Mega Gardevoir with Ash-Greninja was bullshit. The writing staff loved riding Ash's **** during XYZ sure but that battle was so stupid that it hurt. Imagine if Ash had actually won. We'd never hear the end of it.
At the time the episode was aired, it was fine I guess? The culmination of Ash-Greninja vs Mega-Charizard X it was hurts this episode because this episode now was pointless, aka false hype. This episode was not even needed at all for the Snowbelle City Mini arc.

Also Lyssandre's Mega-Gyarados makes this powerscaling even more stupid.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
A chandelier falling on Ash & Pikachu, Haunter pulling them out of their bodies, & the two of them flying around as ghosts for about half an episode.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ash having a more active love life than my man Brock at the end of XY
Just because he received a kiss from Serena? I don't believe that counts as having a "love life". I'd argue that Takeshi [Brock] still has more experience with love considering that he was willingly seduced by a ghost early in OS, almost got married in the Jouto saga, and had several potential love interests who were interested in him romantically, including Azami [Lucy] in the Battle Frontier saga.

Last edited:
I think they mean that Ash has more luck with the girls than Brock (which has always been the case because more girls have crushed on Ash than Brock and Serena’s kiss put the nail in the coffin) I find it so ironic that Ash has more success with girls than Brock. I would laugh so hard when Brock is single while Ash gets married and Brock turns white and faints and Croagunk drags him away when he hears that Ash and Serena are getting married