• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the day that changed your life?

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
There isn't really a single day, I believe. There was a month, though. October of 2007. Everything in my life was going so right. It was the first semester of my freshman year of college, and I was loving every moment of it. The future looked so bright; I was so happy. But come October I began having major medical issues (or at least they became noticeable). And these medical issues were at the very top of the list worst nightmares.

I had always taken everything for granted. I did not foresee such a thing ever happening, in fact I told myself over the year beforehand with absolute certainty "That will never happen to me; I have no reason to worry.". So I thought I could spend a lot of that year whining about things and acting as if my life was the worst. How stupid that was, because my senior year and college up to that point were the best moments of my life, and I spent a lot of that time drowning myself in misery for no real reason. I was just being overdramatic, because in reality I was happy. I had that hope in me of having a normal life ahead of me. But that was gone in an instant. And I couldn't foresee it because I had this stupid notion that being young makes you immortal. Well, not really, logically I would deduce that wasn't true, but in my mind it was. I didn't want to think otherwise. But you never know what will happen.

Skytorn

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ вuttєrflч!
The days that have changed my life have been pretty traumatic for me to be honest.

November 2003 (6 years old) - Me and the family moved to England. Not exactly the worst thing here but sometimes I wished that I could go back to where I was born.

March 2002 (5 years old) - My first best friend (this was before I moved) who was just 4 days older than me died in a house fire. Everyone thought I was too young to understand but I understood what was going on perfectly.

August 2006 (9 years old) - My cousin who had had mental health problems for a while stabbed me in the arm. Yup, just got a knife and whoosh!

September 2008 (11 years old) - I started high school and constantly got made fun of and got into fights. I'm one the smallest kids and I'm in my final year now.

My life has started to shape up now. I've got a loving family of 8 siblings (2 of them are twin step-sisters, my little sister who shares my birthday is the only one in my family I sort of hate. Mean you ask? You try living with her) and parents even though my mom and dad are divorced. I'm getting top marks in Art and English at school.

Penguinist Trainer

There are two days which have had the most significant impact on my life. The first was earning my Eagle, Globe, and Anchor and becoming a United States Marine. The 2nd will happen in a couple more months when my first child is born.

Rave

Banned
I dunno, it progressively changed over time to quit being a douchebag and get me doing something real with my life for once.

I day that changed my life, well it has to be the day i got accepted into my high school (no names). Its one of the best in my country and the high standard of teaching provided by the staff will surely help me have a successful future and hopefully i'll be able to provide some service to help others :D.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
The day I vomited in church.

Don't ask...

TanBun

I'm back :3
How did the people in church react ?

It is not really life changing, but when i held my rabbits paw when she died , it was hard. She licked me once over my hand, got down, got convulsions and died. The last year i had to comb her pelt and to syringe feed her and to wash her with a washcloth because she couldn't do it herself anymore

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
The day I met my girlfriend, or should I call her my soul-mate. :') Completely changed my life... Love you Heavenly <3

December 2008: My grandfather passed away after batting cancer.
May 2011: I realized I wasn't hanging out with the right people, and met the most amazing friends in the world as a result. :)
Two weeks from now: I'll graduate high school and begin my adult life.

-Nator-

February 13th, 2012. It was the beginning of one lonnnnng roller coaster ride. Granted, I think it was more miserable than anything. Then came August 9th of the same year, which I was finally released from the evil grasp. I was SO thrilled, but then arrived December 21st where I made a dumb mistake (wasn't because of the end of the world propaganda if that's what you're thinking)
but a coincidence, actually.
Needless to say, I was miserable all over again until January 30th of this year, where I FINALLY was set free for real. I've learned a really valuable lesson from it all.

~CallOfTheIndie~

Now on vinyl
I've never really put much thought into the days that changed me. But, if it counts, a lot of people that have walked into my life have changed me.

The day I became official with my first serious boyfriend was the day I'd never be the same person again. He put me through so much misery time and time again, but as that time went by, I slowly became...strong, for lack of a better word. Before that, I was an emotional trainwreck. I could never find the strength to stand up for myself, or even talk back when necessary. Despite the times he would hurt me, he was also my rock in my times of need. Definitely a roller-coaster.

He may not be my boyfriend anymore, and he may have said sorry for all the wrongs he's done, but the time I spent with him molded me into a strong woman. I never accept -bleep- from anyone anymore, zero tolerance for that. And happen to be more cautious for myself now.

Some day in 1999: I don't remember the exact day: I got into Pokemon at the age of 5, thanks to the anime.

The first day of the schoolyear 2011/2012: The worst bully who ever bullied me started bullying me, causing me to go through the worst time of my life.

30 January 2013: My first, only and current relationship! My awesome girlfriend gave me more self-confidence about my personality and appearance, she caused my unhealthy Pokemon-related obsessions to become healthy, and she makes me so happy! <3

tysonwritesel

May Serebii Forums Rise to the Heavens

Today... today is the day that changed my life. Nearly 3 years after my last post and the four years in between me registering and that post I am here to announce that Serebii Forums and Pokemon changed my life. Thanks for the memories and thank Heavens for this captivating piece of digital real estate.