• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the first Pokemon card you ever got?

GarchompHata

I feel sick...
My buddy gave me all of his old cards, so I got a Base Vaporeon in HORRIBLE condition.

haha, oh man that was so long ago, but i remember it so well, my friend justin had lots of pokemon cards, and i didnt have any and i was just like, "can i have one please?" i was really annoying, but evenutally he gave me an oddish just to shut me up! lol, then i stopped playing for a long time, just got a random urge to play again, so i bought about 50 bucks worth of cards lol, im such a nerd but i dont care

Airliner

While i was 7/8/9 i got two boosters for my birthday. Don't remember all the cards, but the rares were Beedrill and Dragonair(Both base set)

Darkmaster Rannon

Thundercats Hoo!
I found a Bulbasaur card on the ground during a car show. then I started collecting TCGs.

pokemaniac10

クロツグ
that was a long time ago, but I think it was a Mewtwo card from the first pokemon movie. hat to be eithor that, or some other card.

Flareon1990

Pokemon Veteran
In my first booster, all I really remember was a base set Gastly and a base set Poliwrath, which is why Poliwrath is still one of my favourite pokemon.

Aptenodytes

When I was in second grade, I bought my first booster pack. I completely forgot what the cards were except for a holographic Ninetales. Unfortunately, it was confiscated one year later by a teacher :/

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
For me It was a Promo Pikachu.
Also I remember In my second deck I found a shiny Charazard. (Its a old verson) But I still have it and its so cool

TehQiGl

Feraligatr Mastah
First card I got was base set Sandshrew. It was given to me by my best friend at the time, and... I really have no idea where the card got to. owo;

electivire165

like TehQiGl, my first card was also a sandshrew, my older step brother gave it to me when i was 7.

electivire165

like TehQiGl, my first card was also a sandshrew, my older step brother gave it to me when i was 7.

ChimFang

i got my first cards in 3rd grade they were weedle diglet nidoran male arbok and some others

Mew-100

Future Scriptwriter!
I don't remember, it was definatley from the Base-set though. It may have been Machop.

joshuakeenan

The World's Greatest
I only remember the first holographic i got, it was a first edition machamp in horrible condition that my friend found on the ground. I traded him a few shitty cards for it, its to this day my favorite card/pokemon. That was about 10 years ago

dog_bot_2000

who...are...you...?
my first card was magnemite my friends gave it to me