• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the Fandom's state during "DP->BW" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.Agera

[Top-notch Сasual Dating Authentic Ladies]
So with this "XY vs SM" going on at the moment, I am wondering if the situation was similar with "DP->BW".
Did people defend BW and hated DP too?
If not then how was it?
I wasn't an active member of the Pokemon Anime Community until 2017, so I don't really know.
But I want to know lol

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Best Wishes didn't have an immediate good impression when Ash's Pikachu lost to a Snivy. But I recall that Team Rocket's new personalities and uniforms were warningly received by most of the Western fanbase. The perception began to change when Dogasu laid out his argument against BW Team Rocket.

Really, anything that was considered tiresome in DP that BW removed was praised (Replace Brock with Cilan and no more Team Rocket every episode), and anything that DP was well regarded was more contested (like rivals and Ash's competence).

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
So with this "XY vs SM" going on at the moment, I am wondering if the situation was similar with "DP->BW".
Did people defend BW and hated DP too?

The short answer is that yes, we had essentially the exact same drama going on. And just like "XY" means "everything not SM" now, "DP" meant "everything not BW" back then.
And I have very little faith in this thread not turning into a colossal flame war, so I think we'll leave it at that answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.