• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What was the first Pokemon you ever caught?

Trillion

i always see people talk about their starter but never about their first pokemon capture

mine was a wurmple in ruby. evolved into a cascoon then dustox. never boxed it and it was on my team for my first ever pokemon league win

before the isle of armor came out i was hoping that the talks about galarian dustox would be true, but alas

octoboy

I Crush Everything
A rattata, if I'm not mistaken. Caught in what was then my cousin's Red version (which I bought from him after getting attached to the game). I called it Scabbers.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Since the first version I ever played was Yellow, I guess the very first Pokémon I ever caught was a Pikachu, although technically Professor Oak caught it. It's been so many years that I don't really remember much.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m pretty sure it was a Caterpie. It was a long time ago but it was either Caterpieor Weedle as I caught my very first Pokémon in Viridian Forest. I remember trying to find a Pikachu and getting so frustrated that I found and caught a Pidgey as my second or third Pokémon and named it Pikachu and oddly enough, a couple minutes later an actual Pikachu popped up and I caught it and called it Pidgey just to even things out. That did confuse my friend when he was playing the game.

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Pidgey was the first Pokémon I caught. It was on Yellow. Lol used it to beat Brock before I knew about type advantages. Evolved into a Pidgeot before I left Mt. Moon, I believe.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Most likely Poppo (Pidgey) in Red version at Route 1, although I can't be 100% sure since my memory of the Gen I games is a bit fuzzy after all this time.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
From a borrowed game: Probably Pidgey or Rattata.
From my own game: Probably Sentret.

Shinruna

Rose of Fire
My first Pokémon caught was a Taillow in Ruby.
I hope it will soon be added in Generation VIII.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
Rattata for sure. It was my 2nd favorite pokemon back in the 90s when the game first came out.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Riolu on Floccesy Ranch in Pokemon White 2. I knew i needed a edge against Cheren.

I suppose people just don’t pay attention much to their first pokemon caught compared to their first starter.

It’s like asking which was the first track you raced on or which was the first item you used in Mario Kart