1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

What was the Fandom's state during "DP->BW" ?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by J.Agera, Oct 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.Agera

J.Agera Well-Known Member

So with this "XY vs SM" going on at the moment, I am wondering if the situation was similar with "DP->BW".
    Did people defend BW and hated DP too?
    If not then how was it?
    I wasn't an active member of the Pokemon Anime Community until 2017, so I don't really know.
    But I want to know lol

mehmeh1 likes this.
  2. Shadao

Shadao Champion GETTO DA ZE!

Best Wishes didn't have an immediate good impression when Ash's Pikachu lost to a Snivy. But I recall that Team Rocket's new personalities and uniforms were warningly received by most of the Western fanbase. The perception began to change when Dogasu laid out his argument against BW Team Rocket.

Really, anything that was considered tiresome in DP that BW removed was praised (Replace Brock with Cilan and no more Team Rocket every episode), and anything that DP was well regarded was more contested (like rivals and Ash's competence).

mehmeh1 and J.Agera like this.
  3. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

The short answer is that yes, we had essentially the exact same drama going on. And just like "XY" means "everything not SM" now, "DP" meant "everything not BW" back then.
    And I have very little faith in this thread not turning into a colossal flame war, so I think we'll leave it at that answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.